An Old School Catholic Message Board

Justification

MorphRC

Hey All.

Whats this Infused Justification? I know what Justification is, and how it applies, but whats the difference between 'normal' justification and infused justification?

Arigato :chinese:

[quote name='MorphRC' date='Aug 23 2004, 01:10 AM'] Hey All.

Whats this Infused Justification? I know what Justification is, and how it applies, but whats the difference between 'normal' justification and infused justification?

Arigato :chinese: [/quote]
Infused justification is "normal" justification, because when God justifies a man by grace, He really, and not in mere appearance, makes that man just. God pours His life and energy into man, moving man from a state of mortal sin and death, to a state of grace and life. The justified man actually becomes a participant in the divine nature and is sanctified in the process. Thus, to be justified is to be sanctified, and these two "things" are inseparably connected, one does not happen without the other.

So, I'm not sure I understand what it is you are asking.

God bless,
Todd

Laudate_Dominum

for some groups, infused justification is incompatible with their soteriological system. but for Catholics normal justification is infused justification. :)

[quote]At any rate, Rome makes us depend on Christ's work in us (infused justification), rather than Christ's Work on the Cross, independent of our own merit, for our salvation. In a sense, she wants Christ to help us get to Heaven on our own strength, rather than to depend solely on Him, despair over our own strength and willpower, and be justified solely by faith in His Divine Mediatorship before the Father. (Imputed righteousness) [/quote]

That :huh:

[quote name='MorphRC' date='Aug 23 2004, 01:44 AM'] ICHTUS was saying that Infused Justification is wrong.

Let me re-read what he/she wrote. [/quote]
ICTHUS is now a Calvinist, and so he rejects the Catholic doctrine that says that what God declares to be so, is ontologically true. Therefore, when God justifies a man, the man in question is really made just; in other words, all that is truly sinful in that man is removed and the man is sanctified by God's grace.

Laudate_Dominum

how is Christ's work in us relying on our own strength? thilly. the correct understanding does not seperate Christ's work on the Cross from Christ's work in us. Salvation is essentially association with the Paschal Mystery, and the process of sanctification is the reality of Christ's work being more and more actualized in us.

[quote name='MorphRC' date='Aug 23 2004, 01:50 AM'][quote]At any rate, Rome makes us depend on Christ's work in us (infused justification), rather than Christ's Work on the Cross, independent of our own merit, for our salvation. In a sense, she wants Christ to help us get to Heaven on our own strength, rather than to depend solely on Him, despair over our own strength and willpower, and be justified solely by faith in His Divine Mediatorship before the Father. (Imputed righteousness)[/quote]
That :huh:[/quote]
ICTHUS, like the Reformers before him, holds that sin is greater than God's grace, and that grace cannot really remove sin, but can only "cover" it up. This position was rejected by the Council of Trent as incompatible with both Scripture and Tradition. If God declares a man to be just, that man is really made just.

God bless,
Todd

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='MorphRC' date='Aug 23 2004, 03:44 AM'] ICHTUS was saying that Infused Justification is wrong.

Let me re-read what he/she wrote. [/quote]
ICTHUS is a dude. :)

Ok Let me get this worked out:

Not only do they reject that God destroys sin from us, but only covers it up, but they are against us making the first act, IE accepting Christ as Saviour etc, thats wrong to them also?

:huh:

[quote name='MorphRC' date='Aug 23 2004, 11:38 AM'] Ok Let me get this worked out:

Not only do they reject that God destroys sin from us, but only covers it up, but they are against us making the first act, IE accepting Christ as Saviour etc, thats wrong to them also?

:huh: [/quote]
Yes. It's all God and man has no free will in the matter...

infused is the opposite of imputed.

Some, esp Calvinists and Lutherines, say that Grace is imputed on us, and that we are thus like snow covered dung.

But then why did God look at us and say that we were made [i]very[/i] good.

Ave Maria,

James III

[quote name='MorphRC' date='Aug 23 2004, 07:38 AM'] Ok Let me get this worked out:

:huh: [/quote]
The Church teaches that a man, prior to receiving God's grace, can do nothing in order to merit grace, but once God infuses His grace into a man, and puts him into a state of sanctifying grace, then the man in question can perform supernatural acts, ". . . for God is at work in [him], both to will and to work for His good pleasure." [Philippians 2:13] God's grace heals, perfects and elevates man, bringing him into a supernatural communion with the Triune God, and as a consequence of this, it is true to say that it is God who acts, [i]in[/i], [i]with[/i], and [i]through[/i] the justified man, in order to bring him to salvation.

God bless,
Todd