An Old School Catholic Message Board

'Marxist cultural vision': USCCB head José Gomez decries social justice movements

Matthew 10 42

Matthew 10 42
16 minutes ago, Vernon said:

If you're a US citizen and if you vote, my guess is that you voted for Biden. Am I right?

I didn't vote. I'm not a liberal. I didn't vote either party.

19 minutes ago, Vernon said:

So what's wrong with Larry Elder? Is he another uppity black man who doesn't behave the way white liberals want?

He just says provactive stuff like Candace. Things like Arbery had it coming etc

17 minutes ago, Peace said:

Friend, there is no bread and wine after consecration.

Just millions of Jesuses, whole and entire.  Which is a doctrine of the Catholic faith.  Which was also the "problem" you levied against the "the poor are Jesus" hypothesis.

Its like... if you have glass walls in your house... be careful where you throw rocks?

Edited by hakutaku

17 minutes ago, hakutaku said:

Just millions of Jesuses, whole and entire.  Which is a doctrine of the Catholic faith.  Which was also the "problem" you levied against the "the poor are Jesus" hypothesis.

Its like... if you have glass walls in your house... be careful where you throw rocks?

And the Spirit said to Philip, “Go over and join this chariot.” So Philip ran to him and heard him reading Isaiah the prophet and asked, “Do you understand what you are reading?” And he said, “How can I, unless someone guides me?”

35 minutes ago, Peace said:

Friend, there is no bread and wine after consecration.

Yes I know. It becomes the body, blood, soul and divinity of Christ. You were the one who said it wasn't literally Jesus, so you've got me a little confused.

1 minute ago, Vernon said:

Yes I know. It becomes the body, blood, soul and divinity of Christ. You were the one who said it wasn't literally Jesus, so you've got me a little confused.

No, I wrote "The Catholic Church does not teach that bread and wine are literally Jesus".

I think you see the difference now.

31 minutes ago, Matthew 10 42 said:

I didn't vote. I'm not a liberal. I didn't vote either party.

He just says provactive stuff like Candace. Things like Arbery had it coming etc

I couldn't find that. This is what she said on Twitter:

Two things can be true at once:

-Ahmaud Arbery did not deserve to die.

-Ahmaud Arbery was not a jogger gunned down for the crime of being black. It’s that simple. But the media cannot resist a race narrative in a election cycle. And people struggle to think for themselves.

I couldn't find that. This is what she said on Twitter:

Two things can be true at once:

-Ahmaud Arbery did not deserve to die.

-Ahmaud Arbery was not a jogger gunned down for the crime of being black. It’s that simple. But the media cannot resist a race narrative in a election cycle. And people struggle to think for themselves.

What was he gunned down for in your opinion?

Just now, Peace said:

No, I wrote "The Catholic Church does not teach that bread and wine are literally Jesus".

I think you see the difference now.

OK I get it now. Thanks.

Matthew 10 42
3 minutes ago, Vernon said:

Ahmaud Arbery was not a jogger gunned down for the crime of being black. It’s that simple. But the media cannot resist a race narrative in a election cycle. And people struggle to think for themselves.

They found confederate flags in the kids truck and voicemails of him using the n word. 

1 minute ago, Peace said:

What was he gunned down for in your opinion?

He was shot because he tried to take the gun away from one of the attackers. (And I don't blame him for that. He felt that his life was in danger. He was being unjustly chased. They were not police officers).

1 minute ago, Matthew 10 42 said:

They found confederate flags in the kids truck and voicemails of him using the n word. 

I dunno man. Just because someone waives a confederate flag at me and calls me the N word doesn't NECESSARILY mean that he dislikes black people.

I mean, maybe he does not like my haircut.

He was shot because he tried to take the gun away from one of the attackers. (And I don't blame him for that. He felt that his life was in danger. He was being unjustly chased. They were not police officers).

Why were they chasing him in your opinion?

Why were they chasing him in your opinion?

I believe that they believed he was a crook or someone who was casing the neighborhood with plans to steal. I do not believe they routinely hunted black people, but that's just a guess at this point. If there is evidence that they did that, then I would change my mind about why I think they did it. And I hope it's clear that in stating my opinion, I don't condone what they did. 

9 minutes ago, Matthew 10 42 said:

So that proves he has a hobby of chasing black men down the street because they are black? Just for the sake of argument, if he legitimately had to kill a black man in self defense would this matter?

8 minutes ago, Vernon said:

I believe that they believed he was a crook or someone who was casing the neighborhood with plans to steal. I do not believe they routinely hunted black people, but that's just a guess at this point. If there is evidence that they did that, then I would change my mind about why I think they did it. And I hope it's clear that in stating my opinion, I don't condone what they did. 

Well I have not seen anything to suggest that they went out on a routine hunt for black people (like the son and the daughter from Get Out, for example).

To me it seems that they suspected him of a crime, and that race may have played a role into why they suspected him of a crime. I'd like to see more evidence on the race issue before reaching a conclusion either way there.

Regardless, even if you take race out of the case, you can't go around citizen arresting random joggers with a shotgun it seems. That alone suggests serious jail-time, not knowing much of the other factual details surrounding the case. If you are right you get a nice hero badge. If you are wrong you get 20+ years in jail. That's just the way it goes.

I don't know how I feel about tacking on extra years for killing because of racial bias anyway. I mean, I kill someone because I don't like the color of his tie, I get 20 years. I kill him because I don't like the color of his skin, I get 25 years? I'm not sure if that makes sense.

Edited by Peace

Regardless, even if you take race out of the case, you can't go around citizen arresting random joggers with a shotgun it seems. That alone suggests serious jail-time, not knowing much of the other factual details surrounding the case.

Totally agree. Even if they hadn't killed him they would have been guilty of "unlawful imprisonment" or something like that.