Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Recommended Posts

Posted

[color=blue]Last one, tho I can go on all day....


O Jesus, by Thy most loving Heart, I implore Thee to inflame with zeal for Thy love and glory all the priests of the world, all missionaries and those whose office it is to preach Thy Word, that, on fire with Holy Zeal, they may snatch souls from the devil and lead them into the Shelter of Thy Heart, where forever they may glorify Thee. Amen[/color]

Fides_et_Ratio
Posted

Probably the only one I repeat with any consistancy...

"Lord, I do believe, help my unbelief!"


;)

Other than that, I am drawn to prayers in Latin (usually the psalms), but I don't usually pray them often. My favorites are:

"De profundis clamavi, ad te Domine;
Domine, exaudi vocem meam.
Fiant aures tuae intendentes
In vocem deprecationis meae.
Si iniquitates observaveris, Domine,
Domine, quis sustinebit?
Quia apud te propitiatio est;
Et propter legem tuam sustinui te, Domine.
Sustinuit anima mea in verbo eius;
Speravit anima mea in Domino.
A custodia matutina usque ad noctem,
Speret Israel in Domino;
Quia apud Dominum misericordia,
Et copiosa apud eum redemptio.
Et ipse redimet Israel
Ex omnibus iniquitatibus eius."

AND

"Miserere mei, Deus, secundum magnam misericordiam tuam;
et secundum multitudinem miserationum tuarum: dele iniquitatem
meam.
Amplius lava me ab iniquitate mea
et a peccato meo munda me.
Quoniam iniquitatem meam ego cognosco,
et peccatum meum contra me est semper.
Tibi, soli peccavi et malum coram te feci,
ut iustificeris in sermonibus tuis,
et vincas cum iudicaris.
Ecce enim in iniquitatibus conceptus sum,
et in peccatis concepit me mater mea.
Ecce enim veritatem dilexisti;
incerta et occulta sapientiae tuae manifestasti mihi.
Asparges me hysopo, et mundabor;
lavabis me, et super nivem dealbabor.
Auditui meo dabis gaudium et laetitiam,
et exultabunt ossa humiliata.
Averte faciem tuam a peccatis meis,
et omnes iniquitates meas dele.
Cor mundum crea in me, Deus,
et spiritum rectum innova in visceribus meis.
Ne proicias me a facie tua,
et spiritum sanctum tuum ne auferas a me.
Redde mihi laetitiam salutaris tui,
et spiritu principali confirma me.
Docebo iniquos vias tuas,
et impii ad te convertentur.
Libera me de sanguinibus, Deus, Deus salutis meae,
et exultabit lingua mea iustitiam tuam.
Domine labia mea aperies,
et os meum adnuntiabit laudem tuam.
Quoniam si voluisses sacrificium, dedissem utique;
holocaustis non delectaberis.
Sacrificium Deo spiritus contribulatus,
cor contritum et humiliatum, Deus, non despicies.
Benigne fac, Domine, in bona voluntate tua Sion,
ut aedificentur muri Ierusalem.
Tunc acceptabis sacrificium iustitiae, oblationes et
holocausta;
tunc inponent super altare tuum vitulos."

Posted

I'd count among my favorite prayers the Mass, the rosary, the Chaplet of Divine Mercy, and the Liturgy of the Hours.

I also love the Memorare:

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thy intercession was left unaided. Inspired with this confidence I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my mother! To thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me. Amen.

And the Golden Arrow too:

May the most holy, most sacred, most adorable, most incomprehensible and ineffable Name of God be forever praised, blessed, loved, adored, and glorified in heaven, on earth, and under the earth by all the creatures of God and by the Sacred Heart of Our Lord Jesus Christ in the Most Holy Sacrament of the Altar.

theculturewarrior
Posted

sometimes I pray the Jesus Prayer in line for communion. Other times, I ask for what St. Thomas Aquinas asked in his prayer before mass. "Lord, in your great generosity, enlighten my blindness, clothe my nakedness, enrich my poverty, wash away my defilement, and heal my sickness."

lil bull 04
Posted

Now I lay me down to sleep.
Pray the Lord my soul to keep.
Dear Lord, protect me through the night,
wake me with the morning light.
God, bless_____,______,_____,_____.

Dear Lord, I rise from bed to pray,
Then soon go out to school or play,
Let all I meet along the way,
See you in me throughout the day.

Now, before I run to play,
Let me not forget to pray
To God Who kept me through the night
And waked me with the morning light.
Help me, Lord, to love Thee more
Than I ever loved before,
In my work and in my play,
Be Thou with me through the day. Amen

Now I wake to see the light.
Thy love was with me through the night;
To Thee I speak again and pray,
That thou will lead me all the day

God bless all those that I love;
God bless all those that love me;
God bless all those that love those that I love,
And all those that love those that love me.

Dear Father, hear and bless,
Thy beasts and singing birds,
And guard with tenderness,
Small things that have no words.

Thank you for the world so sweet,
Thank you for the food we eat.
Thank you for the birds that sing,
Thank you, God, for everything

God be in my head, and in my understanding;
God be in my eyes, and in my looking;
God be in my mouth, and in my speaking;
God be in my heart, and in my thinking;
God be at my end, and in my departing

God let our home be friendly,
With open doors to all,
Who come for food and shelter,
Or just to pay a call.
And give us grace in sharing,
Our best with every guest,
That each may feel the comfort,
Of warmth Thy love has blest.

Come Lord Jesus and be our guest
and let thy gifts to us be blessed.
For these and all thy gifts of love
we give thee thanks and praise. Amen

Heavenly Father, hear our prayer,
Keep us in Thy loving care,
Guard us through the live long day,
In our work and in our play.
Keep us pure and sweet and true,
In everything we say and do.

thomasaquinas3
Posted

You guys are all awesome! Thank you very much! I always enjoy seeing what prayers other people say/enjoy! I am looking forward to praying some of the new prayers that were posted! God bless.


TA3

P.S. Bump! ;)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...