An Old School Catholic Message Board

Purpose

CatholicCrusader

CatholicCrusader

"The one thing organized religion cannot teach is PURPOSE" (signature of carrdero)

Maybe you should start with less advanced reading.. how about Baltimore Catechism 2, lesson 1, question 6:

Q. Why did God make you?

A. God made me to know Him, to love Him, and to serve Him in this world, and to be happy with Him forever in the next.

CatholicCrusader writes: Maybe you should start with less advanced reading.. how about Baltimore Catechism 2, lesson 1, question 6:
Q. Why did God make you?
A. God made me to know Him, to love Him, and to serve Him in this world, and to be happy with Him forever in the next.

Q: Why is GOD prideful, lonely, insecure and inefficeint? Is this the picture you are painting?

Q: Can't GOD be happy without us? Can't we be happy without GOD? Do you
K(NOW) of anyone who does not K(NOW) GOD and is happy?

Q: Maybe GOD did create us but what are we doing on earth? Couldn't we K(NOW) him and LOVE him and serve him right where GOD is? Why do we have to come to earth?

Edited by carrdero

CatholicCrusader

I didn't see any argument for anyting you wrote... it was completely destroyed by your, not funny the first second or third time, pun on "know".

What is your argument, then? The Baltimore Catechism right there has given you a purpose... your signature is a lie.

CatholicCrusader writes: I didn't see any argument for anyting you wrote... it was completely destroyed by your, not funny the first second or third time, pun on "know".
What is your argument, then? The Baltimore Catechism right there has given you a purpose... your signature is a lie.

Actually at this point I am just looking for extra understanding. Maybe the Baltimore Catechism can enlighten me. You may answer the questions I left at your leisure if you desire.

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote]Q: Why is GOD prideful, lonely, insecure and inefficeint? Is this the picture you are painting?

Q: Can't GOD be happy without us? Can't we be happy without GOD? Do you
K(NOW) of anyone who does not K(NOW) GOD and is happy?

Q: Maybe GOD did create us but what are we doing on earth? Couldn't we K(NOW) him and LOVE him and serve him right where GOD is? Why do we have to come to earth?[/quote]

1. God is not prideful. Rather, God, being infinitely humble, knows Himself infinitely well and does not make an issue of His omnipotence with us. He spurns us only to teach us and He reserves even that for when it is only necessary. God desires that we will be happy, and so He came down and became man (infinite humility required), then God was beaten and died (infinite humility required), then God descended among the dead (infinite humility required). God is Humble, not proud.

God is not lonely. In God's self-giving, He created us because He wanted something else to experience His love. Loneliness works in the opposite way. A lonely person seeks to be loved for his own sake. God seeks to be loved for our own sake.

God is not insecure. God is so completely confident that He made man, knowing that we would fall and sin, but having most assured confidence (after all, how can one lack confidence when one is omnipotent?) that men would be saved.

God is quite efficient. God is much like the perpetual motion machine so many have dreamed of making. God is Three Persons, each pouring out His Love, His Being, completely to the other Two Persons. Being infinite and wholly self-containing, none of God's Being is ever lost. That is efficiency, is it not?

2. God is perfectly happy without us. God does not need us to be happy. By our sins, we may sadden God, but it is not sadness, truly, but compassion, because sadness is an evil, compassion is a virtue.

We cannot be happy without God because we were made for God. Any being is most happy in that place for which he was made. St. Augustine said, "our hearts were made for you, Lord, and they will not rest until they rest in you." God is the source of all happiness. Of course we can't be happy without Him.

I know of no one who is both happy and separated from God. There is a common ability which seems to correlate with the higher numbers of generations to pretend intellectually to be happy, but this is farce.

3. We were created on earth because we are creatures. We are not a part of God. Therefore, our only way to exist is as a part of creation. Therefore, whether it was on this planet or another or in the waters or in the heavens or in the vast reaches of the universe, we would have to be in creation. If you mean to ask why we were not placed automatically in heaven, it is because Christ needed to die before that could happen. We were close to heaven in the Garden of Eden, but we chose to fall. Even if we had not, Christ would have to have become incarnate to connect our human nature with God's own divine nature.

[quote name='carrdero' date='Aug 28 2004, 12:59 PM'] CatholicCrusader writes: I didn't see any argument for anyting you wrote... it was completely destroyed by your, not funny the first second or third time, pun on "know".

Actually at this point I am just looking for extra understanding. Maybe the Baltimore Catechism can enlighten me. You may answer the questions I left at your leisure if you desire. [/quote]
Catholic Crusader just refuted yoru signature. He showed religion taught purpose. I think Rapheal did well to answer the questions.

