An Old School Catholic Message Board

“We are at war.”

little2add

Just a thought.  

How can Hamas’ behavior be defended and Israel blamed when both Egypt and Jordan refuse to accept Palestinian refugees because of their (Hamas’) behavior?

hmmmm

13 hours ago, Anomaly said:

Just a thought.  

How can Hamas’ behavior be defended and Israel blamed when both Egypt and Jordan refuse to accept Palestinian refugees because of their (Hamas’) behavior?

hmmmm

Good thought in my book :) 

To my knowledge none of the multiple muslim majority nations have stepped forward to volunteer in taking refugees from Palestine...

Isn't that a little strange?

Uou just can’t find a good Samarian when you need one

What is the moral of the Good Samaritan?

What is the Moral of the Good Samaritan. The moral of the story is that you should put aside your differences and help those who are in need of help. The Samaritan did not think about the race or the religion of the man; he just saw a man who needed help.

Have you seen the protests in England, France and USA in favour of Hamas?

I would caution against bringing more of these 'sympathizers'...

Machine_Washable
On 10/17/2023 at 12:54 PM, Anomaly said:

Just a thought.  

hmmmm

Egypt is controlled by the dictator Sisi after the democratically elected Muslim Brotherhood were slaughtered in a coup about a decade ago. I find it odd westerns use Egypt’s behavior against Muslims when you support and arm the military dictator who came to power by force and oppresses his own people. Jordan is a client state of Israel and has been for a long time. 

On 10/19/2023 at 3:03 PM, Didacus said:

To my knowledge none of the multiple muslim majority nations have stepped forward to volunteer in taking refugees from Palestine...

Isn't that a little strange?

It’s not strange. Palestinians have iman and all of these dictators are trying to secularize their countries. 

On 10/20/2023 at 8:35 AM, Didacus said:

Have you seen the protests in England, France and USA in favour of Hamas?

I would caution against bringing more of these 'sympathizers'...

These have been peaceful protests. Why is supporting Israel a litmus test? Israel is not a pro-Christian state. Despite what false impressions they might give. They just destroyed an ancient Church and Palestinian Christians. 

Machine_Washable

Hamas does not have a right to target civilians. This is against the sharia. If Israel said it was going to hunt down those guilty, most Muslims would understand and believe Hamas had it coming as they, or groups working with them, had transgressed the limits. 

Instead, Israel talks a big game about how they’re going to smash Gaza. This after making the people of Gaza live like animals for decades. They have united the ummah against them and rekindled our anger for their decades of crimes and humiliations. This has made it much harder for Saudi Arabia and the other gulf states to ally with them because the people are so angry.

Their air power isn’t enough. If they’re serious they’ll have to go into those 300 miles of tunnels. This hasn’t gone well in the past. Their last incursions into Gaza and Lebanon did not go well. So we will see how bold they truly are soon enough.

13 hours ago, Machine_Washable said:

300 miles of tunnels

are they tunnels or (nuclear) bomb shelters or graves?

Israeli law requires all homes, residential buildings, and industrial building to have bomb shelters. 

On 10/21/2023 at 4:25 PM, Machine_Washable said:

[snip]

These have been peaceful protests. Why is supporting Israel a litmus test? Israel is not a pro-Christian state. Despite what false impressions they might give. They just destroyed an ancient Church and Palestinian Christians. 

Mohamadeens have not been very nice to Christians either.

One or the other - not my fight, not my monkeys.  I am not picking a side on this one.

Machine_Washable
On 10/22/2023 at 6:42 AM, little2add said:

are they tunnels or (nuclear) bomb shelters or graves?

Israeli law requires all homes, residential buildings, and industrial building to have bomb shelters. 

As far as I know the tunnels are made and maintained by Hamas for smuggling, moving without being detected, and for fighting. Israel is a powerful country with a powerful army that is well supplied and advanced. Gaza is a small enclosure. You cannot fight Israel on the street. They’ll just level everything. As they are doing now. The only leverage is the tunnels because Israel knows that would be brutal and costly fighting. They won’t have as much of a technological advantage. They can’t just use their air power and artillery. That’s why people are warning them about their big talk. They can level every building in Gaza but they’ll still have to back it up by clearing 300 miles of tunnels which will cost them dearly. 

On 10/23/2023 at 9:49 AM, Didacus said:

Mohamadeens have not been very nice to Christians either.

One or the other - not my fight, not my monkeys.  I am not picking a side on this one.

We are not Mohamadeens. We are Muslims. I don’t understand how Christians can have this mindset. Your brothers and sisters are in Gaza too. I have grown up with, worked with, and worked for Palestinian Christian’s for much of my life. They are often harsher towards Israel than I am. They have relatives dying in the refugee camps too. They have family being killed now too. Your faith should inspire more loyalty than the fact that they are Christians in another country. 

Two wrongs don’t make things right.   Palestinians harbor Hamas that planned and carried out an attack on civilian children.   
That is indefensible.

Nor do I condone Israel’s air attacks and cutting off power. That too is indefensible.  

Only when both sides agree to forgive all past injustices, and avow each nation’s right to exist, will the hating and death cease.  

Who kills their brother or sister for an offense?     
But who fights against a brother or sister if they endanger your life.   

Edited by Anomaly

I pray for all to be safe and at peace; Jews, Christians and mohammedans alike.

I even pray for those god-dammed atheists!

Anomaly - well said, and agreed.

Let me repeat; in so far as the fighting is concerned, not my monkeys, not my fight.