Colleen Posted August 18, 2004 Posted August 18, 2004 I was made fun of for being small. That still hasn't gone away.
homeschoolmom Posted August 18, 2004 Posted August 18, 2004 [quote name='Sojourner' date='Aug 18 2004, 05:18 PM'] Pretty much. I know A LOT of random facts. I love trivia ... [/quote] Me too!! Colleen-- I had people come up to me in school to put their fingers around my wrists... they couldn't believe how skinny I was. I hated that. Mean Big kids...
Colleen Posted August 18, 2004 Posted August 18, 2004 [quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Aug 18 2004, 05:23 PM']Colleen-- I had people come up to me in school to put their fingers around my wrists... they couldn't believe how skinny I was. I hated that. Mean Big kids... [/quote] Aww, that's terrible! That's happened to me, too. Also, people always have the need to compare their hands to mine. Them: [i]*gasp* Colleen, your hands are so small![/i] Me: [i]*gasp* Maybe your hands are just that big![/i]
VeraMaria Posted August 18, 2004 Posted August 18, 2004 LOL! I had actually never noticed different foreheads before...I never noticed "big" foreheads... Hmm...I get made fun of for being tall but "un palo" ("a stick", spanish expression for slender)...at leats I used to And for having "big green eyes", turns out they're "very expressive", people can tell wether I'm mad, happy, sad
Thy Geekdom Come Posted August 18, 2004 Posted August 18, 2004 [quote name='Sojourner' date='Aug 18 2004, 06:18 PM'] Pretty much. I know A LOT of random facts. I love trivia ... [/quote] The master trivia of all trivia... What is the origin of the word "trivia"? The origin of the word trivia is a reference to public plazas in ancient cities where "three roads" would meet. Pedestrians, townsfolk, business owners and other would go out into the plaza to discuss random things and make small talk and basically tell each other about little, unimportant things...trivial things.
rachael Posted August 18, 2004 Posted August 18, 2004 i read the topic and i thought you were talking about me...
Thy Geekdom Come Posted August 18, 2004 Posted August 18, 2004 [quote name='rachael' date='Aug 18 2004, 06:54 PM'] i read the topic and i thought you were talking about me... [/quote] :crackup: I prefer to make fun of your avatar's bitter-beer face.
VeraMaria Posted August 18, 2004 Posted August 18, 2004 (edited) Hehe, it's funner to sketch big foreheads.... *from a person who took a face pencil sketching course, and wants to take an advanced one * Of course nothing beats full lips or big noses for fun in drawing... Edited August 18, 2004 by VeraMaria
homeschoolmom Posted August 18, 2004 Posted August 18, 2004 [quote name='Raphael' date='Aug 18 2004, 05:50 PM'] The master trivia of all trivia... What is the origin of the word "trivia"? The origin of the word trivia is a reference to public plazas in ancient cities where "three roads" would meet. Pedestrians, townsfolk, business owners and other would go out into the plaza to discuss random things and make small talk and basically tell each other about little, unimportant things...trivial things. [/quote] You win!
rachael Posted August 19, 2004 Posted August 19, 2004 [quote name='Raphael' date='Aug 18 2004, 07:55 PM'] :crackup: I prefer to make fun of your avatar's bitter-beer face. [/quote] you just want it
let_go_let_God Posted August 19, 2004 Posted August 19, 2004 (edited) Ok For those of you have issues i have ways to combat them. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ You are not short you are vertically challenged. You are not Tall you are vertically gifted. You are not big there is just more of you to love You are not small you have a bigger capacity for greatness You are not funny looking you are uniquely created You are physically (mentally) disabled you are uniquely gifted for God does not choose the qualified, He qualifies the chosen. Edited August 19, 2004 by let_go_let_God
Theoketos Posted August 19, 2004 Posted August 19, 2004 Least favorite thing about middle school was that I was the nerd runt. Now I get to pray for those bullies for the rest of my life.
homeschoolmom Posted August 19, 2004 Posted August 19, 2004 [quote name='Theoketos' date='Aug 19 2004, 07:18 AM'] Least favorite thing about middle school was that I was the nerd runt. Now I get to pray for those bullies for the rest of my life. [/quote] ever notice that there's never any middle school reunions? No one would come.
Sojourner Posted August 19, 2004 Posted August 19, 2004 My high school and middle school were in the same building, same people, everything. Pretty much you couldn't pay me to go to a reunion. I'm not as bitter as I was, but still ... just not a time in my life I want to revisit.
Carrie Posted August 19, 2004 Posted August 19, 2004 In middle school, they used to call me Spirals b/c of my hair. Mean kids.
MC Just Posted August 19, 2004 Posted August 19, 2004 i used to get made fun of because of my mullet.. My big forehead and because i was poor
socalscout Posted August 19, 2004 Posted August 19, 2004 Unfortunetly I have a big forehead but it is not by birth but by age and it keeps getting bigger.
Lil Red Posted August 19, 2004 Author Posted August 19, 2004 i just got picked on cuz i was the skinny, red haired, freckle faced kid that nobody liked. ah well, now they are jealous of my beautiful skin, my gorgeous hair, and my slenderness!
Thy Geekdom Come Posted August 19, 2004 Posted August 19, 2004 [quote name='Lil Red' date='Aug 19 2004, 12:01 PM'] i just got picked on cuz i was the skinny, red haired, freckle faced kid that nobody liked. ah well, now they are jealous of my beautiful skin, my gorgeous hair, and my slenderness! [/quote] LOL Phunny how things turn around with age...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now