An Old School Catholic Message Board

Proud To Be American (or Whatever Other Country)?

ironmonk

catholicguy

[quote name='MC Just' date='Jul 14 2004, 03:32 PM'] anti-christian liberals tying to remove everything that has to do with God. [/quote]
How about the "christian" liberals who do the same? :unsure:

[quote name='catholicguy' date='Jul 14 2004, 03:41 PM'] How about the "christian" liberals who do the same? :unsure: [/quote]
them too.

You will find that everywhere. I say that we should love our country because of the freedoms it protects. Who cares if people tell us to shut up? It is our God-given right to our freedom of speech to say what we want as long as it is in line to what God commands and expects of us.

When a person takes their God-given right to freedom of speech or other freedom protected by America's laws, then they are abusing it. It is not America's fault that her lawmakers and citizens are abusing their freedoms. But thankfully, those rights will not be taken away so that we can still continue our apostolic mission no matter what people expect. We should be happy that we live in a country that is protecting the things we we are given by God, namely freedom of speech and religion.

[quote name='MC Just' date='Jul 14 2004, 05:32 PM'] Lately i've become sort of "Anti-America". What I mean is I dont want to support a country that's slowly by slowly becoming a giant sodom and gormorrah. Babie's are murdered in the name of american freedom and choice. anti-christian liberals tying to remove everything that has to do with God. Homosexual marriage,the sexual revolution this growing culture of death. This country is just spilling out all kinds of abominations. We try to speak up and are told to shut up. People expecting us to just stop our apostolic mission. There are liberal judge's in Massachusetts who are fighting to make homosexual marriage nation wide. That means everywhere. I definitely aint proud.. [/quote]
When I was in high school, I was the kid with Anarchy written on my books.

I hated this country.

Then, I started paying attention to who said and did what, that I hated about the country. The immoralism, anti-God, ssa agenda, warping our children, hedonistic lifestyles... etc...

Then I realized, I didn't hate the country... I hated the democratic party. The agenda they push is what I hated because it goes against God. They want to take God away from us. They wanted to shove their disbelief down our throat. They keep their power by lying to the poor about republican plans. They keep their power because they promote dependancy on the welfare system.

Bro, I don't think your problem is with America, it's with the mindless radical left.

God Bless,
ironmonk

[quote name='ironmonk' date='Jul 14 2004, 10:24 PM'] When I was in high school, I was the kid with Anarchy written on my books.

I hated this country.

Then, I started paying attention to who said and did what, that I hated about the country. The immoralism, anti-God, ssa agenda, warping our children, hedonistic lifestyles... etc...

Then I realized, I didn't hate the country... I hated the democratic party. The agenda they push is what I hated because it goes against God. They want to take God away from us. They wanted to shove their disbelief down our throat. They keep their power by lying to the poor about republican plans. They keep their power because they promote dependancy on the welfare system.

Bro, I don't think your problem is with America, it's with the mindless radical left.

God Bless,
ironmonk [/quote]
yeah your right. It drives me out of my mind literally..

conservativecatholic

[quote name='ironmonk' date='Jul 14 2004, 10:24 PM'] Then I realized, I didn't hate the country... I hated the democratic party. The agenda they push is what I hated because it goes against God. They want to take God away from us. They wanted to shove their disbelief down our throat. They keep their power by lying to the poor about republican plans. They keep their power because they promote dependancy on the welfare system.

God Bless,
ironmonk [/quote]
Ironmonk, you are so right.

Pretty soon their gonna start tearing crosses off our steaples and spires. They are already trying to remove the word God from money and God's commandments from the courthouses. They've removed prayer from school and they are trying to change our schools and universities. What's sad is the Catholics who actually agree with it all. They should be ashamed of themselves. Man we need a crusade, we really to show this country the power of our Faith.

