dUSt Posted August 6, 2004 Posted August 6, 2004 See this and let me know what y'all think within the next 45 minutes or so.
BurkeFan Posted August 6, 2004 Posted August 6, 2004 In the current order of Mass, to my knowledge, we're supposed to stand when the priest says "Pray my brothers and sisters." It seems implied that we stand after that prayer, not during.
dUSt Posted August 6, 2004 Author Posted August 6, 2004 Oh, and in case y'all didn't know. This is a Novus Ordo mass in what? LATIN!? hahaha
Andrea348 Posted August 6, 2004 Posted August 6, 2004 [b][i]Invitation To Prayer Priest: Pray, my brothers and sisters, that our sacrifice may be acceptable to God, the almighty Father. All: May the Lord accept the sacrifice at your hands, for the praise and glory of his name, for our good and the good of all his Church. (STAND)[/i][/b] I don't know if this is a nationwide thing or what since I only attend Mass in two dioceses where I know that it has been changed, but we now stand [b]before[/b] saying the response, "May the Lord accept..." instead of after. Once again, I don't know if this has been changed everywhere, but just thought I'd mention it.
dUSt Posted August 6, 2004 Author Posted August 6, 2004 In every missal I've seen, it doesn't instruct us to stand until [i]after[/i]. Can someone find something official that says otherwise?
Thy Geekdom Come Posted August 6, 2004 Posted August 6, 2004 They are correct. We are supposed to be standing before the response. Otherwise, everything else is accurate. It might be cool if you had some more Latin for the responses, though. Like the "Non sum dignus..." and the "Laus Tibi, Christe"...
Thy Geekdom Come Posted August 6, 2004 Posted August 6, 2004 [quote name='dUSt' date='Aug 5 2004, 09:16 PM'] In every missal I've seen, it doesn't instruct us to stand until [i]after[/i]. Can someone find something official that says otherwise? [/quote] It was in the new GIRM implemented last Advent. I'll see if I can find it.
Thy Geekdom Come Posted August 6, 2004 Posted August 6, 2004 Well, I can't find the GIRM on www.usccb.org However, I did find at EWTN when they spoke of the change and said that bishops are implementing the change at different times. Maybe you should ask your chancery about this, dUSt, since it may be a timing thing specific to your diocese.
dUSt Posted August 6, 2004 Author Posted August 6, 2004 [quote name='Raphael' date='Aug 5 2004, 08:36 PM'] Well, I can't find the GIRM on www.usccb.org However, I did find at EWTN when they spoke of the change and said that bishops are implementing the change at different times. Maybe you should ask your chancery about this, dUSt, since it may be a timing thing specific to your diocese. [/quote] What's the link?
Thy Geekdom Come Posted August 6, 2004 Posted August 6, 2004 [quote name='dUSt' date='Aug 5 2004, 09:54 PM'] What's the link? [/quote] Sorry for my slow speed, dUSt... [url="http://ewtn.com/vexperts/showresult.asp?RecNum=295545&Forums=8&Experts=0&Days=3000&Author=&Keyword=May+the+Lord+accept&pgnu=1&groupnum=0"]Linkage for the Webmaster[/url]
dUSt Posted August 6, 2004 Author Posted August 6, 2004 Cool. Thanks. I changed it. Is there anything else anyone can find that might make it better?
Fides_et_Ratio Posted August 6, 2004 Posted August 6, 2004 Should you include the "Alleluia" before the Gospel reading? (as, that is "technically" when the congregation stands)
Thy Geekdom Come Posted August 6, 2004 Posted August 6, 2004 If you want me to find the Latin Mass Parts, I'd be happy to find them and translate anything if necessary.
Fides_et_Ratio Posted August 6, 2004 Posted August 6, 2004 And if you're putting in the words of the dismissal.. why not the greeting? (i.e. "In the name of the Father..." and to make the sign of the cross). And you could.. to be really technical and picky (though I'm not sure how in-depth you wanted this), after the first and second readings put "The Word of the Lord. And Thanks be to God." (Deo gratias!)
Fides_et_Ratio Posted August 6, 2004 Posted August 6, 2004 (edited) [quote name='Raphael' date='Aug 5 2004, 10:19 PM'] If you want me to find the Latin Mass Parts, I'd be happy to find them and translate anything if necessary. [/quote] [url="http://www.catholicliturgy.com"]http://www.catholicliturgy.com[/url] has the text of the Mass in Latin and the English translation next to it. It can be annoying to navigate.. so here's the link: [url="http://www.catholicliturgy.com/index.cfm/FuseAction/TextContents/Index/4/SubIndex/67/TextIndex/9"]http://www.catholicliturgy.com/index.cfm/F.../67/TextIndex/9[/url] Edited August 6, 2004 by Fides_et_Ratio
Pio Nono Posted August 6, 2004 Posted August 6, 2004 JMJ 8/5 - Dedication of St. Mary Major This is more of a personal thing, but if you're going to include a non-ICEL translation of the Gloria, why stop there? If you want to stick with ICEL, though, then I'd change the Gloria to the approved (U.S.) translation. Also, yeah, if you're going to have a sung entrance hymn, then sing the Alleluia as well - the Psalm, Alleluia, and Institution Narrative should be sung before any of the Mass parts (cf. [i]Sacred Music After Vatican II[/i], edited by Msgr. Richard Schuler).
dUSt Posted August 6, 2004 Author Posted August 6, 2004 Hmmm.... Looks like I'm going to have some revisions to make. What is the approved U.S. translation of the gloria?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now