franciscanheart Posted July 29, 2004 Author Posted July 29, 2004 i wonder if he will mention this picture this year!
RemnantRules Posted July 29, 2004 Posted July 29, 2004 [quote]Oh you're right!! Woops, hehe, I was reading their constitution and it says "THE COMMUNITY OF THE FRANCISCAN FRIARS OF THE RENEWAL" Thanks for pointing that out.[/quote] It's ok, just checking.
catholicguy Posted July 30, 2004 Posted July 30, 2004 [quote name='BLAZEr' date='Jul 28 2004, 04:18 PM'] LOL . . . yes, anger is a sin too . . . it sins against charity as well. But of course, you're not angry. Why would you be angry? You're a traditional Catholic. Everyting is perfect for you. LOL. Yes, Don Bosco dressed as a clown. And he once stole a bag of stuff from a bunch of kids and made them chase him to get it back. Maybe you should read more biographies of him. Your (self) righteous indignation does not impress me much. I'm sure there was NEVER a person who received the Eucharsit unworthily in the Tridentine mass. Get a grip. [/quote] Not suprisingly, more sarcasm..
Azriel Posted July 30, 2004 Posted July 30, 2004 Chill out, both of you. Cut out the personal stuff. I'm not in the mood to edit posts. I have a cranky teething baby. Don't make me bring out the
franciscanheart Posted July 30, 2004 Author Posted July 30, 2004 Yeah let's stick to WYD and all its coolness!
Colleen Posted July 30, 2004 Posted July 30, 2004 So, has anyone been to a different World Youth Day, besides Toronto?
franciscanheart Posted July 30, 2004 Author Posted July 30, 2004 I wish I had been but I'm a youngin. I've heard lots and lots of stories though about Rome and Denver from Angela! I heard they were awesome, of course.
Colleen Posted July 30, 2004 Posted July 30, 2004 [quote name='hugheyforlife' date='Jul 29 2004, 11:47 PM'] I wish I had been but I'm a youngin. I've heard lots and lots of stories though about Rome and Denver from Angela! I heard they were awesome, of course. [/quote] My cousins' family and my grandparents went to Denver in 1993. They really had a great time. And I was really blessed to be able to be sponsored to go to Rome in 2000 for World Youth Day. That was probably the most incredible experience in my entire life.
shelly_freak Posted July 30, 2004 Posted July 30, 2004 i was a yr too young for rome, how was it colleen, besides amazingly cool
Colleen Posted July 30, 2004 Posted July 30, 2004 [quote name='shelly_freak' date='Jul 29 2004, 11:55 PM']i was a yr too young for rome, how was it colleen, besides amazingly cool[/quote] Oh, my gosh, it was like nothing else I've ever experienced before. It's hard for me to describe in words. I think the most moving thing was . . . well, that's a tough one, since there were so many things. But seeing the Pope up close and seeing 2.5 million other young people who felt the same way about their faith as I did was really inspiring and has affected me in so many ways. Seeing all those other kids gave me the courage to take Jesus' words (which the Holy Father repeats so often): "Be not afraid!" very seriously. World Youth Day is truly a gift from God, and so many good things have happened in result of them. I hope they continue forever. I'll scan and post some pictures, too, if y'all want to see them.
BLAZEr Posted July 30, 2004 Posted July 30, 2004 [quote name='Azriel' date='Jul 29 2004, 08:01 PM'] Chill out, both of you. Cut out the personal stuff. I'm not in the mood to edit posts. I have a cranky teething baby. Don't make me bring out the [/quote] Sorry Az . . . I get impatient with the "I don't Rep the Church" Catholics. Makes me long for the days of the Back Alley!
franciscanheart Posted July 30, 2004 Author Posted July 30, 2004 [quote name='Colleen' date='Jul 30 2004, 12:22 AM'] I'll scan and post some pictures, too, if y'all want to see them. [/quote] Please do!
franciscanheart Posted July 30, 2004 Author Posted July 30, 2004 this is the kind of enthusiasm i saw the whole time at world youth day and i miss it! you don't see this kind of joy everywhere!
littleflower+JMJ Posted July 31, 2004 Posted July 31, 2004 [quote name='hugheyforlife' date='Jul 30 2004, 12:43 PM'] this is the kind of enthusiasm i saw the whole time at world youth day and i miss it! you don't see this kind of joy everywhere! [/quote] THAT is such an awesome shirt!! JPII! :wub:
Colleen Posted July 31, 2004 Posted July 31, 2004 Okay, here are a few pictures from WYD 2000 in Rome. This is a picture of the Holy Door:
Colleen Posted July 31, 2004 Posted July 31, 2004 Here's a shot of the crowd going up to the Holy Door:
Colleen Posted July 31, 2004 Posted July 31, 2004 And this is my favorite picture ever. I took it myself.
franciscanheart Posted July 31, 2004 Author Posted July 31, 2004 THOSE ARE AWESOME PICTURES!!!! Thank you for sharing!!!! anyone else?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now