Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

I Stood Up To Some Seniors Today....


Recommended Posts

Posted

anyone that can stand up to people like that is my hero

i cant do it as well

Posted

Various thoughts for the freshman who loves Jesus and Mary....

I know a monk who had to street fight for the faith in public school.

Now he is street-fighting all over the world.

Are you parents lukewarm about the faith?

I pray God my daughters and sons love and defend the faith like you.

Do your parents even know what happened?

If my husband found out that'd gone on, he'd be down at that school pronto.

Our son got singled out at the Catholic school for being too traditional. Singled out by teachers, and the principal. It is OK to write para-liturgies, and do earth day, but not to receive on the tounge from the priest.

St. Maximillian Kolbe I think said the best way to deal w/ your enemy is to serve the Immaculata; praying for their conversion: then they become your best friend.

(The Miraculous Medal prayer: O Mary, conceived without sin...)

I am w/ norseman, you need protection:

"Arise, O Lord, let Thy enemies be scattered

Let those who hate Thee fly before Thy Holy Face."

That scripture (I have read) is the one most feared by the demons.

Well I'm goin' on, and am being vain: this thread is about YOU, beloved daughter of Jesus and Mary.

Please keep taking in how VERY proud of you, and what a GREAT example so many KNOW you are.

Do you know the St. Michael prayer? I can't think of anopther better suited for you right now.

Posted

you did a better job than i probably would have. if i had done anything, i would have started a fight with them, thus losing my scholarship to Catholic school and getting in much trouble.

Posted

Vera, that's a powerful, powerful thing you did. Take it from me, as a fellow high school student (I'm a senior, funnily enough) what you did was very courageous. I'm almost cryin at the moment, actually. God has powerfully blessed you with a gift of faith

Do you listen to Caedmons Call? If not, they wrote a really good song that I think you might get something out of. They're a Reformed Protestant (but we wont hold that against them :P ) Christian band.

"Warrior" by Caedmons Call

Refrain

The LORD is a warrior,

The LORD is mighty in battle,

The LORD is a warrior,

LORD of Hosts is He, x 2

verse 1

My Lord is a fortress

He is a sun and a shield

The LORD is a deliverer,

To those who put their trust in Him

Refrain x 2

Verse 2

He gives strength into His people

He guides His own with His right hand

The Angel of the LORD camps around the ones who fear Him

And delivers them.

Refrain x 2

You should be able to get that song of of KaZaa...if you want..

And I looked up your MSN address and added you, cuz you rock. Its always rad to meet other Catholic young people willing to stand up and be counted for their faith in Christ.

Be blessed richly in Christ,

Ryan

i_am_n0t_my_own@hotmail.com

Posted

Vera, that's a powerful, powerful thing you did. Take it from me, as a fellow high school student (I'm a senior, funnily enough) what you did was very courageous. I'm almost cryin at the moment, actually. God has powerfully blessed you with a gift of faith

  Do you listen to Caedmons Call? If not, they wrote a really good song that I think you might get something out of. They're a Reformed Protestant (but we wont hold that against them  :P ) Christian band.

"Warrior" by Caedmons Call

Refrain

The LORD is a warrior,

The LORD is mighty in battle,

The LORD is a warrior,

LORD of Hosts is He,                  x 2

verse 1

My Lord is a fortress

He is a sun and a shield

The LORD is a deliverer,

To those who put their trust in Him

Refrain x 2

Verse 2

He gives strength into His people

He guides His own with His right hand

The Angel of the LORD camps around the ones who fear Him

And delivers them.

Refrain x 2

You should be able to get that song of of KaZaa...if you want..

And I looked up your MSN address and added you, cuz you rock. Its always rad to meet other Catholic young people willing to stand up and be counted for their faith in Christ.

Be blessed richly in Christ,

Ryan 

i_am_n0t_my_own@hotmail.com

Thanks, ICTHUS!!!

I especially like

He gives strength into His people

He guides His own with His right hand

The Angel of the LORD camps around the ones who fear Him

And delivers them.

Posted

Hey Vera, I found the Scripture that someone quoted, in context. Its Ps. 68

Ps 68:1 KJV

1 Let God arise, let his enemies be scattered: let them also that hate him flee before him.

2 As smoke is driven away, so drive them away: as wax melteth before the fire, so let the wicked perish at the presence of God.

3 But let the righteous be glad; let them rejoice before God: yea, let them exceedingly rejoice.4 Sing unto God, sing praises to his name: extol him that rideth upon the heavens by his name JAH, and rejoice before him.

YEA! LET THE RIGHTEOUS EXCEEDINGLY REJOICE!!!!

He he he...I love old translations...

Be blessed in Christ!

Ryan

Posted

YEA! LET THE RIGHTEOUS EXCEEDINGLY REJOICE!!!!

He he he...I love old translations...

:P hehehe....who doesn't :D B) ?? Thanks, ICTHUS!!! :lol:

Posted

Vera, I wish I'd had even a little bit of the courage you have when I was in high school. When I was a freshman, I was delving into Wicca and doing all the Really Bad Things that people aren't supposed to do. Major props to you for standing up for the Faith in the face of so much persecution... I don't know that I could even do that now, I'm positive I couldn't have when I was a freshman.

