cathgirl Posted July 20, 2004 Posted July 20, 2004 [quote name='ilovechrist' date='Jul 18 2004, 11:25 PM'] very true adam... its hard to have people who refuse to listen... especially when they've heard from a false source, or just THINK that they know what we believe. [/quote] That really bugs me b/c as much as I try to explain the truth to them, they don't believe me. They'd rather believe someone who isn't Catholic rather than someone who is.
*teen4Christ* Posted July 20, 2004 Posted July 20, 2004 Homeschooling is fun I love it!! I just feel kinda left out sometimes because all my friends go to school and they get to see each other everyday!!
lifeteenchick527 Posted July 20, 2004 Author Posted July 20, 2004 ya i go to a pricate school...but a lot of my close friends go to public school... so they all get to eachother too and i dont c him that often o well
RemnantRules Posted July 20, 2004 Posted July 20, 2004 i think it depends. For example it depends on your friends and your group that you hang out with. For me i was in band and i think band people are some of the most understanding people/group. Also for me only having really one close catholic friend so Band was awesome, but yes there was both Persucution and Joy.
lifeteenchick527 Posted July 21, 2004 Author Posted July 21, 2004 thats soo kool...the whole band thing!!!
Iacobus Posted July 21, 2004 Posted July 21, 2004 I dislike Homeschooling... but that is just me. I havn't been too impressed with the homeschoolers I know. Being the kid I am (I don't like teachers to be comfortable) I speak up a lot and can throw a lot at the teacher. Some (the good ones) can use this to teach. The newbies can't take it. I get a newbie (who happened to call Mama Mary a dirty woman last year). She is going to have a "fun" year with me. But my point is that I am outspoken and teachers and kids know that. So I don't get stuff from them. And moreover, being as introverted as I am as well as having a liberal splash of shyness, it isn't hard at all.
FutureSoror Posted July 21, 2004 Posted July 21, 2004 I was homeschooled from 4th to 8th grade, and I liked it then. I like going to school, but my experience isn't exactly normal, because the number of people I go to school with in my small, private, Catholic school isn't that much bigger than the number of people I was with when I homeschooled. I'm kind of like that, in a way. I can be really quiet around other people, but I speak up a lot in class, and It's really easy to get me talking about The Faith.
-I---Love Posted July 21, 2004 Posted July 21, 2004 I wouldn't trade public school for the world ...well maybe enough money to pay for college or something but anyways I think it's the same as Catholic school - it's not Catholic highschools are filled w/ saintly students...although I admit I was nvr at Catholic school point is I am practicing Catholic bla bla bla and it made me stronger at public school - aloysius can share you get much more opportunity to speak about the faith and stir up trouble :ph34r: and public school is def. worth it - plus most public schools have more money and opportunities - at least ours does despite what al may say against our school
Aloysius Posted July 21, 2004 Posted July 21, 2004 come on! Catholic Schools have more money and oppurtunities, you can't deny that! it's prooven in studies and everything. It's not dissing SV to state the fact that North Catholic or Central Catholic are better schools academically. That said, it's true kids in Catholic Schools don't tend to be better. Catholic Schools are great institutions, they need to be fixed up. At least there it's not illegal for them to teach morality and all that. For people who are strong in their faith, being in a public school isn't bad. But as for most "Catholics" in SV, they've learned all about contraception and safe sex and accepted it. For them, it was not good to be in public school. However, seeing the state of students in Catholic Schools, it wouldn't be much better there. They would have a better influence from the teachers that taught them religion or morality, but the bad influence from fellow students would be just as bad. There's something to be said for either system, but for my future kids i would try to find them a good school where they can get a Catholic Education, then after they are well formed in their faith they can set out to stir up trouble in society. as for me, i love stirring up trouble in public school
Aloysius Posted July 21, 2004 Posted July 21, 2004 actually, scratch that, i'm gonna homeschool my kids. they'll make friends with the other Athanasian kids so it'll all be good
kaidoh Posted July 21, 2004 Posted July 21, 2004 (edited) [quote name='RemnantRules' date='Jul 20 2004, 06:47 PM'] i think it depends. For example it depends on your friends and your group that you hang out with. [/quote] that is was i am tring to say and if u made pplz think that u act a type of way but if u dont care (I dont really care) what pplz think of u then its ezer but if u do care about what pplz think of you then its hard. Edited July 21, 2004 by kaidoh
RemnantRules Posted July 21, 2004 Posted July 21, 2004 very true. We must learn that there are people who are going to hate us, that's just part of life but remember that you must love them and God Loves us all.
lifeteenchick527 Posted July 21, 2004 Author Posted July 21, 2004 thanks every1...this thread grew without me knoein it..i thought everyone was done with it...but i guess not...yayyy!! well its still tied for yes and it depends, both have 7...but no is catchin up..no has 6...keep votin and c how it turns out!
