MichaelFilo Posted July 23, 2004 Posted July 23, 2004 White rappers, please look at rappers on this sight. Bubba Sparxx comes to mind.
Guest Posted July 23, 2004 Posted July 23, 2004 [quote name='Chris Zewe' date='Jul 22 2004, 09:32 PM'] <I>Specifically, what do you find so amusing about it? </I> The above post, for one... I can just taste the idiocy. [/quote] dudeeeee jesus love you i think your dumb but jesus slaps me and tells me im supposed to love you to so i guess i love you but quit haten kid its jus uncalled for mannnnn i tell ya wut
littleflower+JMJ Posted July 23, 2004 Posted July 23, 2004 [quote name='Chris Zewe' date='Jul 22 2004, 06:57 PM'] This website makes me laugh. Loudly. Dawgs. As do you all. G. [/quote] anything for Christ.
SoulMan_Mr_G Posted July 23, 2004 Posted July 23, 2004 [quote name='Chris Zewe' date='Jul 22 2004, 11:49 PM'] I tend to take the majority over one, no matter who that person is... And you've never named a white rapper. [/quote] White Rappers: John Reuben KJ-52 (Pronounced: K. J. - Five Two ) -------------------------------- -------------------------------- Side Note: -------------------------------- -------------------------------- We're peeps (& reps) in God's Universal Church & The "Universal" Church is definitely a Majority !!! (International & Historically been around for approx. 2000 years) Mad Love 2 U Chris; God Bless, Peace of Christ and WeLCoMe 2 tha PhoRUm !
SoulMan_Mr_G Posted July 23, 2004 Posted July 23, 2004 [quote name='littleflower' date='JMJ+Jul 23 2004, 02:54 AM'] anything for Christ. [/quote] Amen !
Apollo Posted July 23, 2004 Posted July 23, 2004 Famous White Rappers Throughout History: William "Skake-it-like-a-Polaroid-picture" Shakespeare Warren Beatty in [i]Bullworth[/i] Vanilla Ice...but I think we get negative points for this one Slim Shady Marshall Mathers Eminem THE BEASTIE BOYS! Edgar Allen "Gotz ta make a dime cuz I'm so" Poe The House of Pain Jesus Christ...OK...he wasn't a rapper. (jk) And finally... Dope Christian Rappers who exercise their gifts for the glory of God who just so happen to not be African American in descent: John Reuben KJ-52 Playdough Blake Knight The Listener Page One and many Phatmass artists including: manCHILD Father Pontifex Miko and the other members of Mayd by God Flip aka J the Primate Kiel aka Moses the Black Sammy Blaze Damien dUSt Fr. Stan Fortuna Sean P MC Just inDEED Righteous B and Myself (Apollo) What do you use to glorify Christ, Chris? Just curious. God Bless, Paul P.S. Just wanted to say God Bless, again.
Apollo Posted July 23, 2004 Posted July 23, 2004 I see that you are Wiccan...I would be interested in learning more about your faith. Share with us sometime. Peace, Apollo
Chris Zewe Posted July 23, 2004 Author Posted July 23, 2004 [i]Chris, what type of music do you listen to? It's kinda obvious that the only type of "rap" you've been exposed to is the stuff you hear on the radio and see on MTV. Maybe you can learn something while you're here. [/i] I listen to metal, some rock and various songs in other genres. I even like a hip hop song... [i]White rappers, please look at rappers on this sight. Bubba Sparxx comes to mind.[/i] Just my opinion, but this site has a horrible layout and I'd prefer to navigate it as little as possible.... [i]dudeeeee jesus love you i think your dumb but jesus slaps me and tells me im supposed to love you to so i guess i love you but quit haten kid its jus uncalled for mannnnn i tell ya wut [/i] Wow, you say that *I'm* dumb? Here, have a brief Pre-English I lesson: Dude* Jesus loves you I think you're dumb But Jesus slaps me and tells me that I'm supposed to love you too So I guess I love you But quit hating, kid It's just uncalled for. Man* I'll tell you what* *This line is beyond help. [i]White Rappers: John Reuben KJ-52 (Pronounced: K. J. - Five Two ) -------------------------------- -------------------------------- Side Note: -------------------------------- -------------------------------- We're peeps (& reps) in God's Universal Church & The "Universal" Church is definitely a Majority !!! (International & Historically been around for approx. 