An Old School Catholic Message Board

The culture barrier is real

dUSt

fides' Jack

I don't think they're unrelated either.  I mean, some of them are.  Others are not.  Making homosexual marriage illegal should be a goal of every Catholic.  I'm not done fighting in my state just because Roe v Wade was overturned.  And neither was the left done fighting when they tried to force a baker to make a sick, twisted wedding cake that was completely contrary to his morals.  

They are related.  The demon of child sacrifice is only one of the top five generals of satan.  There are others who are demons of homosexuality and of lesbianism.  We have to fight them all.  

The one thing that doesn't make sense is to suggest that somehow conservatives are the racist ones.  They are not.  The left are the racist ones, and have always been so.  They were racist with Sanger.  They were racist with Hitler.  They were racist with KKK.  And they are racist today with BLM.  As always, they try to rewrite history, which is the only way for them to save face. 

image.png

actually there is a stark contrast between subjects.
Gay marriage involves consenting adults. No unborn child consents to his or her own destruction. 

They are as different as night and day 

One of the misperceptions I had corrected, was who and what Uncle Tom is.

Uncle Tom is the epitome of a Christian Saint.  The fact that he is derided and used as a derogatory pejorative, is an attack on the fundamentals of Christian empathy and self sacrifice to be Christ-like in this world.   

So you’re saying that calling Clarence Thomas the Supreme Court justice uncle Tom Clarence is racist?

Interesting

8 hours ago, little2add said:

Gay marriage involves consenting adults. No unborn child consents to his or her own destruction. 

However, the way these formerly-illegal subjects became legal are somewhat related. Thirty-eight states held general elections (plebiscites) in which the majority of the voters declared marriage as a relationship between one man and one woman - the definition that had been in effect since time immemorial (and since 1789 from a legal, constitutional perspective). A federal court (what's that - 3-to-7 justices?) overturned the will of the people in 38 states (76% of the nation) with one decision. 

Again, we have the judiciary obviating the will of the people rather than the people's elected representatives enacting laws. What's wrong with this picture? 

3 hours ago, little2add said:

So you’re saying that calling Clarence Thomas the Supreme Court justice uncle Tom Clarence is racist?

Interesting

I’m saying calling Justice Thomas is specifically an attack for pursuing higher moral principles. 

fides' Jack
9 hours ago, little2add said:

I agree with your point, but just as both gay marriage and baby murder are both sins that cry to Heaven for vengeance, so are night and day both periods of the rotation of the earth.  Addressing baby murder needed to be priority number one, but gay marriage is also in the list of priorities.

1 hour ago, Luigi said:

Again, we have the judiciary obviating the will of the people rather than the people's elected representatives enacting laws. What's wrong with this picture? 

Here is what's wrong with it:

“Avarice, ambition, revenge, or gallantry, would break the strongest cords of our Constitution as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.” - John Adams

We have become corrupt beyond the ability of our republic or our constitution to help us.  The only possible fix now will come in the form of a monarchy, and it will be the King of Kings Himself Who will save us (most likely after some other faux monarch attempts to drag us into hell).  And we must pray that He does so sooner, rather than later, so that our souls might be saved.

Edited by fides' Jack

IDK, there’s nothing wrong with two adult people of the same sex falling in love and having a  relationship.

Unlike terminating a unborn human being in the womb.  Abortion is a Scourge upon the Nation. 

fides' Jack
7 hours ago, little2add said:

IDK, there’s nothing wrong with two adult people of the same sex falling in love and having a  relationship.

Same-sex attraction, in itself, is intrinsically disordered.  There is something wrong with it.  Now the attraction itself might not be sinful, unless it's allowed or even encouraged, but it's definitely disordered.  Same-sex marriage is absolutely sinful, in every circumstance.  It always constitutes grave matter.  Same-sex marriage is also a scourge upon our nation, and every nation that concedes to it.  

There are very few words you could use to label abortion that do not also apply to same-sex marriage.  The obvious one is murder.  Outside of that, most descriptions would apply to both.

On 6/28/2022 at 2:45 PM, Anomaly said:

I’m saying calling Justice Thomas is specifically an attack for pursuing higher moral principles. 

And it’s racist !

fides' Jack
8 hours ago, little2add said:

John 8:7

Leviticus 18:22-24

Romans 1:32

Romans 1:27

Leviticus 20:13

1 Corinthians 6:9

1 Timothy 1:9-10

Hebrews 13:4

Jude 1:7

Mark 10:6-8

1 Corinthians 7:2

John 8:11

4 hours ago, fides' Jack said:

John 8:11

“Then neither do I condemn you,” Jesus declared. “Go now and leave your life of sin.”

Emphasized bolded

fides' Jack
On 6/30/2022 at 3:36 AM, little2add said:

“Then neither do I condemn you,” Jesus declared. “Go now and leave your life of sin.”

On 6/30/2022 at 6:14 AM, little2add said:

If Jesus is okay with it , so I’m i

It is precisely because she went and sinned no more that He did not condemn her.  She was a prostitute and an adulteress.  Are you saying Jesus is ok with prostitution and adultery?  For you to say that Jesus is okay with homosexual marriage is heresy and blasphemy.  It's against every single level of Church teaching.  It's against Scripture.  It's against the image of God, Himself.