MichaelFilo Posted July 21, 2004 Posted July 21, 2004 I voted it depends, for one real reason, it really does. Rapheal was so right in how he described the different types of people there. If you are a Catholic, and your faith is of no importance to you, I'm sure people will have no trouble liking you. Whenever you start bringing up your religion, you get jeered at and made fun of. Since I am going to join the priesthood (hopefully) I get made fun of alot, much like what the_rev said, child molester, rapist, sicko, and the likes. I'm outspoken towards protestants, just becaues it's good apologetics practice. The real problem is indeed, as Vera said, the agnostics/atheists/I-don't-cares/wicca/I'm-too-smart-for-religion types. This is especially true in a school setting with the IB program and the school is totally geared towards education and the intellectually advanced. My best friend is agnostic, and she's a bi, so generally I find myself amongst the crowd of people of I-don't-cares (As thats what most of her friends are, and thats what I was like when she met me). I'm very cool with them until I bring up God, it makes quite a few situations that are hard to be in, and she loves making fun of me for it, and my past faults (as if wanting to be good is somehow dettered by your past faults and sins). Anyways, it gets tough, but she's converting!! Slowly mind you. The intellectual groups who are above God question God at every turn and corner, and it's good for certain things like the 2nd law of thermodynamics to help prove there is a God! The atheists generally are gloomy people, and a message of peace and love is the last thing they'll take to heart, but I keep trying, because I figure that they never had the chance to see the love that is in Christ's Church. The wiccans, though not many(this applies to the paganists/satanists), are anti-God. They indeed are like the pagans of Roman Empire. Because they practice witchcraft and they can do their magic, that is more real to them then God who works in their every-day life. They aren't ever a porblem as far as me and picking on me, until I start talking religion. Anyways, thats my school in a nutshell. It seems Catholicism has no place there, although mainstream protestantism runs like wildfire . God bless, Michael Filo
lifeteenchick527 Posted July 22, 2004 Author Posted July 22, 2004 [quote name='MichaelFilo' date='Jul 21 2004, 10:57 AM'] but she's converting!! Slowly mind you. [/quote] wow that so awesome! guys iam so excited that even tho its hard and all, u guys r putting up a good fight!! i think thats so kool!
ilovechrist Posted July 22, 2004 Posted July 22, 2004 [quote name='Aloysius' date='Jul 21 2004, 01:25 AM'] actually, scratch that, i'm gonna homeschool my kids. they'll make friends with the other Athanasian kids so it'll all be good [/quote] exACTLY! homeschoolers ROCK!
jinx Posted July 24, 2004 Posted July 24, 2004 Um, well actually I dont go to a publis school. I go to a Dominican Catholic school. And it is really hard for me to live up to what is expected there. I cant imagine how hard it has to be in a public school. I mean for me, everyday is a struggle, because people have this "Catholic" image in their heads, and that is how they expect all "Catholic" people to act, especially the ones who actually [COLOR=purple] [i] like [/i] going to Mass. I mean some of my classmates, spit at me, because of the clothes I wear... and there is a uniform at my school... I think it is hard to be Catholic in this world, because so many people seem not to care any more... I think it is really cool, cause one of my new friends and I were talking, (he goes to a public school) and he was like my best friend isnt talkin to me nemore, cause I am to into Jesus . I was like that is so cool, for some one to lose their best friend to fall down to Jesus!! GOD ROCKS!!!
lifeteenchick527 Posted July 24, 2004 Author Posted July 24, 2004 ya...its even hard to be catholic at a catholic school because often the people are forced to go there
curtins Posted July 24, 2004 Posted July 24, 2004 (edited) I will never know considering im goin to Catholic high school but i voted it depends because I would think that it could sumtimes be hard Edited July 24, 2004 by curtins
lifeteenchick527 Posted July 25, 2004 Author Posted July 25, 2004 yepyep....thats wat ive come to understand...i guess it depends who u ask and where they live
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now