2000 years) Mad Love 2 U Chris; God Bless, Peace of Christ and WeLCoMe 2 tha PhoRUm [/i] You named two white rappers, and I'd be willing to bet that they're both Catholic rap (That's almost as funny to asy as Catholic death metal...). As for your side note...all of the "Universal Church" members over the past 2000 years has told me about rap? Odd...I think I'd remember at least one of them... [i]Famous White Rappers Throughout History: William "Skake-it-like-a-Polaroid-picture" Shakespeare Warren Beatty in Bullworth Vanilla Ice...but I think we get negative points for this one Slim Shady Marshall Mathers Eminem THE BEASTIE BOYS! Edgar Allen "Gotz ta make a dime cuz I'm so" Poe The House of Pain Jesus Christ...OK...he wasn't a rapper. (jk) And finally... Dope Christian Rappers who exercise their gifts for the glory of God who just so happen to not be African American in descent: John Reuben KJ-52 Playdough Blake Knight The Listener Page One and many Phatmass artists including: manCHILD Father Pontifex Miko and the other members of Mayd by God Flip aka J the Primate Kiel aka Moses the Black Sammy Blaze Damien dUSt Fr. Stan Fortuna Sean P MC Just inDEED Righteous B and Myself (Apollo) What do you use to glorify Christ, Chris? Just curious. God Bless, Paul P.S. Just wanted to say God Bless, again.[/i] Shakespeare wasn't a rapper. Neither was Poe. I [b]liked[/b] Vanilla Ice -.-. Dope is not an adjective. And (assuming that they were rappers who actually rhyme without making up suffixes (suffices?) or stuttering excessively to add syllables), I don't consider that ability to rhyme and talk relatively quickly to be a skill. A phatmass artist...rappers who don't have albums but rap and post here? HiLaRiOuS. [i]I see that you are Wiccan...I would be interested in learning more about your faith. Share with us sometime. Peace, Apollo [/i] I've tried sharing Wicca with a poster on these boards in the past. He's convinced that we're devil worshipping, animal sacrificing, blood drinking maniacs, out to bring about the apocalypse. Blessed be, Chris Ha...look at that...I added an odd religious thingie to the end of my post...
Apollo Posted July 23, 2004 Posted July 23, 2004 [quote]A phatmass artist...rappers who don't have albums but rap and post here? HiLaRiOuS.[/quote] You can purchase the Point 5 Covenant album [url="http://www.point5covenant.com"]here.[/url] You can purchase the Righteous B album [url="http://www.phatmass.com/store/righteousb.htm"]here.[/url] You can get info on MC Just's album release [url="http://www.mcjust.com"]here.[/url] (under construction) You can purchase one of several manCHILD albums [url="http://www.marsill.com"]here.[/url] You can get info on Father Pontifex's new album "Man of Fire" [url="http://www.frpontifex.com"]here.[/url] (under construction) and I could go on, but I think my point is made. [quote]I've tried sharing Wicca with a poster on these boards in the past. He's convinced that we're devil worshipping, animal sacrificing, blood drinking maniacs, out to bring about the apocalypse.[/quote] I won't jump to a conclusion. I have known many Wiccans in my life, and some of them were really pleasant individuals to be around. I will not stereotype you if you don't stereotype me. [quote]It's not racist, it's a stereotype.[/quote] Would you want me to treat all Wiccans in the same manner that you have treated some sects of people? Please practice courtesy in your reply so that I know whether or not you are interested in exchanging in meaningful dialogue. Peace, Apollo
flip Posted July 23, 2004 Posted July 23, 2004 Hey Chris... [quote]I've tried sharing Wicca with a poster on these boards in the past. He's convinced that we're devil worshipping, animal sacrificing, blood drinking maniacs, out to bring about the apocalypse. [/quote] So yeah, you think that people have misconseptions about your faith. Yeah, they probably do... and those people are uneducated and ignorant, right? but listen to this: you have misconceptions about the music genre of hip hop. Honestly, you have shown us all, that you have no idea what hip hop music or rap is. all you have is a steroetypical, uneducated, and ignorant opinion from what TV feeds you. You are a typical product of the media. And since you can't stand people having misconceptions and ignorant judgements on your faith and then turn around to do the same thing about hip hop music, this makes you one thing: a hypocrite. So, with all that out. I (and most of us here) would love to hear your detailed, well thought out, and comprehensive definition of your Wiccan faith. I'll even start a thread for you in the debate Forum... all that I ask for is charity. Listen to what we have to say (about hip hop and about the Universal Church) and we'll listen to what you have to say. however, no good can come out if you pre-judge us and make ignorant claims about topics that you have not learned or researched. Hoping for your elevated knowledge, Flip PS - (Here are some credentials on music, since you need them) I am an artist from the hip hop group Point 5 Covenant. I have recorded a total of 4 full length albums (2 hip hop, 2 hard rock) and one EP (an EP