As far as the protection thing goes, you definitely need some. I liked Donna's prayer about the Holy Face. Maybe you can carry an icon of the Holy Face on your person somewhere, in a purse maybe. When evil looks upon the Holy Face, it's looking at the face of the God who already conquered it once and for all on the Cross. It may not feel this way to you, but think of it this way. When we do something like you did, Jesus is there in us, and He's doing it. You may think evil was winning when they pushed you down the stairs, but in actuality, your acceptance of that "martyrdom" helped Jesus conquer that evil. When the demons that were influencing those kids looked down at you on those stairs, I have no doubt they were horrified, because instead of seeing your face there they saw the Holy Face. Evil is intolerably ignorant, because when it thinks it's winning by making us martyrs, it's actually only defeating itself more and more.

I'll be praying for the conversion of the people at your school, and also for your protection. Ask St. Michael to pray for you and to defend you. And don't forget about your Guardian Angel.

St. Michael the Archangel, defend her in battle. Guard her against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray; and do thou, O Prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God, cast into hell Satan and all the evil spirits who wander the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Posted

Vera, have you seen the St. Michael the Archangel screensaver on www.lifeteen.com? It's really cool, and I think would give you a lot of encouragement.

Posted

Prayer For Help Against Spiritual Enemies

Glorious Saint Michael, Prince of the heavenly hosts, who stands always ready to give assistance to the people of God; who fought with the dragon, the old serpent, and cast him out of heaven, and now valiantly defends the Church of God that the gates of hell may never prevail against her, I earnestly entreat you to assist me also, in the painful and dangerous conflict which I sustain against the same formidible foe. Be with me, O mighty Prince! that I may courageously fight and vanquish that proud spirit, whom you, by the Divine Power, gloriously overthrew, and whom our powerful King, Jesus Christ, has, in our nature, completely overcome; so having triumphed over the enemy of my salvation, I may with you and the holy angels, praise the clemency of God who, having refused mercy to the rebellious angels after their fall, has granted repentance and forgiveness to fallen man. Amen.

Litany of Saint Michael the Archangel

Lord, have mercy on us.

Christ, have mercy on us.

Lord, have mercy on us. Christ, hear us.

Christ, graciously hear us.

God the Father of Heaven,

Have mercy on us.

God the Son, Redeemer of the world,

Have mercy on us.

God the Holy Spirit,

Have mercy on us.

Holy Trinity, One God,

Have mercy on us.

Holy Mary, Queen of the Angels, pray for us.

St. Michael the Archangel, pray for us.

Most glorious attendant of the Triune Divinity,

*Pray for us is repeated after each invocation

Standing at the right of the Altar of Incense,

Ambassador of Paradise,

Glorious Prince of the heavenly armies,

Leader of the angelic hosts,

Warrior who thrust Satan into Hell,

Defender against the wickedness and snares of the devil,

Standard-bearer of God’s armies,

Defender of divine glory,

First defender of the Kingship of Christ,

Strength of God,

Invincible prince and warrior,

Angel of peace,

Guardian of the Christian Faith,

Guardian of the Legion of Saint Michael,

Champion of God’s people,

Champion of the Legion of Saint Michael,

Guardian angel of the Eucharist,

Defender of the Church,

Defender of the Legion of Saint Michael,

Protector of the Sovereign Pontiff,

Protector of the Legion of Saint Michael,

Angel of Catholic Action,

Powerful intercessor of Christians,

Bravest defender of those who hope in God,

Guardian of our souls and bodies,

Healer of the sick,

Help of those in their agony,

Consoler of the souls in Purgatory,

God’s messenger for the souls of the just,

Terror of the evil spirits,

Victorious in battle against evil,

Guardian and Patron of the Universal Church

Lamb of God, Who takes away the sins of the world,

Spare us, O Lord.

Lamb of God, Who takes away the sins of the world,

Graciously hear us, O Lord.

Lamb of God, Who takes away the sins of the world,

Have mercy on us.

Pray for us, O glorious Saint Michael,

That we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.

Let Us Pray

Sanctify us, we beseech Thee, O Lord, with Thy holy blessing, and grant us, by the intercession of St. Michael, that wisdom which teaches us to lay up treasures in Heaven by exchanging the goods of this world for those of eternity, Thou Who lives and reigns, world without end. Amen.

Relying, O Lord, upon the intercession of Thy blessed Archangel Michael, we humbly beg of Thee, that the Holy Eucharist in whose presence we kneel, may make our soul holy and pleasing to Thee. Through Christ Our Lord. R. Amen.

littleflower+JMJ
Posted

isn't St. Michael the Archangel Just SO cool!!!

B) :D

St. MIchael, protect us!

Posted

isn't St. Michael the Archangel Just SO cool!!!

B)  :D

St. MIchael, protect us!

What's interesting is...my middle name is Michael. :ph34r: (No joke)

cantstopdancin9
Posted

Hey Vera!

Since everyone else has pretty much over everything...all I gotta say is...

(please sing to "You Can Find Me in the Club")

Go Vera...it's yo birthday! Gon' read tha bible like its yo birthday....gon' take the eucharist like its yo birthday! And yo know we gonna pray tha rosary cause its yo birthday!

That is amesome girl! Don't worry if you didn't defend the church as good as you wanted to, that should make you want to learn more so the next oppertunity that comes along, you're ready to explain properly. The whole point is you TRIED and that is so kewl!!!!

Lotta love to ya! :D

littleflower+JMJ
Posted

dancing where have you BEEN!!

:(

Posted

dancing where have you BEEN!!

:(

Yeah, dancin'??? :blink:

Posted

Thanks to Donna, Dancin', Flowery, Good Friday and llrddvl@stpius. Your posts just cheer me up! :o;) B)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...