Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Will You Own Fire Arm Or A Melee Weapon?


Will you own a Firmarm or Melee Weapon?  

55 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

Posted

Well if Indonesia gets 'angry' it will be Indonesia not Australia :huh:

Kilroy the Ninja
Posted

I'd rather be surrounded by Christians and be un-armed than be surrounded by 175 million muslims and be un-armed. Good luck in your do-jo.

Noel's angel
Posted

I own some weapons, but i dont carry them around with me, if someone tried to burgle my house though, i wouldnt hesitate in using them, cause no one wakes me up and gets away with it........

Posted

I support the right to own and carry a weapon, but I don't have one for two reasons

1. Money....guns are not cheap
2. I don't have the time to practice shooting (or the money to belong to a shooting range...). If you aren't going to train to use the weapon, you will never think about it in an emergency.

theculturewarrior
Posted

I don't own a gun. Maybe if I had a family to protect I'd feel differently. Maybe I wouldn't. :)

Posted

One more question, if you store the gun in a safe out of reach of children (like you should) and store the ammo in a different room again safe from children and someone breaks into your house, you plan on running all over the house getting the gun than getting the bullets than loading the gun before the person bent on killing you in your mind finds or notices you?

Posted (edited)

[quote name='T-Bone' date='Aug 17 2004, 12:31 AM'] This is the same supreme court that determined that a fetus is NOT a person, right? [/quote]
Yes the same court and the only court that can end abortion. They have the supmere power from the US Consutituion.

And they didn't define a fetus as not a person. They said that prohibting abortion was an infringment on privacy rights and was a threat to the life of the woman. The USSC never said that a fetus is not a person.

The USSC court is the protecter of the people from an overzealous goverement. If you are willing to discount all the rulings the court ever made because of [i]Roe v Wade[/i] you are living in a funny world. [i]Brown v Board[/i], [i]Mayberry v Madison[/i], [i]Worchester v Goergia[/i], [i]Ex Parte Milligan[/i] and juding by your comments [i]Bush v Gore[/i] are all void and of no effect in your living. Please explain to me how you can do that.

Edited by Iacobus
AndreaMercer
Posted

SO, I voted NO! Not because I don't think people should have the *option* but because I would never want one in my own home. My husband and I live off a dirt road in a place that not many people know about (hidden in the big city! muahaha), but if someone were to find me alone out there I would be so scared! We thought about getting a gun when we first moved there for protection and to pick off the racoons who attack our trash (jk), but then we had a baby. I will never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever have a gun in the house with my child. Not EVER. Yes, you can lock them up and throw away the key. Yes, you can put the gun and ammo in different places. But, children can do amazing things and I will not take the risk to put her in danger.

Just recently here in Houston, a 5 year old girl was shot in the chest by her step-father who thought she was an intruder in the midst of his sleep. How scary is that? Why would I take the risk?

Interesting topic!

Andrea

White Knight
Posted

[quote name='Noel's angel' date='Aug 17 2004, 10:04 AM'] I own some weapons, but i dont carry them around with me, if someone tried to burgle my house though, i wouldnt hesitate in using them, cause no one wakes me up and gets away with it........ [/quote]
LOL, I strongly agree with part of that statement, "No one wakes me up and gets away with it." funny, yet so true, for alot of people.

White Knight
Posted

[quote name='AndreaMercer' date='Aug 17 2004, 11:49 AM'] SO, I voted NO! Not because I don't think people should have the *option* but because I would never want one in my own home. My husband and I live off a dirt road in a place that not many people know about (hidden in the big city! muahaha), but if someone were to find me alone out there I would be so scared! We thought about getting a gun when we first moved there for protection and to pick off the racoons who attack our trash (jk), but then we had a baby. I will never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever have a gun in the house with my child. Not EVER. Yes, you can lock them up and throw away the key. Yes, you can put the gun and ammo in different places. But, children can do amazing things and I will not take the risk to put her in danger.

Just recently here in Houston, a 5 year old girl was shot in the chest by her step-father who thought she was an intruder in the midst of his sleep. How scary is that? Why would I take the risk?

Interesting topic!

Andrea [/quote]
Thats why, at the earliest age possible teach them about weapons, what you sould and sould not do.

Kilroy the Ninja
Posted

[quote name='White Knight' date='Aug 17 2004, 01:11 PM'] Thats why, at the earliest age possible teach them about weapons, what you sould and sould not do. [/quote]
I absolutely agree! My father was a gun-smith and we were raised to completely respect weapons - of all sorts. If a child sees a weapon as a novelty, they are more likely to "play" with it, or show it off. I think it's a fine choice if one chooses not to have weapons, and specifically guns, in their home. But they must still teach their children to respect guns and to never, ever play with them anywhere.

