An Old School Catholic Message Board

"smart" Evil Vs. Stupid Evil?

BeenaBobba

A few nights ago, I was talking to one of my good friends on AIM. Earlier that day, I read an entry on his blog in which he said that, while he has serious problems with Kerry, his horror regarding Kerry doesn't compare to the horror he feels at the thought of Bush in office for another four years.

Now, my friend is Catholic -- Eastern Catholic, actually -- and is studying to become an Eastern Catholic priest. He was also a political science major (he's very smart, too, with an IQ of around 150). When I pointed out that Kerry supports more violence than Bush does, he said that it doesn't matter. He said that if someone supports any evil, his back is already turned away from God, so it doesn't matter how much evil he supports ("I don't agree with Thomas," he said). He went on to say that he supports Kerry because Kerry is smarter than Bush, and he then quoted someone who said that direct, intentional evil has aims and limits, whereas unintentional evil is boundless.

"Would you rather have an incompetent idiot or an intelligent wicked man in office?" he asked.

"An idiot, of course! After all, what good is intelligence if it's used for evil?" I replied.

I think his stance is incorrect. It presumes too much. Can we really know Bush's and Kerry's intentions? Heck, who are we to judge Kerry's intentions? Kerry could truly think he's doing the right thing. Who are we to judge Bush's intentions? We just can't. We just have the facts to work with, and the facts are that Bush will do less harm to the pro-life movement. Plus, someone like Stalin was intelligent and competent, but I'd have taken the less competent Nicholas II over Stalin any day of the week! (Say, have any of you seen [url="http://www.ppaction.org/ppvotes/choice_chick.html"]Planned Parenthood's new cartoon[/url], called "Choice Chick vs. The Judgebots"? Planned Parenthood favors Kerry, as they see Bush for the threat to the pro-"choice" movement that he is!)

What do y'all think about all of this?

God bless,

Jen

Kilroy the Ninja

Wow. I think anyone who is planning on voting for Kerry needs to see that cartoon. It's important they see who else they are supporting.

I

[quote name='BeenaBobba' date='Aug 17 2004, 03:09 AM'] Say, have any of you seen [url="http://www.ppaction.org/ppvotes/choice_chick.html"]Planned Parenthood's new cartoon[/url], called "Choice Chick vs. The Judgebots"? [/quote]
[quote]Wow, that cartoon is an all time low. Talk about desperation to try to get to people. [/quote]

Wow, that cartoon is insane. I mean "Choice Chick"..."Stand up for choice"... :wacko:

Thy Geekdom Come

My goodness! What a terribly bigoted and uneducated cartoon!

Hopefully the people who see this will realize how sappy, hateful, and defamatory it is and go pro-life.

I also found it humorous that they say George Bush is against choice. For starters, there are only a few choices he is against, but if they're going to say that he is all for controlling and keeping people from being able to use their elective faculties, then they should look at his school voucher programs, his medicare and welfare privatization, his faith based initiative, etc., all dealing with empowering the ability of people to make choices for themselves which do NOT harm others.

1337 k4th0l1x0r

I haven't seen the cartoon yet, but here are my thoughts on the 'pro-choice' movement and Planned Parenthood.

The ultimate goals of these organizations is not family planning or choice or even killing babies. The reason why abortion supporters often fall in line with pro-homosexual marriage activists and euthanasia supporters is that they want to dehumanize not just babies, but EVERYONE. The direction they want to move society is far worse than Nazi Germany or communist Russia under Stalin. They want to rob each and every one of us of who we are as individuals and make us just another piece of society. The collective that we form will be more important than the sum of the individuals that make it up. Our bodies and minds will become subject to 'what's best for society.' It's even done now with the acceptance of contraception for the sake of population control. After all, society should only have as many people as it sees fit to have. People have bought into 'world overcrowding.' The next phase of their plan is to numb people to where killing the innocent is acceptable for the sake of society. Every child shall be a wanted child; this is PP's motto. As for the unwanted children, they'll just be medical waste that is used for reasearch. This moves into embryonic stem cell research. If I were to ask you if you would die for the sake of saving lives, you might say yes. But if I were to ask you if you would put a gun against a baby's head and pull the trigger because it may save lives, you would probably say no. Once unwanted children are dehumanized, people will accept the usage of unwanted children for society's sake.

This also leads into gay marriage, wife-swapping, and all the other deviant sexual behavior. Their goal is to separate our sexual faculties from our reproductive faculties. They have partially succeeded through contraception, though gay marriage would pretty much be the finishing touch. Everyone just goes along having sex with people with no regard for their own humanity. The pleasure associated with sex become selfish and sex loses its unitive capabilities. Since people no longer will form families, children will be raised by the state and grow up believing whatever poison is fed into their minds. They will be total slaves to a manmade and heavily Satan influence society.

As for not having enough young people to support the elderly, their solution will be simple. The kids will grow up learning that they have a limited usefulness to society and will be killed at a point when they stop working and cost more to keep up than they put in.

Yeah, I know this sounds like a bunch of plotlines from movies and books, but it seriously is the direction our society is heading in. Only smart evil can do this stuff too.

Oh yeah, and with this post, I'm a Super Alien!

Edited by 1337 k4th0l1x0r

1337 k4th0l1x0r

Just watched it... I wanna barf now.

I've been struggling with this for a while, but I wonder if it's sinful to feel not sad, but rather happy, that unrepentant abortion supporters will burn in hell and feel that they're getting their just punishment. I know that it is not my place to judge and I may end up down in the pits of hell also, but is it wrong for me to feel that evil people like these will burn forever. I pray for their conversion, but I feel it is too late.

Kilroy the Ninja

I believe we are charged to hate the sin and love the sinner. So IMHO I believe it would be and is, a sin to be happy about people burning in hell.

1337 k4th0l1x0r

Well, I'm not really happy, but I don't feel any sorrow, whereas I should because eternal damnation is not something I would wish on my worst enemy.

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='1337 k4th0l1x0r' date='Aug 18 2004, 01:51 AM'] Just watched it... I wanna barf now.

I've been struggling with this for a while, but I wonder if it's sinful to feel not sad, but rather happy, that unrepentant abortion supporters will burn in hell and feel that they're getting their just punishment. I know that it is not my place to judge and I may end up down in the pits of hell also, but is it wrong for me to feel that evil people like these will burn forever. I pray for their conversion, but I feel it is too late. [/quote]
We should strive to love all people, even if they are on the track to Hell, even if they are in Hell. God loves all creation, so we should, too.

I know that it's difficult, though...try to meditate on the Passion of Christ, who forgave his murderers even as He hung from the Cross, and St. Maria Goretti, who forgave her murderer and pleaded that he stop for the sake of his own soul.

1337 k4th0l1x0r

[quote name='Raphael' date='Aug 18 2004, 12:58 PM'] We should strive to love all people, even if they are on the track to Hell, even if they are in Hell. God loves all creation, so we should, too.

I know that it's difficult, though...try to meditate on the Passion of Christ, who forgave his murderers even as He hung from the Cross, and St. Maria Goretti, who forgave her murderer and pleaded that he stop for the sake of his own soul. [/quote]
Oh, believe me, I pray for them all the time. It's a matter of how I feel if they decide to never repent. I forgive them for what they do, but if they themselves never recognize their wrongdoing and repent of it before the moment of their deaths, they will die in a state of mortal sin.