Laudate_Dominum Posted August 11, 2004 Posted August 11, 2004 I've been drinking this stuff I make and its so good I thought I should share it with all you lovely phatmassers. 1. Fresh peppermint leaves 2. Boiling water (or at least really hot) 3. A tablespoon or two of honey 4. A generous shot of whiskey (Bushmills black label is the best, but any will do I suppose) That's it. I've got the exact amounts down to perfection so I know how to make it as good as is possible. Try it the way you like it though. God bless.
Ellenita Posted August 12, 2004 Posted August 12, 2004 Change your peppermint leaves to a squeeze of lemon and you've got the cure for a cold..... It's a 'hot toddy'! Brandy can also be substituted for whiskey if you're so inclined...
Lil Red Posted August 12, 2004 Posted August 12, 2004 yum!!! too bad i have youth group tonight to lead. no, i mean, i'm glad, but sheesh, that sounds good right now!
Laudate_Dominum Posted August 12, 2004 Author Posted August 12, 2004 [quote name='Ellenita' date='Aug 11 2004, 07:20 PM'] Change your peppermint leaves to a squeeze of lemon and you've got the cure for a cold..... It's a 'hot toddy'! Brandy can also be substituted for whiskey if you're so inclined... [/quote] This is my version of a hot toddy. I've had them the way you describe and I think I've improved it. I don't expect to convince everyone, and you have to try it to believe it.
homeschoolmom Posted August 12, 2004 Posted August 12, 2004 Oh man... a hot toddy sounds so good right now... why, oh why is this still a dry household!!!??? Off to make a cup of hot tea...
Ash Wednesday Posted August 12, 2004 Posted August 12, 2004 Nummers. You know what I really love if it's a hot drink -- those buttered rums during the holidays. Mmmmmmmmmm. Ah, the flip side to those of us feeling "old" around here... being over 21. :nanny:
Iacobus Posted August 12, 2004 Posted August 12, 2004 If only I was 21. And if only I was inclinced to drink at all.
PedroX Posted August 12, 2004 Posted August 12, 2004 Laudate, Change the hot water to ice, and the honey to sugar and you've got a mint julip! Walker Percy published his favorite recipe in "Lost in the Cosmos". Ah, good liquour and great southern catholic authors. I like a hot toddy in the winter right before bed. I usually use a cinnamon stick instead of mint leaves, and drink it quick so I go right to sleep. peace...
Kilroy the Ninja Posted August 12, 2004 Posted August 12, 2004 sounds like a good drink for the winter.... right now I'm partial to mojitos... yummy
Guest T-Bone Posted August 12, 2004 Posted August 12, 2004 Bah! The only thing to drink, when one can't get ahold of Glenfidditch, is "Irish Lemonade." Bushmills on the rocks, with a twist.
Sojourner Posted August 12, 2004 Posted August 12, 2004 I've been drinking iced peppermint tea a lot this summer, but I've not added any whiskey to it. I'll have to try that out. Yum.
cmotherofpirl Posted August 12, 2004 Posted August 12, 2004 [quote name='Laudate_Dominum' date='Aug 11 2004, 07:03 PM'] I've been drinking this stuff I make and its so good I thought I should share it with all you lovely phatmassers. 1. Fresh peppermint leaves 2. Boiling water (or at least really hot) 3. A tablespoon or two of honey 4. A generous shot of whiskey (Bushmills black label is the best, but any will do I suppose) That's it. I've got the exact amounts down to perfection so I know how to make it as good as is possible. Try it the way you like it though. God bless. [/quote] So what are the exact ingrefdients and would Southern Comfort work?
homeschoolmom Posted August 12, 2004 Posted August 12, 2004 [quote name='cmotherofpirl' date='Aug 12 2004, 07:43 AM'] So what are the exact ingrefdients and would Southern Comfort work? [/quote] How about Nyquil... would that work?
mmmerf Posted August 12, 2004 Posted August 12, 2004 Hmm. Myself, I'm partial to gin, tonic, ice, lime wedge, cricket whites and a rollicking round of croquet. Eh, what what?
franciscanheart Posted August 12, 2004 Posted August 12, 2004 if only i didnt care that i would be breaking the law if i were to drink!!!!
theculturewarrior Posted August 12, 2004 Posted August 12, 2004 You know what drink I like? It's called a "wild turkey." Take a lowball glass and fill it with ice. Add Wild Turkey.
Guest T-Bone Posted August 17, 2004 Posted August 17, 2004 My sister made a lovley concoction the other evening: Fill a highball glass with watermelon juice, add one or two shots of Tequila, squeeze a lime wedge, enjoy.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now