God bless,

Mikey

Raphael writes: 1. God is not prideful. Rather, God, being infinitely humble, knows Himself infinitely well and does not make an issue of His omnipotence with us.

Yes but CatholicCrusader said that my purpose for existence was to know GOD. If this knowledge of GOD is not a cry for attention or a pompous request of attentiveness I do not K(NOW) what else it could be. Why would somebody create another entity to know them? What if I do not want to K(NOW) GOD? Is that okay too?

(It's like humans announcing their birthday all day to every one they meet. Why would they do that? What do they expect me to do with this information? When is it going to stop?)

Raphael writes: God is not insecure. God is so completely confident that He made man, knowing that we would fall and sin, but having most assured confidence (after all, how can one lack confidence when one is omnipotent?) that men would be saved.

????????????????????

Raphael writes: God is quite efficient. God is much like the perpetual motion machine so many have dreamed of making. God is Three Persons, each pouring out His Love, His Being, completely to the other Two Persons. Being infinite and wholly self-containing, none of God's Being is ever lost. That is efficiency, is it not?

Again the question begs, why does GOD need us? CatholicCrusader says GOD needs me to be his servant. If GOD is as ALL-Efficient as you say than what would/could/should GOD require of me?

Raphael writes: God is perfectly happy without us. God does not need us to be happy.
We cannot be happy without God because we were made for God.

This may be a contradictory statement unless you can explain to me what exactly “be made for GOD” means. You may want to also explore these questions as well; Then why create us? Why keep us existing? If we are GODs creations can GOD not destroy us if he wills? Hasn't GOD performed this CORRECTION effectively on humankind in the past?

Raphael writes: I know of no one who is both happy and separated from God.

I K(NOW) of several people (atheists actually) who do not acknowledge GOD but live happy fortunate lives.
The opposite effect could be evident of practicing Christians. In fact, I K(NOW) more unhappy/unfortunate Christians than I K(NOW) of happy/fortunate atheists.

Raphael writes: There is a common ability which seems to correlate with the higher numbers of generations to pretend intellectually to be happy, but this is farce.

I K(NOW) a few of these people that you speak of who pretend to be happy intellectually.

Raphael writes: We were close to heaven in the Garden of Eden, but we chose to fall.

Who is “we”?

Raphael writes: If you mean to ask why we were not placed automatically in heaven, it is because Christ needed to die before that could happen.

Actually, there were many spiritual entities in existence before there was even a desire to create or occupy a physical earth. Why create an earth? Why desire to create a place to put mankind? What does this creation prove?

Rachael thanks for getting back to me. And though your answers were charitable and your patience with me is quite evident I am afraid your responses raise more questions then conclude answers (I am just speaking only for me of course).

voiciblanche

Awesome post, Micah!

Quick question -

[quote]Even if we had not, Christ would have to have become incarnate to connect our human nature with God's own divine nature.[/quote]

Can you elaborate on that a little? If we hadn't sinned in the beginning, and He'd have become incarnate, what would have happened after that? Right now, we die as punishment for sin and then may go onto either Purgatory (or in some cases Heaven) or hell, right? So, if we hadn't sinned, and He'd become incarnate, would we just be assumed body and soul similar to the way Mary was assumed, or something like that?

I guess that's not a very important question since what happened has already happened, but I was just curious.

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote]Yes but CatholicCrusader said that my purpose for existence was to know GOD. If this knowledge of GOD is not a cry for attention or a pompous request of attentiveness I do not K(NOW) what else it could be. Why would somebody create another entity to know them? What if I do not want to K(NOW) GOD? Is that okay too?[/quote]

God created us to know and to love Him. This is not selfish. It is for our own good that we know and love Him. We cannot exist without God and we will be most happy if we know and love Him. He created us because He wanted to share Himself. This is reflected in families. Parents have children so that they can share their love with their children. I don't know a single parent who would honestly tell you that they had their children because they were selfish and wanted attention.

If you don't want to know God, then you can reject God. That is what sin is.

[quote](It's like humans announcing their birthday all day to every one they meet. Why would they do that? What do they expect me to do with this information? When is it going to stop?)[/quote]

It would be more accurate to say that a person was sharing tons of different info about himself with others. God doesn't share one facet of His Love with us, He shares His infinite Love with us and we are supposed to share ours with Him because that will make us happy.

[quote]Raphael writes: God is not insecure. God is so completely confident that He made man, knowing that we would fall and sin, but having most assured confidence (after all, how can one lack confidence when one is omnipotent?) that men would be saved.[/quote]

Perhaps simplification would help. God is not insecure because God is completely confident.

