Lil Red Posted July 29, 2004 Posted July 29, 2004 I'm such a nerd. I hate it when words are spelled wrong. It drives me crazy. No offense to anyone, because it's more a fact of me being a perfectionist, but your spelling habits drive me up a wall!!!!
zwergel88 Posted July 29, 2004 Posted July 29, 2004 i wish it had spell check too, i am a horrible speller
BeenaBobba Posted July 29, 2004 Posted July 29, 2004 Hi Lil Red, I know what you mean. I'm the same way. I'm a big time perfectionist. I freak out if I notice any typos in anything I post. LOL. God bless, Jen
ilovechrist Posted July 29, 2004 Posted July 29, 2004 i went to District for the spelling bee a few years back but i choose not to be perfect in my posts.. there's not much need to.
BeenaBobba Posted July 29, 2004 Posted July 29, 2004 Other people's posts don't bother me. My own do!
Sojourner Posted July 29, 2004 Posted July 29, 2004 [quote name='BeenaBobba' date='Jul 29 2004, 11:33 AM'] Other people's posts don't bother me. My own do! [/quote] I'm the same way. I notice everything, but I'm only really bothered if it's my own error.
picchick Posted July 29, 2004 Posted July 29, 2004 I iz sorri. ahem, sorry I am sorry. I am one of the main word hacker here. -_-
Lil Red Posted July 29, 2004 Author Posted July 29, 2004 it bugs me period. whether it's me, or someone else. but i guess you're right, i freak out more if it's my own posts that are screwed up.
BeenaBobba Posted July 29, 2004 Posted July 29, 2004 I do, admittedly, hate when people write like this: "hI tHHAt iZ sO KeWL!!111 IzNT tEh RiGHtinG keWl?" Oh, man! Horrible! :ph34r: God bless, Jen
theculturewarrior Posted July 29, 2004 Posted July 29, 2004 I don't mind bad writing so much. Even when it's my own. I used to be real persnickety about writing, but I live on the border and language is different down here. I've taken several classes (english minor) on everything from linguistics to teaching english, and I know that poor writing skills don't always translate to ignorance. With many of our phatmassers, it is simply because they are kids. I've proofread lots of papers for people with poor english skills and I know some very good writers who don't always know the right word or even how to spell it if they did.
p0lar_bear Posted July 29, 2004 Posted July 29, 2004 [quote name='theculturewarrior' date='Jul 29 2004, 03:39 PM'] persnickety [/quote] good word...
DancesforLove Posted July 29, 2004 Posted July 29, 2004 haha i agre lil peepl reeli cant spel in hear LOL sorry I had to do it but yes and I'm guilty of retarted typos, like cuties lol (if you don't know don't ask)
cmotherofpirl Posted July 29, 2004 Posted July 29, 2004 I have a hard time seeing the screen, so I have to keep editing my posts to correct all the spelling errors again and again AND again. Thats why I spread out my posts line by line so I can see them.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now