Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Recommended Posts

Posted

[quote name='hugheyforlife' date='Jul 29 2004, 11:00 AM'] You don't "believe" in watches?

What does that mean?
AND HOW DO YOU LIVE WITHOUT ONE?!
I seriously would go nuts. I have to know how much of my day I've already wasted and how little time I have left to correct that. [/quote]
I ask someone the time. It's a great way to make friends. such as in the grocery store :D "Could you tell me the time, sir?...6:00? Thank you. While we're talking, you think you could reach the peanut butter on the top shelf there? Thanks, you're a saint."

or, I look at my cell phone. I don't like my cell phone very much, but at least it keeps the time for me. Good ole Bob.

1337 k4th0l1x0r
Posted

[quote name='Lil Red' date='Jul 29 2004, 11:00 AM'] i usually wear 5 pieces of jewelry: my wedding ring, my engagement ring, my watch, a pair of earrings, and a necklace (usually my 4way medal or a cross). i think that's enough. i think lots of rings, earrings, bracelets, just look tacky. [/quote]
Isn't that 6? Unless you only wear one earring.

franciscanheart
Posted

[quote name='Paladin D' date='Jul 29 2004, 11:20 AM'] How about sleeveless shirts for guys? Would they be considered immodest for casual wear?

Are tight-shirts immodest as well (for guys)? [/quote]
Most sleeveless shirts for guys are tacky in my opinion. The cut just usually is not a very good one. And the sleeveless shirt thing I'm pretty sure was talking about someone from Russia. I dont think that here in the States that a sleeveless shirt is all that bad. Or bad at all really.


Tight shirts, in my opinion, are immodest for guys as well. Guys don't need to show off their figure either.




MODESTY IS NOT JUST FOR GIRLS!

1337 k4th0l1x0r
Posted

[quote name='Paladin D' date='Jul 29 2004, 11:20 AM'] Are tight-shirts immodest as well (for guys)? [/quote]
I had a professor in college who would wear really tight white dress shirts and no undershirt. It made the shirts look flesh colored. It was definitely immodest, as it drew attention to his body, granted it was bad attention.

franciscanheart
Posted

[quote name='1337 k4th0l1x0r' date='Jul 29 2004, 11:35 AM'] Isn't that 6? Unless you only wear one earring. [/quote]
smart butt!



earrings are considered one item of jewelry.
you dont buy them seperately do you?!

franciscanheart
Posted

[quote name='Madonna' date='Jul 29 2004, 11:32 AM'] I ask someone the time. It's a great way to make friends. such as in the grocery store :D "Could you tell me the time, sir?...6:00? Thank you. While we're talking, you think you could reach the peanut butter on the top shelf there? Thanks, you're a saint."

or, I look at my cell phone. I don't like my cell phone very much, but at least it keeps the time for me. Good ole Bob. [/quote]
cute!




btw I like the "youre a saint thing" im sure many people say it but i always say "youre a doll" im gunna use the saint one now though!

Posted

Keep this in mind: what we may find immodest here in the USA may not be considered immodest at all in other parts of the world. In my country, women walk around with sleeveless shirts and short shirts and men usually walk around with just a tank-top (all casual wear of course)...and if it's REALLY hot, I find nothing wrong with a guy not wearing a shirt. And if someone gets turned on by that...then that's their problem. Hey, for all you know, there are people out there that get equally as turned on by sweaters.

franciscanheart
Posted

[quote name='Cesar624' date='Jul 29 2004, 11:48 AM'] Keep this in mind: what we may find immodest here in the USA may not be considered immodest at all in other parts of the world. In my country, women walk around with sleeveless shirts and short shirts and men usually walk around with just a tank-top (all casual wear of course)...and if it's REALLY hot, I find nothing wrong with a guy not wearing a shirt. And if someone gets turned on by that...then that's their problem. Hey, for all you know, there are people out there that get equally as turned on by sweaters. [/quote]
It may be socially acceptable in other countries but I still think that not covering up is immodest, anywhere. I understand and do not think lowly of them because of the way they dress for whatever reason (practical reason) but I still would find it immodest. I think? I don't know, nevermind.

