Noel's angel Posted August 21, 2004 Posted August 21, 2004 Of course we are all going to end up owning a melle weapon, im going to own a chair and a table and pens and pencils.... so no one here can actually say no unless theyre never going to own one of those
White Knight Posted August 23, 2004 Author Posted August 23, 2004 Weapon Control is only used for a Government that is scared of losing power. We have the Second Admendment so we wont be opressed by any enemy or even our own Government. All weapons are needed, but you sould have proper training with whatever weapon you have. Believe me, if the Government controls the peoples Guns, they can go all the way to the point of telling us what we can and can't eat, if Government controls weapons/takes them away from its own people, then they have us in their grip. Only time A Government would do that is if they were planning something against the people.
White Knight Posted August 24, 2004 Author Posted August 24, 2004 (edited) [quote]Gun doesnt require you to face to face with your enemy, at all. A Sword does. Of course people will misuse it, but still guns are a cowardly weapon imo.[/quote] Morph, Dude, you just insulted 600 years worth of Warriors & Soldiers, You just insulted the entire WWI, WWII, Korean, Vietnam, GWI & GWII Veterans Generation...... Why? Guns are not cowardly weapons, they can be used[b]"as"[/b] cowardly weapons, but generally there not, a Sword can be used wrongly as well and in a cowardly sense too. To Kill an un armed person is considered dishonorable and cowardly, and Paladin made a correct statement earlier on this thread, [b]"The Honor is not in the Weapon, but its in the Man."[/b] Edited August 24, 2004 by White Knight
White Knight Posted August 24, 2004 Author Posted August 24, 2004 Very close on the Yes option lol 13-11 so far.
Paladin D Posted August 24, 2004 Posted August 24, 2004 [quote name='MorphRC' date='Aug 21 2004, 03:11 AM'] Gun doesnt require you to face to face with your enemy, at all. A Sword does. Of course people will misuse it, but still guns are a cowardly weapon imo. [/quote] Tell that to the thousands who've died in the invasion of Normandy.
MorphRC Posted August 24, 2004 Posted August 24, 2004 [quote name='White Knight' date='Aug 24 2004, 11:58 AM'] Morph, Dude, you just insulted 600 years worth of Warriors & Soldiers, You just insulted the entire WWI, WWII, Korean, Vietnam, GWI & GWII Veterans Generation...... Why? Guns are not cowardly weapons, they can be used[b]"as"[/b] cowardly weapons, but generally there not, a Sword can be used wrongly as well and in a cowardly sense too. To Kill an un armed person is considered dishonorable and cowardly, and Paladin made a correct statement earlier on this thread, [b]"The Honor is not in the Weapon, but its in the Man."[/b] [/quote] Ok I better clear something up. Its obvious in todays world, and the last 100-200 years. Guns had to be used, and were a better form of weapon for ending a battle, I recognize their place, but it doesnt make me respect the gun anymore. Im an aussie, so Im hardly gonna be against the Anzacs and WWI, but I find swords less cowardly IN THE SENSE that you need to be near your enemy for an attack, instead of 200-300 yards away. *And the Second paragraph stuff i agree with*
MorphRC Posted August 24, 2004 Posted August 24, 2004 [quote name='Paladin D' date='Aug 24 2004, 02:04 PM'] Tell that to the thousands who've died in the invasion of Normandy. [/quote] oy. read post above ^
White Knight Posted August 24, 2004 Author Posted August 24, 2004 [quote name='MorphRC' date='Aug 23 2004, 10:41 PM'] Ok I better clear something up. Its obvious in todays world, and the last 100-200 years. Guns had to be used, and were a better form of weapon for ending a battle, I recognize their place, but it doesnt make me respect the gun anymore. Im an aussie, so Im hardly gonna be against the Anzacs and WWI, but I find swords less cowardly IN THE SENSE that you need to be near your enemy for an attack, instead of 200-300 yards away. *And the Second paragraph stuff i agree with* [/quote] lol your a strange man Morph lol, but cool....
jasJis Posted August 24, 2004 Posted August 24, 2004 (edited) I think that all persons who sincerely believe that gun ownership by private individuals in the USA should be outlawed, mus post a large sign in their front yard: [quote] [b] [color=red]"Warning! This household is a gun free zone! No guns are owned by residents. Deadly force for self-defence is prohibited."[/color] [/b][/quote] Edited August 24, 2004 by jasJis
MorphRC Posted August 24, 2004 Posted August 24, 2004 [quote name='White Knight' date='Aug 24 2004, 06:07 PM'] lol your a strange man Morph lol, but cool.... [/quote] I should have explained that 3-4 pages ago. But im lazish..so Bug OFF!
White Knight Posted August 24, 2004 Author Posted August 24, 2004 [quote name='jasJis' date='Aug 24 2004, 08:26 AM'] I think that all persons who sincerely believe that gun ownership by private individuals in the USA should be outlawed, mus post a large sign in their front yard: [/quote] LOL, then theives, murderers, rapists, can just dromp all over ya property, and thats not right.
White Knight Posted August 25, 2004 Author Posted August 25, 2004 I think this thread has finally seen the last of its days lol.
geetarplayer Posted August 25, 2004 Posted August 25, 2004 [quote name='White Knight' date='Aug 23 2004, 01:21 AM'] Believe me, if the Government controls the peoples Guns, they can go all the way to the point of telling us what we can and can't eat, if Government controls weapons/takes them away from its own people, then they have us in their grip. Only time A Government would do that is if they were planning something against the people. [/quote] Goodness gracious... That comment sticks out to me as a paranoid and backward way of thinking. Do you really think that the Second Amendment is the one thing that has been keeping our government from oppressing its people for the past couple centuries? I think the only reason that armed Americans would collectively rise against the government would be if the Second Amendment was repealed... and that, to me, seems to be the ironic catch-22 about the right to bear arms. Of course, I have no problem with the military owning and using guns. My grievance is against ordinary citizens owning fire arms. -Mark
Cat Germ Posted August 25, 2004 Posted August 25, 2004 (edited) I may not like guns very much but, I still think it is important to have one and know how to use it. There were upwards of three guns in our house when I was little. My Ma made absolutely sure I knew exactly how they worked, and that they [b]were[/b] [b]not[/b] [b]toys[/b]. I think if children are taught that when they are young and taught to respect them then they will not go looking for them nor will they play with them :mouse: cat Edited August 25, 2004 by Cat Germ
yomichael Posted August 25, 2004 Posted August 25, 2004 All I can say is this! In a world where no one owns guns except the Gov. and bad guys, force buy the Gov. begins and hostile take overs by the bad guys come into effect. So with that said I don't carry a gun, but I don't feel it should be against the law for a person who takes classes to carry a gun.
frederico Posted August 25, 2004 Posted August 25, 2004 women are especially vulnerable without a firearm, oh and effeminate men too
MorphRC Posted August 26, 2004 Posted August 26, 2004 After re-thinking my position. I still dont like guns, but I dont hate them. I still dont think their as honourable as swords, but i wont be so rigid in my views.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now