Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

I Stood Up To Some Seniors Today....


Recommended Posts

Posted

By the way, my tongue literally has a hole in it from biting it so much. Because today some people were speaking against the Church in the libarary, and I SO ANGRY, my hands were shaking, and then I was clamping the book so hard my knuckles were white....(you don't EVER want to hear the things they said) and i was biting my tongue....(I knew thatr if i went over there at the moment i'd be too angry to talk calmly and i'd just lash out at them...the people making fun of the Church were seniors, i'm a freshman. But with a quick decision i stood up and told them calmly that i'd happily clear up a couple of misconceptions about the Church....one of them just sneered and pushed me to the floor, the other looked as though he was impresed and doubtfully asked me what I meant. The other one walked away, sneering, but the one who was interested stayed with me for a whille, and i'd explain a couple of things to him, and he was amazed ("That DOES make sense!"), but mostly he still looked doubtful, (I'm not a genius at explaining things....), So I just went to the RELIGION section of the school library, found a catechism of the catholic Church, and gave it to him, saying that he could flip through it if he liked. He sneered at me and pushed me away, but I later saw him pick it up and check it out....just thought that was interesting....

Now all my new friends (I've only been in high school for two weeks) think i'm a freak, that i'm completely weird, and the story has beentold around the school, and i'm getting cold and nasty looks form some people (not everyone, though) and even more brutal treatment from seniors (some catually purposefully pushed me down a pair of slippery stairs, and my books went scattering all over, i'm hurting all over....they sneered something like "retarded Papist" (never heard that word before... :huh: ) one of them had a shirt on that said Baptist Youth or something....that's not how Christians treat each other!). It's quite hard to stand up for your faith, i tell you that, and i don't feel like a did anything, and i just felt like posting this, i don't know why....had a horrible day.....

I just feel like a failure today (OK, that's enough, Vera, don't make this a gloom-and-doom feel-sorry-for-yourself thread.....)

Posted

God bless you for your courage.!!!!!!

It takes a lot of guts to stand up for God.

Do you think you should report people touching you, or would that make it worse?

What were they talking about?

Do you have any Catholic teachers?

Posted (edited)

Where you live? I'll buy a gun and blow them all away for you.

PS: Sorry, but I'm in a very angry mood.

Edited by Paladin D
Posted (edited)

God Bless you!!! And rejoice! You are recieving what followers of Jesus are suppose to recieve! They are ignorant, and thats normal for non-catholics. God is in you. Some people fear that, therefore they attack or make fun. You did a good job. They also sound immature.

Edited by Mc-Just†
Posted

VeraMaria,

I think you had an amesome day! You are tough, and I'm impressed. Yeah, people sneer and jeer, but just saying things can be laying a single brick for a future foundation of Faith. You did great!

And being able to get one to even listen for a minute is fantastic. You must be good! Get proud of what you accomplished, I'm positive God is, and rest assured, I'm very proud of you!

You go girl!

Posted

Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven.

(Matthew 5:11,12)

Rock on. Stay strong.

Where you live? I'll buy a gun and blow them all away for you.

That's not a good thing to say, especially today.

-Mark

Posted

You know, the Italian mob are Catholic... (but major hypocrits), why don't you call for their help?

You are part Italian...right? :lol:

Posted

God bless you for your courage.!!!!!!

It takes a lot of guts to stand up for God.

Do you think you should report people touching you, or would that make it worse?

What were they talking about?

Do you have any Catholic teachers?

No courage here, just anger..... :(:(

Reporting it would just make things worse, and half the school is already against me, so why make it worse?

They were saying the most nasty stuff about the Pope, priests, Mary, Jesus (and I mean DIRTY humor, BLACK humor), but targeting especially ("those crazy lunatics") Catholics.

I go to a public school, many of the students at my school are Jewish.....so some teachers are also.....but I don't think I have any Catholic teachers :( .

Posted

Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven.

(Matthew 5:11,12)

Rock on. Stay strong.

That's not a good thing to say, especially today.

-Mark

You're right, forgot it was 9/11. :ph34r:

Posted

Where you live?  I'll buy a gun and blow them all away for you.

PS: Sorry, but I'm in a very angry mood.

Thnaks, Paladin! I appreciate it, but it's not necessary!!

For most of you this probably sems like the teeniest tinyest High School problem you can imagine.....sorry i'm making a big deal out of this....i don't have anyone to talk to....my parents wouldn't be too sympathetic.... :(

Thy Geekdom Come
Posted

Wow...you have some real jerks in your school...

I've deal with apologetics for a few years now. I've heard people say that we worship the pope, that Mary was raped, that Jesus was homosexual, that the Eucharist was a "death-cookie", that there are three gods. I've had people call me a drunk (because I'm an Irish Catholic) and I've had people offer to burn my rosary.

It's very unfortunate that we are subjected to such hatred in this country. And why is it? Originally, I think it was that people didn't want someone telling them what they need to believe and how they need to act. So, they rebelled against the pope, found a few doctrines to pick at, and started their ways into heresy and schism.

However, I think most of the hatred now comes from the propaganda that has been boiling over for years out of the fundamentalist brew. Parents, teachers, ministers, politicians, and the media all teach the children of this world about how evil Catholics are.

It's an outrage.