White Knight
Posted

Thanks Ninja.

God Bless You, Brother. :) :cool:

Posted (edited)

"A well regulated Militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."


"The right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." This is quite clearly and directly stated, folks - [b]THE PEOPLE[/b] (not just in a militia), have a right to bear arms. The first phrase, "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State", is blatently misinterpreted by liberals, such as our friend Mr. Iacobus, to muddy this up. The reason for this phrase is equally clear and obvious to the unbiased reader. It is referring to a citizen's militia (like the minutemen) who are ready to rise up in arms to fight a tyrannical government who threatens the security of "a free State," (such as the British Government during the Revolutionary War). According to our Founding Fathers, an armed citizenry is necessary for the secfurity of freedom.

Besides, if the right of the people to keep and bear arms is only for those in an official militia or army, this right would be a completely meaningless and redundant one - It would be like saying "soldiers have a right to bear arms" (lest we charge into war without weapons!) What would then be the point of making this a constitutional right??

On another point, I might add the U.S. Supreme Court, with its activist judges has done more damage to the government of this nation with its blatant disregard for Constitutional law than anything else!

Edited by Socrates
Posted

Up here in Canada Guns aren't a HUGE problem, there are incidents however. The only reason i have a few guns is for hunting and only HUNTING. Kinda nice I guess when you're being attacked by a 1000 lbs Grizzly Bear, or something. Laws are however getting alot stricter with the whole ordeal. A quick story when I was younger me and my buddies would play tag with pellet guns, man was that stupid, and I wonder why i'm not hte sharpest knife in the droor

Posted

[quote name='White Knight' date='Aug 17 2004, 01:11 PM'] Thats why, at the earliest age possible teach them about weapons, what you sould and sould not do. [/quote]
Yes but taht doesn't stop mistaken identites. If that girl knew how to shot she wouldn't have been killed? Guns are just too dangours for me to comfortable have near me. I don't think I even like play guns.

geetarplayer
Posted

[quote name='White Knight' date='Aug 17 2004, 12:56 AM'] Without guns or weapons what stops the Government from turning its back on its own consistution and turning on the American people? We need weapons to keep this country safe. [/quote]
Might I venture to suggest that the right to bear arms was passed in a time when our government was very unstable and shakey, and the possibility of the government oppressing its people was much more likely than it is now.

That being said, in what ways will the government, as you say, turn its back on its own constistution and turn on the American people in such a way that it will create a dire need for us to storm Washington with shotguns and pistols?

-Mark

Posted

[quote name='geetarplayer' date='Aug 17 2004, 09:47 PM'] That being said, in what ways will the government, as you say, turn its back on its own constistution and turn on the American people in such a way that it will create a dire need for us to storm Washington with shotguns and pistols? [/quote]
I am not sure you would win that fight with small arms. A thing called Air Power might slow you down.

BTW, we are a Republic. To shape our goverment we vote. Rember when the Consutition was written teh world was power hungry, not to say that is it not now. But today people step down to oppoents, mostly. This was started in 1800 when the Federalists left the Oval Office to Jefferson. Before that there had never been a peaceful, orderly, bloodless, transfer of power from one party to an other.

White Knight
Posted

It wouldn't right off the bat, it would create the [b]"Possiblitly"[/b] of it.


The Second Admendment "The Right to Bear Arms" is still applied today, because it has a new meaning, to defend ones self from harmful foes. They including this admendment in because of the living habits, Wild, Bears, Wolves, deer etc. while thats a lower strandard of today, it still applies.

But the Second Admendment applies to today, because of the Animal attack, and Human attacks. without guns, if you live out in the country a Wolve can just attack ya, and you'd have no way of defending yourself. Without guns and if you live in the city, if someone broke into your house, how are you going to defend yourself, if you dont have a gun and they do?


If the Government betrayed its own Consistution, took the guns away from the American people, How would the American people fight back? if this happened the American Rebellion would live shortly before the Government took themout with their own guns.

Posted

[quote name='MorphRC' date='Aug 17 2004, 12:45 AM'] Hitler said that too. -_-

Oh and Stalin. -_-

Oh and Pol Pot -_- [/quote]
Ummmmmmm no Robert A. Heinlein said it.

BTW I just love that scene I think in Raiders of the Lost Arc when the Kung fu guy does all his thing to prepare for booty whuppin....... then the guy just shoots him.

White Knight
Posted

That is pretty funny lol.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...