Paladin D Posted August 10, 2004 Posted August 10, 2004 I served as an Altar Server for about 3 years sometime in my "10-14" age years. Now I signed up again in my new parish to be an Altar Server (17 now). How about you?
mattosika Posted August 10, 2004 Posted August 10, 2004 I alter served from the time I was 10 till I was 19 and moved moved away for a year, I will still help out if they ask me to but i don't think i'll becone a "alter server" again
ilovechrist Posted August 11, 2004 Posted August 11, 2004 i started @ age 11. i'm now 16, and still going strong. it's a great thing to be an altar server.... quite an experience
Carnanc Posted August 11, 2004 Posted August 11, 2004 started a couple months ago at age 17, It is awesome.
ViolaPower3000 Posted August 11, 2004 Posted August 11, 2004 i took the class but i haven't done it yet, I hope to someday for my Dad, because he was once one.
*teen4Christ* Posted August 11, 2004 Posted August 11, 2004 im a girl so I cant!! but i guess its ok save the altar for the boys!!!
Fiat_Voluntas_Tua Posted August 11, 2004 Posted August 11, 2004 I server when needed...usually at daily Mass. I served at the Easter Vigil...WOW that was amazing...made me want to be a Priest. Ave Maria, Andy
reelguy227 Posted August 11, 2004 Posted August 11, 2004 i served from 9 to the time i was 13 i think ,it was pretty cool.
immaculata Posted August 11, 2004 Posted August 11, 2004 I served from 8th grade up until this year.. The more I got to thinking about the girl altar servers thing, the worse I felt. I asked them to remove me from the rotation this summer, but I guess I could still jump in if I was ever needed. (Had to be an 'emergency' server for the Bishop once! )
ilovechrist Posted August 11, 2004 Posted August 11, 2004 our parish Priest is not fond of girls serving... but he is allowing the 2 that we have to still serve if they wish. he'd prefer them to help set up the altar for Mass, or some other service like that, which may become a position they will do in the future... the whole girl on the altar argument is quite frustrating.
ilovechrist Posted August 12, 2004 Posted August 12, 2004 is there anything that Vatican says specifically about that issue?
FutureSoror Posted August 13, 2004 Posted August 13, 2004 If I was a boy I would be an alter server. There was always something inside that told me that alter serving was for guys, even before I heard anything about it.
jinx Posted August 13, 2004 Posted August 13, 2004 i used to serve, but the we got a new pastor, and i never got put back on the list... i never asked to be back on either though... i think that the girl thing is irksome too. I'm a girl, and i don't see a problem with it...
FutureSoror Posted August 13, 2004 Posted August 13, 2004 Well, besides that, I go to Latin Mass now, and only boys can be alterservers there anyway.
Angel Posted August 13, 2004 Posted August 13, 2004 I altar served from the age of 11-15 I think its a great experience!
Crusader_4 Posted August 13, 2004 Posted August 13, 2004 The vatican has said prett much that Boys should be given preference although there is nothing "wrong" with female altar servers it should not dissuade or prevent boys from serving as its a very useful way to allow boys to expereince the priesthood. He also i believe has given it to the direction of each Bishop. With that said i am lined up to be an altar server starting this fall. I still have to go to the classes but i am on the list!!! YAY
let_go_let_God Posted August 14, 2004 Posted August 14, 2004 I was an alter server from the age of 9-15. At one point I was serving every Sat. Evening mass for about 4 month because the usual servers wouldn't come. I stopped becuase they asked me to be a lector, which I was, but since had to stop because I'm leaving for college. I was asked to be a server for All Saints Day mass during Y2K (Youth 2000) for mass with the Bishop. Of course I said yes.
Paladin D Posted August 14, 2004 Author Posted August 14, 2004 [quote name='Crusader_4' date='Aug 13 2004, 01:50 PM'] With that said i am lined up to be an altar server starting this fall. I still have to go to the classes but i am on the list!!! YAY [/quote] Classes to learn how to altar serve or? I took a couple and that was it.
let_go_let_God Posted August 14, 2004 Posted August 14, 2004 I remember having to help teach serving classes.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now