Give the one that was interested this link:

Catholic Outlook

Posted

Thnaks, Paladin! I appreciate it, but it's not necessary!!

For most of you this probably sems like the teeniest tinyest High School problem you can imagine.....sorry i'm making a big deal out of this....i don't have anyone to talk to....my parents wouldn't be too sympathetic.... :(

On the contrary, it was my biggest problem last year at my high school. Even though I go to a Catholic High School, students there are (for the most part) intolerant towards most religions. When I got back from my very first retreat in the fall of 2002, I wanted to scream from the mountaintops that Jesus Christ is King forever! Well, I did the modern-day high school equivalent of that. It made me even less popular than I already was among the "top class" of the social scale. I started wishing they'd just make fun of the way I looked or the way I talked instead of what religion I followed. Recently I was asked if my cross necklace was my "bling-bling". They then asked what my scapular was and snickered when I told them it was for protection. I've been asked, "Why don't you sing us some church songs, Mark?" and "Hey Mark, if Jesus and John the Baptist got in a fight but Jesus didn't use His powers, who do you think would win?" and then, "If Jesus got in a fight with you, do you think you'd win?"

I go to Melbourne Central Catholic High School, where the most important word in that title is "High", and you are placed on the social heirarchy based on how full your backpack and how far your shorts extend below your knees (or for the girls, above your knees). People say they're Catholic because it's $2000 less for tuition that way.

-Mark

Posted

What pisses me off, is how Catholic Schools (from what I hear) are filled with arrogant idiots. Why doesn't the Church do something about this?

Posted

VeraMaria,

You are a living Saint. You give me courage. Thank you. I'm utterly speachless at your selflessness and humility, your heroism.

The Lord has done some great things through you. Be happy and rejoice. For sure your suffering will not be in vain.

God bless! :)

Posted

VeraMaria,

You are a living Saint.  You give me courage.  Thank you.  I'm utterly speachless at your selflessness and humility, your heroism.

The Lord has done some great things through you.  Be happy and rejoice.  For sure your suffering will not be in vain.

God bless!  :)

Hey Jake, I'm about to kill you!

No heroism here, and CERTAINLY NO LIVING SAINT!!! I can't even stand up for my faith properly, for Pete's sake!!

Posted

[

No courage here, just anger..... :(  :(

Anger sits in the corner and stews.

Courage stands and answers back.

It takesa GUTS and COURAGE to do what you did.

THe angels are doing high fives right now :D

IcePrincessKRS
Posted

Vera, I'm really proud of you.

I'm sorry you feel that you can't report this, those kids deserve to be punished for pushing you around like that. :(

You, and those people who were dissing our faith are in my prayers.

CatholicAndFanatical
Posted

Vera,

I wish there were alot more young adults like you around, whiling to fight for their faith. Hold your head high and be proud that you are taking heat for being a part of Christs Church.

I do think though that you need to fill the principle in on these actions ONLY because it could get alot worse. Kids can be so mean and cruel (as you found out) and I remember when I was in High School some of the kids their were set out to hurt poeple, they didnt care. Columbine and other such tragedies are mere examples of what could go on, so for your sake please inform the principal on whats going on, tell him you dont want anything done but you wanted to just inform him on the situation and to watch you closer and these people.

You would be suprised how many people probably look up to you for doing this, but are afraid to say something..You're setting a great example for others to follow. To those that are teasing, well, what comes around goes around, one day they are going to grow up and get a job somewhere and someone by the name of Biff is going to be there and take advantage of them in treat them like carp or treat them like they treated you.

you will be in my prayers.

JMJ,

Steve

Kilroy the Ninja
Posted (edited)

What pisses me off, is how Catholic Schools (from what I hear) are filled with arrogant idiots.  Why doesn't the Church do something about this?

Um.... WHATTTT?

What are you hearing? Arrogant how?

That's an awfully broad statement to make without first hand knowledge.

Sorry you're having a bad day, but don't take it out on the Catholic schools.

Kilroy The Wife of an Underpaid Catholic Schoolteacher :ph34r:

And VeraMarie - Keep standing up for your faith and remember that high school don't mean a thing. Hard to believe right now, but it is not the all-defining thing it seems!!! God Bless You!

Edited by Kilroy the Ninja
CatholicAndFanatical
Posted

Not all Catholic Schools are bad no, hopefully kilroy the one your wife is a teacher at is orthodox, but we have a School in the town that I work in that is very corrupt, they had a NON-Catholic Teacher come in as a substitue and she tried to tell the kids that the eucharist isnt really teh body and blood of Christ. That was about 4 years ago this happened, the corruption caught up with it, the school is closing down.

But as far as the school that vera is going to...youd think some of the teachers or faculty would see this going on and try to stop it..If its a predominantly Jewish School then maybe the teachers there are allowing it to go on.

But what Kilroy said in the end, High School is a mute time in life, when you graduate and look back on it it seems like all the little groups that were formed, things that were done and said are all worthless. Majority of the now popular girls in school will more than likely not succeed because they were spoiled, the popular guys will have beer bellys and bald spots by the time they are 25, and all the geeks and low people that were picked on will be sucessfull and have the high paying jobs and can have some type of satifaction knowing that all the suffering in the beginning was well worth the great reward in the end...well, at least thats how it worked for me and a few others at my school.

God Bless,

CatholicAndFanatical

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...