Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Recommended Posts

Brother Adam
Posted

After being married for a year, I have come to a realization. Men, as a general rule, have it tougher than our female counter-parts.

When I say this though, I say it with reserve, because this counts only for certian areas of our life. I work my [color=red]{edit= use your imagination}[/color]off for a living. That is my life. Work. Hard, exshausting, manual work. My life doesn't consist of visiting friends or family. I get up extremely early and don't get home until 14-18 hours later. We have little social contact outside our tough male co-workers. It's stressful, and it is [b]hard[/b]. And then on the weekends- more work to catch up on home matters, church on sunday, and then back to work on Monday morning.

That is not to say that in some aspects of life woman do not have it tougher. Often times many men only have 8 hour day jobs, and the woman works with children dawn until dusk. However, the physical labor is not as [b]hard[/b], and it [u]shouldn't [/u]be. (note - does not count for labor)

But the idea that woman [b]work[b] just as hard or as hard as men, just doesn't count when the woman does not have a full time, employed, job. For instance, if a man spends all day at work, and a woman spends all day doing laundry, she gets to sit down and watch TV, go shopping, sit on phatmass, or whatever while the washer is going.

my rant for the day.


Adam

Feel free to throw tomatos.

Posted

Your right. It should be like that. THE MORE YOU WORK THE BETTER PERSON YOU ARE.

However, that is all totally countered by your complaining.. bleh...

However, yes, men do work harder, and so it should be.

God bless,

Mikey

(Your reward is in heaven, and giving your family the most you can is also nice)

[i]Postscriptum[/i] Why work so much, nothing more a man can do for his family then spend time with it.

Brother Adam
Posted

I'm not complaining, I'm ranting. The ranting is towards woman who think we have it easier.

theculturewarrior
Posted

adam's curse.

lifeteenchick527
Posted

iam sry...but if u have 7 kids like my mom does...with four in wheelchairs...and being the oldest.. i think that it just depends on the circumstance

Brother Adam
Posted

Even then, the work is only comparable in a sense of a time commitment, perhaps an even greater time commitment. You are right, this is all based on circumstances. This rant would be more specifically towards those who do not have such commitments.

Ash Wednesday
Posted

My apologies in advance if this comes across as unkind.

A lot of women are forced to do very strenuous physical labor AND raise a family all on their own because the father wanted nothing to do with BEING a father and flew the coop. Don't believe it? I worked with them.

I won't even argue the motherhood part, because I'm not a mother. I'll leave that to someone else.

Men don't exclusively have it "tougher." Immigrants have it tougher. Migrant workers have it tougher. Lower to middle class have it tougher.

[img]http://www.jokesgallery.com/Pic/tr8384764gent.jpg[/img]

This photo was not a joke. This is a reality in a lot of places, not ours.
I am doubtful that men have it tougher in muslim countries where women have no rights whatsoever, are treated as objects and blamed for everything. A husband can burn his wife alive for the mere suspicion of adultery and suffer no repercussion for it in places like that.


[b]Get off the pity pot.[/b]

theculturewarrior
Posted

I don't know who has it tougher...but I know that [b]women always have the last word.[/b]

Run while you can Adam.

Brother Adam
Posted

Agh, but I said generally not exclusively, so your return rant does not hold water Ash Wednesday.

Brother Adam
Posted

And I"m not asking for pity or sampathy, I'm ranting.


Thank you, come again.

DancesforLove
Posted

*throwstomatos* I'm a teenager still and I can guarantee you we don't sit and wat tv and do laundry especially those taking care of the kiddos. Apparently you need more time with little ones to realize you have to change dirty diapers, feed them, chase them around, make sure they stay out of things, you don't get a chance to sit and watch TV, I know I babysitt and have alot of contact with children.

I would love to know what ballbusting hard manual labor you do each day?

Ash Wednesday
Posted

My basic point is, as easy as it is to fall into the trap of feeling sorry for yourself, you could get together with a lot of people out there (men and women) and put everyone's problems on the table -- and chances are you would gladly take your own problems home with you, as opposed to someone else's.

Brother Adam
Posted

Been there done that Dancesforlove. Helped raise and babysit three younger brothers and various cousins. A womans work raising children is not more physically demanding (unless it is a man that has a coushy office job)


Construction, still want to argue?

Brother Adam
Posted

[quote name='Ash Wednesday' date='Aug 13 2004, 07:22 PM'] My basic point is, as easy as it is to fall into the trap of feeling sorry for yourself, you could get together with a lot of people out there (men and women) and put everyone's problems on the table -- and chances are you would gladly take your own problems home with you, as opposed to someone else's. [/quote]
That's true, but the point to the thread is not for anyone to feel sorry for themselves. And that senario - "they probably have it tougher" is not always true.

DancesforLove
Posted

yes construction is tough but I'd take it over being stuck in the house chasing kiddos all day and cleaning up after being puked on and having to deal with poor little babies with Collic we can't stop crying. Construction isn't THAT bad and didn't you have some say in what job you chose?

Brother Adam
Posted

If you have kids so did you. You did not have to choose to have kids. Yes, I did have a choice too, I could have choose to be unemployed. This is not a rant about having to have a tough job. My point is that men who work physical, manual labor jobs, have it physically tougher than woman who do not have such responsibilities.

And if you would take construction over having children, find a construction job (if you dont' have children or aren't married yet) and work it for a month. Construction work is fulfilling in that you get to see the fruit of your labor. But it is still tougher and more physically strenous work than raising children. Yet, the people who I'm directing this thread at are those who have no children and work light work (service or industrial) jobs part time. You just don't have it tougher.

Ash Wednesday
Posted

[quote name='Brother Adam' date='Aug 13 2004, 06:17 PM'] Agh, but I said generally not exclusively, so your return rant does not hold water Ash Wednesday. [/quote]
I suppose if you want to twist things around because of usage of words, I think your original rant had the GENERAL point that, across the boards, men have it harder.

And I would say, that does not hold water. But if you want to rant for the sake of ranting, that's fine.

However, if your rant was directed towards women who think that THEY have it harder, you weren't very clear about that. It's just as well that wasn't intended to generate sympathy, because it sure didn't generate any from me.

lifeteenchick527
Posted

GO DANCESFORLOVE...LOL...U CAN DO THIS VERY WELL...DO U PRACTICE? LOL

Brother Adam
Posted

(This is what happens when I have no fundamentalists or athiests to debate - I start riots among the phatmass woman)

homeschoolmom
Posted

Gee, Adam... I was all ready to fight on your side... then you got mean and arrogant.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...