An Old School Catholic Message Board

Bush Is Not Pro-life...

AnomilE

Catholics, and all who are Pro-Life,

In the attatched emial that I sent out to all of my family, colleagues, and friends, I have built a strong case for why we as faithful Catholics should truly consider not voting for George W. Bush, as well as John F. Kerry.

Bush claims to stand on a Pro-Life platform, but does not back this well with action.

Please read the attached email file and comment if you wish, but for myself, there is more than enough reasonable doubt cast in the direction of this president to steer me clear on election day.

For those who are looking for a candidate very much in line with the moral teachings of the faith, please see more on Constitution Party candidate Michael Peroutka at www.constitutionparty.com

Peace to all

AnomilE

littleflower+JMJ

of course bush has some work to do...but there is no way i can let Kerry bring in same-sex marriage and abortion which Bush has been defending all this time.......

if i dont vote for bush, i will be helping Kerry win...who would only bring more disorder to our country......which i do not want to see happen.

pax.

PS. Bush is also has a abstainence program in our schools, instead of PPL rulling us all in the school system.... whcih i think is going to work wonders....no one dares mention that "A" word

Sorry,

But I ahve to disagree with you both.

On judgement day, I do not answer to any political party but to God.

We cannot cooperate with eveil at all...even if it is lesser.

Bush is not the ONLY choice- there are others, and we must be Catholic before anything else...I do not see how you can look at it any other way.

I mean these things in the greatest amount of charity...I'm just tired of voting for a "lesser of two evils" when our CHurch clearly teaches against this. THe ends never justify the means. Did either of you read the letter?

AnomilE

I understand competely and agree with much of what you've said.

Who would be worse in office, Bush or Kerry?

littleflower+JMJ

yup i read it and i still feel obligated to vote for Bush.....

i refuse to give any help to Kerry (which can happen if i vote for anyone else)

helping the pro-abortion candidate win? ....now [b] that [/b]i can never do

[url="http://www.ratzingerfanclub.com/blog/"]http://www.ratzingerfanclub.com/blog/[/url]

read that. bush will definitely help us out defeating the evil of Roe v Wade

cmotherofpirl

Prsident Bush is not perfwct but he is the best we have.
To vote for anybody else is to throw your vote away.

[quote name='Aloysius' date='Aug 4 2004, 03:42 PM'] [url="http://www.ratzingerfanclub.com/blog/"]http://www.ratzingerfanclub.com/blog/[/url]

read that. bush will definitely help us out defeating the evil of Roe v Wade [/quote]
How can Bush help defeat Roe V. Wade when He himself stated that he has no intention of overturning it and that it is not what our country needs. I cite that in my posted letter.

littleflower+JMJ

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' date='Aug 4 2004, 03:43 PM'] Prsident Bush is not perfwct but he is the best we have.
To vote for anybody else is to throw your vote away. [/quote]
exactly.

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' date='Aug 4 2004, 03:43 PM'] Prsident Bush is not perfwct but he is the best we have.
To vote for anybody else is to throw your vote away. [/quote]
I'm sorry but how is Bush the best we have?

I think you all are missing the point- you can never cooperate with evil and it is substantiated that Bush support Abortive measures. How can this be justified?

I think we all have to ask ourselves "How por-life am I?" If you are unabashedly and without question pro-life, then how can you support someone who is not the same?

I see no sense in this according to the constant teaching of our Church.

also: i live near Pittsburgh and recently had the chance to attend a rally for Bush. Every time they mentioned Spectore the whole crowd started booing, it was really cool :lol: EVEN when the President of the United States mentioned Arlen Spector, he got booed! anyway, spector spoke and because he got booed he ended up just trying to defend himself. the thing is: spector always supports our pro-life candidates for judges, and he has tremendous influence in the senate. because of this Pennsylvania has appointed many pro-life judges whereas most other states are unable to do so. Spector did come to the aid of Clarence Thomas as well. So, while it's fishy that Bush supported Spector over Toomey, and while i don't agree with it either, i can see his reasoning and it might just help the pro-life cause seeing as the 3rd circuit has pro-life judges on it.