shelly_freak Posted July 29, 2004 Posted July 29, 2004 I'm goin, YAY! I'm so excited! I went to Toronto and it was amazing, I know that this will be just as cool!
franciscanheart Posted July 29, 2004 Author Posted July 29, 2004 awesome!!!! maybe i will see you there!!!! haha probably not but MAYBE!!!!
franciscanheart Posted July 29, 2004 Author Posted July 29, 2004 haha wanna know somethin horrible.... im looking forward to WYD a lot because of the cool tshirts!!!!
littleflower+JMJ Posted July 29, 2004 Posted July 29, 2004 i want to go.....so bad too....but its not going to be possible.....unless a miracle happens
franciscanheart Posted July 29, 2004 Author Posted July 29, 2004 my thread isnt doin so well haha this is sad
RemnantRules Posted July 29, 2004 Posted July 29, 2004 i'm kinda in the same boat with Flowery, hey Flowery if you can't go either and i can't go then we should do something next summer!!!
franciscanheart Posted July 29, 2004 Author Posted July 29, 2004 arent yall doing fundraisers? are you signed up to go in case you do get the money??? ugh i hope im still going.... i have to come up with that stuff fast too.... my group is a little more strict and our trip is less fun.... maybe i can get 2000 together and convince angela to let me join SEAS or soemthing.... i can hope
RemnantRules Posted July 29, 2004 Posted July 29, 2004 Blessed Be God!!! yea we are but i'm only getting like 5 bucks out of each fundraiser now!
universal Posted July 29, 2004 Posted July 29, 2004 I hope to go to WYD next year!! I too have to get the money, it is veeery expensive going from New Zealand as we are several billion miles away from anywhere so going anywhere is expensive. But I will try my best, it's either the Lord's will or it isn't. There are higher priorities on my agenda also like going to live with the Capuchin Friars of the Renewal [url="http://www.franciscanfriars.com/"]http://www.franciscanfriars.com/[/url] and discern with them. So we will see. Pray for me! I will pray for you all!
RemnantRules Posted July 29, 2004 Posted July 29, 2004 i will, but are you sure it's the "Capuchin" or the "Community" Friars of the Renewal?
universal Posted July 29, 2004 Posted July 29, 2004 (edited) [quote name='RemnantRules' date='Jul 29 2004, 03:55 AM'] i will, but are you sure it's the "Capuchin" or the "Community" Friars of the Renewal? [/quote] Oh you're right!! Woops, hehe, I was reading their constitution and it says "THE COMMUNITY OF THE FRANCISCAN FRIARS OF THE RENEWAL" Thanks for pointing that out. I think my mistake arose from the fact that they were founded by Capuchins in 1987. Edited July 29, 2004 by universal
BLAZEr Posted July 29, 2004 Posted July 29, 2004 Origianally, the CFR's were called the Capuchin Franciscans of the Renewal . . . they originally wanted to remain within the major family of Franciscans as a 3rd Reform (the OFM's, the Capuchins, and now the Renewal) but there were disputes and the result was that they had to form this community outside of the Ecclesial structure of the Franciscan Order . . . So they became the Community of Franciscans of the Renewal . . . but they are still Capuchin as evidenced by their pointy hoods, shaved heads, and scraggly beards . . . Well, except for Fr. Glen . . . he's ugly enough without them!
ilovechrist Posted July 29, 2004 Posted July 29, 2004 i wanna go to WYD.... i might end up in Puerto Rico instead
franciscanheart Posted July 29, 2004 Author Posted July 29, 2004 [quote name='universal' date='Jul 29 2004, 05:05 AM'] Oh you're right!! Woops, hehe, I was reading their constitution and it says "THE COMMUNITY OF THE FRANCISCAN FRIARS OF THE RENEWAL" Thanks for pointing that out. I think my mistake arose from the fact that they were founded by Capuchins in 1987. [/quote] That's so awesome! I love the Fransiscans! I'll be praying for you!
franciscanheart Posted July 29, 2004 Author Posted July 29, 2004 [quote name='ilovechrist' date='Jul 29 2004, 10:08 AM'] i wanna go to WYD.... i might end up in Puerto Rico instead [/quote] what's in Puerto Rico?!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now