Posted

[quote name='1337 k4th0l1x0r' date='Jul 29 2004, 10:35 AM'] Isn't that 6? Unless you only wear one earring. [/quote]
well, i count the pair as one article of jewelry :P smart-aleck! :)

Posted

Cant believe this topic is still going!!!

Ok, back to the thongs. Nobody sees mine, and yes! they are for comfort. Regular undies drive my nuts...really. It's my funky figure. Dont need to go into it anymore than that. The only person who knows I wear them, besides me obviously, is my husband.


Oh, and the deciding factor for me to continue wearing them? I hate panty lines, I think theyre gross. I used to work with a girl that I could always tell HER what color her panties were and what, if any, the writing on them was. I once asked her why she was wearing her Saturday undies on a Thursday? Seriously. Plus the fact that they were a size too small and therefore, panty line papalooza!!! I think she thought it was sexy, cause she still does it!!!

As far as other clothing, Please people. You all sound like fashion police! he,he. You know what is appropriate and not.
I am a grown woman. I therefore am not gonna dress in an elastic tube top micro mini-dress to Mass, nor would I suggest it for anyone else.

True that there are so many people out there trying to dress 'cool' or 'hip' and fall far short of it. But next thing ya know, everyone will be deciding that heels over 1/8 inch high are inappropriate for your wedding.


I bought a pair of those silly shorts with the writing on them, not to be cool though. Seriously, they had the Tootsie Pop saying on them, "How many licks does it take" on the front with a screenprint of a Tootsie Pop lollipop on them. They have a pic of the owl on the backside (high up-not across the bum) with the words 'sweet' on it. If I wear my shirt out, then you dont see it at all.
I wear those for my husband too. He loves them. But then again, he's quite pervy. :sweat: Actually, I just love em cause theyre PINK!!!

Anyway,
Have common sense, that all Im asking.
Although there are countless faux paus out there, lets remember that we should set a good example, and people will notice.

Peace.

ilovechrist
Posted

[quote name='Cesar624' date='Jul 29 2004, 12:48 PM'] Hey, for all you know, there are people out there that get equally as turned on by sweaters. [/quote]
:huh:

:lol: whatever floats your boat

Posted

[quote name='ilovechrist' date='Jul 29 2004, 12:07 PM'] :huh:

:lol: whatever floats your boat [/quote]
It's straitjackets for me. Oh lala.



:rolleyes:

Guest JeffCR07
Posted

[quote]Hey, for all you know, there are people out there that get equally as turned on by sweaters. [/quote]

I'd be sketched out if a guy told me he got turned on by sweaters...

franciscanheart
Posted

[quote name='JeffCR07' date='Jul 29 2004, 12:16 PM']
I'd be sketched out if a guy told me he got turned on by sweaters... [/quote]
same hahaha :lol:

lifeteenchick527
Posted (edited)

i hate watches too...thats y my cell phone as a clock :P

Edited by lifeteenchick527
lifeteenchick527
Posted

[quote name='hugheyforlife' date='Jul 29 2004, 09:00 AM'] You don't "believe" in watches?

What does that mean?
AND HOW DO YOU LIVE WITHOUT ONE?!
I seriously would go nuts. I have to know how much of my day I've already wasted and how little time I have left to correct that. [/quote]
i hate watches too....thats y i have a cell ^dont mind that post

Posted

[quote name='Quietfire' date='Jul 29 2004, 01:06 PM'] The only person who knows I wear them, besides me obviously, is my husband. [/quote]
...and all of Phatmass. LOL!

I see nothing wrong with wearing thongs, as long as they're covered in public (so I'm on your side). Nor do I find it immodest to wear sexy clothing for your husband in a private place (such as in the house).


Question: Does this also apply to male thongs too?

Posted

[url="http://phorum.phatmass.com/index.php?showtopic=13894"]http://phorum.phatmass.com/index.php?showtopic=13894[/url]

Link to an article I posted on phatmass awhile back

Posted

wow. Bad visual. :mellow:

Can males, um...do that? :huh: And why would they want?

Posted

[quote name='Madonna' date='Jul 29 2004, 02:19 PM'] wow. Bad visual. :mellow:

Can males, um...do that? :huh: And why would they want? [/quote]
You obviously haven't been to the male underwear section. :lol:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...