Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Recommended Posts

franciscanheart
Posted

[quote name='ilovechrist' date='Jul 29 2004, 09:40 PM'] yeah both my brothers do stunts like that....

but its with Batman and Spiderman briefs. :lol: [/quote]
I feel like she was talking about herself.... hah

1337 k4th0l1x0r
Posted (edited)

Edited to keep the thread tasteful.

Edited by 1337 k4th0l1x0r
franciscanheart
Posted

[quote name='1337 k4th0l1x0r' date='Jul 29 2004, 11:22 PM'] One less complaint from you dentist. :D [/quote]
sick....


how about we not make comments like that

Posted

Amen to that Jason

Posted

haha anal floss... i heard its really comfortable though so watever

Ash Wednesday
Posted

No way. Anal floss. That's like, gotta be one of the funniest things I've heard in a long time...

:rotfl:

Posted

any girls wanna act as witness to the comfort?

Posted

I think it's in bad taste for women to talk about their underwear in front of men. Verbal modesty, we'll call it.

Posted (edited)

[quote name='1337 k4th0l1x0r' date='Jul 29 2004, 03:49 PM'] [quote]Strict, but fair.[/quote]
Amen, buddy, amen. [/quote]
Of course gentlemen, for real comfort, especially in the summer months, one must look to the fashions of the highland scots...

:secret:

:thumb:

Edited by mmmerf
1337 k4th0l1x0r
Posted

[quote name='mmmerf' date='Jul 30 2004, 09:08 AM'] Amen, buddy, amen. [/QUOTE]
Of course gentlemen, for real comfort, especially in the summer months, one must look to the fashions of the highland scots...

:secret:

:thumb: [/quote]
Oh goodness... :wacko:

Thomas Michael
Posted (edited)

My dos pesos...

Living here in Texas where the summers are hot & humid, I do take the climate into account. I understand most people are just trying to stay cool.

For guys, going shirtless indoors or wearing pants in a way that your underwear shows, that's immodest to me.

For girls, a bare midriff that's more than 2 inches or shorts/skirts that bare more than half the thigh or an inch below the navel is immodest. Sleeveless tops or dresses whose straps are less than 1/2 inch thick or expose more than 1/3 of the back are immodest to me. Tube tops or otherwise strapless tops are immodest without question.

It kinda bothers me that these women don't know what they're doing, but I do understand that for most of these girls, all they care about is that it's in style.

But it REALLY bothers me that many Catholic Churches around here don't care what people wear to Mass. All the time I'm seeing ratty low-slung jeans, tube tops, worn-out T-shirts with faded printing, CHEAP TACKY-LOOKING flip-flops and strapless dresses (including bridal gowns) at Masses. And the priests don't even bother to admonish their congregations about the dress code that God-fearing people are expected to live by - or at the very least, attend Mass in.

:irate:

Edited by Thomas Michael
Posted

I understand people's concern about flip flops. But I honestly cannot wear any other shoe without a lot of pain. I try to keep them in good shape and not wear them for everything. but I have almost square feet. I'm serious. I wear a 6.5 double wide. I have to special order my shoes. I look like a hobbit (without all the hair). Whenever I'm somewhere that doesn't require shoes, I don't wear them. I even go jogging barefoot.

My feet are going to save the world. :P

I know that this isn't the case with everyone. Just thought I'd plead mine.

Thomas Michael
Posted (edited)

By the way, just to clarify something... I don't mind the fancy, formal-looking flip-flops (like the kind you get at Nordstrom's or Macy's) showing up at Mass. That's why I emphasized the CHEAP, TACKY-LOOKING part. ;)

Edited by Thomas Michael
Posted

I believe it's immodest for guys to wear their jeans so baggy that it goes down below their butt almost, whats the point? All of my jeans move down very slightly, so you see only the rim-part of my underwear, is that immodest? My shirt covers it anyway. Even with a belt it still slides down just to the rim-part!

Plus, it also feels more comfortable with the jeans being very slightly lower than the underwear, I hate it when the button of the jeans presses against my stomach.

franciscanheart
Posted

For some people that "tacky dress" is all the have or can afford. We don't need to pick on people in those cases although I understand that it happens way to often to be the case in each situation. I do think that people need to be dressed nicely for Mass, they are there to serve God. When someone walks in with ratty jeans and "cheap tacky loking flip flops" you wonder what kind of priority God is in their life BUT you also want to pat them on the back for at least showing up. A lot of Catholics don't even do that!


I agree that priests need to say something to their congregation about dress if it becomes a real issue.

Ash Wednesday
Posted

[quote name='hugheyforlife' date='Jul 30 2004, 12:33 PM'] For some people that "tacky dress" is all the have or can afford.
[/quote]
I disagree. You can find a lot of perfectly nice clothing at your local Goodwill or St. Vincent de Paul store and the stuff looks great, and is modest and respectful.

Brand name Abercrombie and Fitch is tackier than second hand.

daugher-of-Mary
Posted

I was at Mass in Chicago one summer, and the priest in his homily did admonish his parishioners about dress (why is this so rare?). Anyway, his point was that you are only at Mass for one hour each week...yes, it's hot, but get over it! At Holy Mass you are in the very presence of Heaven, so dress accordingly! :D

ilovechrist
Posted

[quote name='Ash Wednesday' date='Jul 30 2004, 01:45 PM'] Brand name Abercrombie and Fitch is tackier than second hand. [/quote]
AMEN!

how bout...

Abreadcrumb and Fish?

:D

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...