"black friday" reminder (what would Jesus buy?)

ArciMoto

4x6-PC-an-inconvenient-black-friday-remi

FYI

There's A Staggering Conspiracy Behind The Rise Of Consumer Culture

Long before U.S. consumers racked up trillion in aggregate debt, people used to save money for things they actually needed.

But in the age of plenty that followed World War I, corporations countered the threat of overproduction with a manipulative psychological strategy.

"We must shift America from a needs, to a desires culture," wrote Paul Mazur of Lehman Brothers. "People must be trained to desire, to want new things even before the old had been entirely consumed. We must shape a new mentality in America. Man's desires must overshadow his needs."

This conspiracy, enabled by new sophistication in advertising and supported by the government, was shockingly effective.

www.businessinsider.com/birth-of-consumer-culture-2013-2

Consumers Have a Bigger Impact on The Environment Than Anything Else, Study Finds

...according to a new study, if you want to know what’s really driving the impact on the planet, you need to look past the obvious primary factors taking a toll on the environment – like industry and agriculture – and instead realise whose needs those things are servicing.

From that perspective, researchers say household consumers are by far the biggest drain on the planet, which makes for a very different picture to purely nation-focused analyses of environmental impact. In other words, before we start blaming whole countries for the state of the planet, we should probably be looking at our own habits and demands.

www.sciencealert.com/consumers-have-a-bigger-impact-on-the-environment-than-anything-else-study-finds

Since Black Friday is associated with the start of the Christmas Season, consider,...

Matthew 19:16-24 

16 The Rich Young Man. Then a man came forward and asked him, “Teacher, what good thing must I do to achieve eternal life?” 17 He said to him, “Why do you ask me about what is good? There is only one who is good. But if you wish to enter into life, keep the commandments.” 18 He said, “Which ones?” And Jesus answered, “You shall not kill. You shall not commit adultery. You shall not steal. You shall not bear false witness. 19 Honor your father and your mother. Love your neighbor as yourself.”

20 The young man said to him, “I have observed all these. Is there anything more I must do?” 21 Jesus replied, “If you wish to be perfect, go, sell your possessions, and give the money to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.” 22 When the young man heard this, he went away grieving, for he possessed great wealth.

23 Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Amen, I say to you, it will be difficult for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. 24 Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of heaven.”

www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+19&version=NCB

PS FWIW

Religious Americans less worried about climate change, poll says

Most adults in the United States — including a large majority of Christians and people who identify with other religions — consider the Earth sacred and believe God gave humans a duty to care for it.

But highly religious Americans — those who pray daily, regularly attend religious services and consider religion crucial in their lives — are far less likely than other U.S. adults to express concern about global warming.

Those are among the key findings in a comprehensive report by the Pew Research Center, which surveyed 10,156 U.S. adults from April 11-17. Its margin of error for the full sample of respondents is plus or minus 1.6 percentage points.

www.latimes.com/world-nation/story/2022-11-19/religious-americans-less-worried-about-climate-change-poll-says

Who believes Climate change is man-made?  

BTW: invoking Jesus in the silly little cartoon :lol3: above is disingenuous at the very least and  sacrilegious At most. 

• Like 1

I had the same thought.  We should not make caricatures of any member of the Blessed Trinity, or of the Blessed Mother.