stands for "Extended Play" which would constitue a record that plays longer than a single, however still fits on one side of a record*). I have played over 50 live shows performing hip hop music, totaling to over 10,000 people who have seen me perform. I write all of my own lyrics, producing over 75 songs in total that I have composed and performed. I have a home studio and have recorded dozens of other hip hop artists. I also produce music, through the use of a record player (see below) and sampling various other genres of music. I am also an accomplished percussionist, specializing in Djembe, Bongos, and Dumbek in the genres of Afrikan tribe, Samba, and other Latin rythyms. I am also a Filipino American, if that adds anything... * a "record" is a large black circular plate of wax that plays music through the grooves that are carved in the plate of wax. A needle is guided through these grooves, producing soundwaves that are amplified through a speaker; i.e. a record player
Lil Red Posted July 23, 2004 Posted July 23, 2004 [quote name='flip' date='Jul 23 2004, 09:48 AM'] a "record" is a large black circular plate of wax that plays music through the grooves that are carved in the plate of wax. A needle is guided through these grooves, producing soundwaves that are amplified through a speaker; i.e. a record player [/quote] i'm sorry, but this is just hilarious!! :rotfl:
Chris Zewe Posted July 23, 2004 Author Posted July 23, 2004 [i]and I could go on, but I think my point is made.[/i] I got...served, I believe the word would be... [i]Would you want me to treat all Wiccans in the same manner that you have treated some sects of people? Please practice courtesy in your reply so that I know whether or not you are interested in exchanging in meaningful dialogue.[/i] ?? I treat people of all religions fairly at first. If they prove to me that they're idiots, however, I treat them as so untilt hey prove me wrong. You wanted me to be courteous...forgive the word idiot, but it's considerably better than some other words I could have thrown out, now isn't it? [i]So yeah, you think that people have misconseptions about your faith. Yeah, they probably do... and those people are uneducated and ignorant, right? but listen to this: you have misconceptions about the music genre of hip hop. Honestly, you have shown us all, that you have no idea what hip hop music or rap is. all you have is a steroetypical, uneducated, and ignorant opinion from what TV feeds you. You are a typical product of the media. And since you can't stand people having misconceptions and ignorant judgements on your faith and then turn around to do the same thing about hip hop music, this makes you one thing: a hypocrite.[/i] 1) Rap and hip hop are faiths? 2) You're comparing stealing second to robbing a mint. 3) I have no reason to buy (or even look into buying) rap, as I dislike it, so please tell me [b]why[/b] I would base my opinion of the genre on anything but the TV and radio? And as far as I can tell, the vast majority of rap/hip hop IS the trash on television. 4) When did I say that I can't stand it? After a bit of attempting to educate someone, if I see that they're just going to blindly call me a devil worshipper and tell me that all of my sources that prove them wrong are lies, I just let it go. No hope for the hopeless. 5) I had more...I forget them though >_<. [i]So, with all that out. I (and most of us here) would love to hear your detailed, well thought out, and comprehensive definition of your Wiccan faith. I'll even start a thread for you in the debate Forum...[/i] I'm sure that you wouldn't care to hear it, and I'm also quite sure that I wouldn't care for my beliefs to be attacked on all sides on a Catholic message board. And I've just came from the debate forum. Über-conservative members of ANY religion annoy me, and from what I saw while I was at the debate forum, that's pretty much the entire population. [i]all that I ask for is charity. Listen to what we have to say (about hip hop and about the Universal Church) and we'll listen to what you have to say. however, no good can come out if you pre-judge us and make ignorant claims about topics that you have not learned or researched.[/i] Three or four of you have told me to be charitable... To me, however, charity is giving to those who need it. Which I do. Might I ask what you consider charity? ...And what is this Universal Church? As for my "ignorant claims", I don't like rap and hip hop because the only skill they take is writing the rhymes (again, assuming that they do rhyme). I like music that takes lyrical and instrumental talent. And I know what a record is -.-.
