Vincent Vega Posted June 1, 2010 Posted June 1, 2010 (edited) [quote name='zunshynn' date='31 May 2010 - 11:19 PM' timestamp='1275362365' post='2121854'] Interesting... I didn't know we had any active SSPXers around atm [/quote] Edit: Wait what? Edited June 1, 2010 by USAirwaysIHS
Nihil Obstat Posted June 1, 2010 Posted June 1, 2010 Pretty sure we don't. This is a really old thread.
Vincent Vega Posted June 1, 2010 Posted June 1, 2010 That's what I said at first...but I think we/she already made that observation on the previous page.
zunshynn Posted June 1, 2010 Posted June 1, 2010 [quote name='USAirwaysIHS' date='31 May 2010 - 09:47 PM' timestamp='1275364072' post='2121870'] Edit: Wait what? [/quote] When the thread was first bumped no one had voted for the option that they go to an SSPX, etc mass, and now there is one. not like it really matters, it was just an observation.
aalpha1989 Posted June 1, 2010 Posted June 1, 2010 [quote name='zunshynn' date='01 June 2010 - 12:06 AM' timestamp='1275365198' post='2121882'] When the thread was first bumped no one had voted for the option that they go to an SSPX, etc mass, and now there is one. not like it really matters, it was just an observation. [/quote] I have an idea of who it might be. Jason you dog.
fides quarens intellectum Posted June 2, 2010 Posted June 2, 2010 [quote name='USAirwaysIHS' date='31 May 2010 - 08:08 PM' timestamp='1275354485' post='2121761'] Need an option for "the kind with african masks, wimminpriests, yoga, liturgical dance, clowns, rainbow sashes, and pez communion." [/quote] um, because then it wouldn't be a Mass?
Resurrexi Posted June 2, 2010 Posted June 2, 2010 [quote name='fides quarens intellectum' date='02 June 2010 - 03:03 PM' timestamp='1275508998' post='2122818'] um, because then it wouldn't be a Mass? [/quote] Technically speaking, even such a liturgy would be a Mass as long as both species were validly consecrated.
fides quarens intellectum Posted June 2, 2010 Posted June 2, 2010 (edited) [quote name='Resurrexi' date='02 June 2010 - 03:16 PM' timestamp='1275509790' post='2122823'] Technically speaking, even such a liturgy would be a Mass as long as both species were validly consecrated. [/quote] He mentioned Pez for communion. Edited June 2, 2010 by fides quarens intellectum
MissScripture Posted June 2, 2010 Posted June 2, 2010 [quote name='fides quarens intellectum' date='02 June 2010 - 04:17 PM' timestamp='1275509830' post='2122824'] He mentioned Pez for communion. [/quote] And women priests, so there couldn't be valid consecration of said pez...
fides quarens intellectum Posted June 2, 2010 Posted June 2, 2010 (edited) [quote name='MissScripture' date='02 June 2010 - 03:25 PM' timestamp='1275510359' post='2122827'] And women priests, so there couldn't be valid consecration of said pez... [/quote] Yep, thanks, I missed mentioning that too. Edited June 2, 2010 by fides quarens intellectum
Resurrexi Posted June 2, 2010 Posted June 2, 2010 [quote name='MissScripture' date='02 June 2010 - 03:25 PM' timestamp='1275510359' post='2122827'] And women priests, so there couldn't be valid consecration of said pez... [/quote] Obviously; however, some clown Masses have actual validly ordained priests as celebrants.
Vincent Vega Posted June 2, 2010 Posted June 2, 2010 [quote name='fides quarens intellectum' date='02 June 2010 - 04:17 PM' timestamp='1275509830' post='2122824'] He mentioned Pez for communion. [/quote] Whole wheat pez. It was implied. [quote name='MissScripture' date='02 June 2010 - 04:25 PM' timestamp='1275510359' post='2122827'] And women priests, so there couldn't be valid consecration of said pez... [/quote] Wimminpriests. [img]http://kissfendi.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/charged.jpg[/img] And bare shoulders, too.
Tridenteen Posted June 2, 2010 Posted June 2, 2010 JMJ I don't see an option for the Mass that involves young women in see through silk tunics, fowers in their loosely flowing hair, and the all necessary bells on the toes...so that when they dance down the aisle they "ring"...
goldenchild17 Posted June 3, 2010 Posted June 3, 2010 currently Novus Ordo in English, but have at some point attended regularly all of the above, except for the last two options.
dauntingknight Posted June 3, 2010 Posted June 3, 2010 It varies for me. Usaully it is a Latin Mass, Latin Novus Ordo Mass or if I have too noontime kumbye-yah drum Mass.
MithLuin Posted June 14, 2010 Posted June 14, 2010 Well today I went to Spanish mass. It's Novus Ordo, but two hours long. And in Spanish . There's [i]lots[/i] of little kids there! I can pray the Our Father without looking, but for all the other responses, I have to read along in the missal. I live in a community with a lot of immigrants, and everyone is very friendly, so I enjoy going from time to time. But my Spanish is very weak, so I don't attend regularly.
ardillacid Posted June 14, 2010 Posted June 14, 2010 Currently, I attend a mass where Jesus comes down and graces our parish with His Presence
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now