[quote name='MC Just' date='Jul 15 2004, 11:13 AM'] Pretty soon their gonna start tearing crosses off our steaples and spires. They are already trying to remove the word God from money and God's commandments from the courthouses. They've removed prayer from school and they are trying to change our schools and universities. What's sad is the Catholics who actually agree with it all. They should be ashamed of themselves. Man we need a crusade, we really to show this country the power of our Faith. [/quote]
Yes.

With this ssa marriage ban failing.

We need to vote everyone who voted against it out.

VOTE OUT ALL OF THE FOLLOWING - They are the ones who stopped the marriage admendment.:

NAYs ---50
Akaka (D-HI)
Baucus (D-MT)
Bayh (D-IN)
Biden (D-DE)
Bingaman (D-NM)
Boxer (D-CA)
Breaux (D-LA)
Campbell (R-CO)
Cantwell (D-WA)
Carper (D-DE)
Chafee (R-RI)
Clinton (D-NY)
Collins (R-ME)
Conrad (D-ND)
Corzine (D-NJ)
Daschle (D-SD)
Dayton (D-MN)
Dodd (D-CT)
Dorgan (D-ND)
Durbin (D-IL)
Feingold (D-WI)
Feinstein (D-CA)
Graham (D-FL)
Harkin (D-IA)
Hollings (D-SC)
Inouye (D-HI)
Jeffords (I-VT)
Johnson (D-SD)
Kennedy (D-MA)
Kohl (D-WI)
Landrieu (D-LA)
Lautenberg (D-NJ)
Leahy (D-VT)
Levin (D-MI)
Lieberman (D-CT)
Lincoln (D-AR)
McCain (R-AZ)
Mikulski (D-MD)
Murray (D-WA)
Nelson (D-FL)
Pryor (D-AR)
Reed (D-RI)
Reid (D-NV)
Rockefeller (D-WV)
Sarbanes (D-MD)
Schumer (D-NY)
Snowe (R-ME)
Stabenow (D-MI)
Sununu (R-NH)
Wyden (D-OR)

Not Voting - 2
Edwards (D-NC)
Kerry (D-MA)

conservativecatholic

A sad day for the Federal Marriage Amendment. :( Here are the US [u]Catholic [/u]Senators who helped defeat it in the Senate. Out of the 50 senators who voted against the amendment, 14 were Roman Catholic. If only 12 of them would have been faithfu to the Church, gay marriage would be defined illegal today in the US Constitution. These senators must be voted out! Write letters to your Bishops if any of these senators represent your state. Luckily, none from good ol' Texas stopped the amendment. May God Bless! The amendment still has a chance to be passed so contcact your senators!

Sen. Joseph R. Biden Jr., D
Sen. John B. Breaux, D
Sen. Susan Collins, R
Sen. Tom Daschle, D
Sen. Christopher J. Dodd, D
Sen. Richard J. Durbin, D
Sen. Tom Harkin, D
Sen. Edward M. Kennedy, D
Sen. Mary L. Landrieu, D
Sen. Patrick J. Leahy, D
Sen. Barbara A. Mikulski, D
Sen. Patty Murray, D
Sen. Jack Reed, D
Sen. John E. Sununu, R

Edited by conservativecatholic

conservativecatholic

[quote name='MC Just' date='Jul 15 2004, 02:12 PM'] they are like disciples of Judas. [/quote]
indeed they are :(

Hmm, it's interesting that a lot of Americans (or so it seems to me) use the phrase "proud to be an American". Even in this thread, many people are saying that they are thnakful to have been born in America. Are you thankful to have been born in America specifically, or are you thankful that you were born in a country where a good percentage of its citizens enjoy a decent standard of living and have a good level of civil rights and political and religious freedoms?

I live in Scotland and have only ever come across that sort of patriotic phrase when used by Americans. (I'm not saying it's bad, I just find it interesting. :) ) I'm thankful for my good standard of living but I daresay I would have been just as happy had I been born in France, or Australia, or Sweden.