Chris Zewe Posted July 23, 2004 Author Posted July 23, 2004 Sorry, the term is "[b]Ultra[/b]-conservative", I think.
dUSt Posted July 23, 2004 Posted July 23, 2004 [b]charity[/b] - The theological virtue defined as love directed first toward God but also toward oneself and one's neighbors as objects of God's love.
Chris Zewe Posted July 23, 2004 Author Posted July 23, 2004 An owner of this board responded directly to me. Is this an honor or something ?_?
dUSt Posted July 23, 2004 Posted July 23, 2004 And in my experience with Wiccans (I've had many dialogues with many Wiccans), most of them seem to be anti-establishment, anti-culture, anti-society type personalities. Most of them seem to have major issues with anyone in a position of authority. Theological differences aside, I haven't witnessed any positive "fruits" that have come as a result of the Wiccan belief system. I don't know why this is--but based on my experiences, this is what I have seen. Unfortunately, Chris, the approach you've decided to persue here at phatmass has done nothing to help dispell these preconceived notions I have about Wiccans. Why do you think this is? And yes, it is an honor to have me reply to you. Feel priveleged.
Apollo Posted July 23, 2004 Posted July 23, 2004 Dear Chris, [quote]I treat people of all religions fairly at first. If they prove to me that they're idiots, however, I treat them as so untilt hey prove me wrong. You wanted me to be courteous...forgive the word idiot, but it's considerably better than some other words I could have thrown out, now isn't it?[/quote] Sorry for the misunderstanding, but I was referring particularly to the stereotype you made here: [quote]What's so great about black people talking to a computerized beat with scantily clad girls in the background? [/quote] I sincerely wish that you do consider speaking with me about your faith, and explaining why it seems you hold such angst against the Catholic Church. I am only assuming you feel this way based upon your initial post in the Debate Table forum. Thank you for addressing my previous posts...we are starting to make progress. Peace, Apollo P.S. [quote]You wanted me to be courteous...forgive the word idiot, but it's considerably better than some other words I could have thrown out, now isn't it?[/quote] You are forgiven...and I appreciate your willingness to practice charity in your future posts.
Chris Zewe Posted July 23, 2004 Author Posted July 23, 2004 [i]Sorry for the misunderstanding, but I was referring particularly to the stereotype you made here:[/i] Oops... [i]I sincerely wish that you do consider speaking with me about your faith, and explaining why it seems you hold such angst against the Catholic Church. I am only assuming you feel this way based upon your initial post in the Debate Table forum.[/i] I'll consider it, but going by past experience it would probably be a waste of time for us both. Odds are that you'd walk away, end up thinking that you converted me or at least dealt a serious blow to my beliefs and I'd walk away thinking that I just wasted X amount of time. And I don't hold a grudge against the Catholic Church, I'm just saying that the people on the debate "phorum" are frightening me and saying things that contrast sharply with (non-Wiccan) beliefs that I've held for years.
Apollo Posted July 23, 2004 Posted July 23, 2004 Dear Chris, [quote]I'll consider it, but going by past experience it would probably be a waste of time for us both. Odds are that you'd walk away, end up thinking that you converted me or at least dealt a serious blow to my beliefs and I'd walk away thinking that I just wasted X amount of time.[/quote] Thank you for your consideration. I promise to hear you out and respectfully engage in menaingful conversation. I honestly believe we both have a lot to learn from one another. [quote]And I don't hold a grudge against the Catholic Church[/quote] Good to know. Peace, Apollo
flip Posted July 23, 2004 Posted July 23, 2004 look, dude. you got a big problem with pre-judging and ignorance. no, hip hop is not a faith, but im sure you undestand my comparison. and I do want to hear about your faith. If you want me to sit silently and jus listen. I can do that. I am totally cool with that. I am hear to gain knowledge, not tear down people and make irrational comments and judgements on something that I know nothing about. you want to send me an email, so we can be private? Fine. Flip@point5covenant.com When it comes to music, you obvousily have a set idea of what hip hop music is in your mind. I believe that it is a wrong idea, but unless you can accept the fact that you do not have the knowledge to make a viable judgement on the music, than I can not share my ideas and thoughts of the hip hop genre. If you think that rapping takes no talent, please feel free to attempt it. Right here, go ahead, write a little rhyme. Record it over a beat, for if it takes no talent, than you should be able to do it. I put my heart and soul into my writings... and work very hard at perfecting my art... and it is insulting when you say that it takes no talent...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now