[quote]Again the question begs, why does GOD need us? CatholicCrusader says GOD needs me to be his servant. If GOD is as ALL-Efficient as you say than what would/could/should GOD require of me?[/quote]

This is because of a misunderstanding of the word [i][u]require[/u][/i] as CatholicCrusader used it (this misunderstanding has happened among Catholics as well, so it is no big deal). It has several connotations. One is that something is needed if it is required for one's own sake. Another is if it is required of another person for another person's sake. God's requirement is the second. He requies our worship because He seeks our good. Our worship of God is truly what we need.

[quote]This may be a contradictory statement unless you can explain to me what exactly “be made for GOD” means. You may want to also explore these questions as well; Then why create us? Why keep us existing? If we are GODs creations can GOD not destroy us if he wills? Hasn't GOD performed this CORRECTION effectively on humankind in the past?[/quote]

To be made for God means that we were made for the purpose of being with Him and loving Him. As for why He created us and keeps us existing, it is because God is infinitely benevolent. I don't need to give my mother a gift on Mother's Day, but I do because I am benevolent toward her. God wants us to be happy. I suppose that He didn't have to create us, but Happy creatures are better than no creatures. God can destroy us if He wants, yes. Has God destroyed creation in the past? Not entirely. I don't see the point of this question, though.

[quote]I K(NOW) of several people (atheists actually) who do not acknowledge GOD but live happy fortunate lives.
The opposite effect could be evident of practicing Christians. In fact, I K(NOW) more unhappy/unfortunate Christians than I K(NOW) of happy/fortunate atheists.[/quote]

I cannot see within their hearts, but I doubt they are truly happy. I also acknowledge that not all Christians are happy. For a Christian to accept the happiness God offers, he or she must open up completely to God. A closed container cannot have water poured into it. Likewise, there are many pleasures which are confused for happiness.

However, I notice that you link happiness and fortune. I have a problem with this. Fortune and happiness have nothing to do with one other. Fortune often leads to pleasure, which has nothing to do with happiness.

[quote]Who is “we”?[/quote]

The human race.

[quote]Actually, there were many spiritual entities in existence before there was even a desire to create or occupy a physical earth. Why create an earth? Why desire to create a place to put mankind? What does this creation prove?[/quote]

You mean the angels, I presume? God works in different levels. Angels are higher than us. Humans are physical creatures with rational souls. I cannot answer why God created us in these levels, I only know that He did. What does it matter, really, why He did?

[quote]Rachael thanks for getting back to me. And though your answers were charitable and your patience with me is quite evident I am afraid your responses raise more questions then conclude answers (I am just speaking only for me of course).[/quote]

And thank you for your charity. I'm not concerned with your having any more questions. Most answers only bring more questions, at least for a while. Eventually, there will be more answers than questions.

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='voiciblanche' date='Aug 29 2004, 01:24 AM'] Awesome post, Micah!

Quick question -

Can you elaborate on that a little? If we hadn't sinned in the beginning, and He'd have become incarnate, what would have happened after that? Right now, we die as punishment for sin and then may go onto either Purgatory (or in some cases Heaven) or hell, right? So, if we hadn't sinned, and He'd become incarnate, would we just be assumed body and soul similar to the way Mary was assumed, or something like that?

I guess that's not a very important question since what happened has already happened, but I was just curious. [/quote]
Well, I don't know what would have been, but I think I could guess a few possibilities.

The Exultet at Easter refers to the Fall of Adam and Eve as "O happy fall" because by it Christ came to save it. This, of course, doesn't mean the fall in itself was a good thing.

I have a potential answer, but I am not certain, so I will not risk scandalizing you. I wish to keep it a mystery.

This is a question for the Q&A Forum.

Rapheal writes: God created us to know and to love Him.

I think that this is inevitable benefit once people actually accurately get to K(NOW) GOD.

Rapheal writes: It is for our own good that we know and love Him.

This is true as long as you accurately come to K(NOW) GOD.
Question: How do you come to K(NOW) GOD?

Rapheal writes: We cannot exist without God and we will be most happy if we know and love Him.

Once again I agree.
Question: How do you LOVE GOD? What active measures do you employ to show GOD you LOVE him?

Rapheal writes: He created us because He wanted to share Himself.

Actually I believe there is more to this act of creation than just sharing himself but in essence I agree.
Question: How does GOD share Himself with you? (this question is optional in that as long as you do not mind sharing that information on these boards).

Rapheal writes: This is reflected in families. Parents have children so that they can share their love with their children. I don't know a single parent who would honestly tell you that they had their children because they were selfish and wanted attention.

I disagree. I have had this conversation in another PM thread. Since you admit that you do not know of a single parent who would honestly tell you that they had a child for the reason you explain leads me to believe that there may be a perspective problem. Let me broaden your horizon. I do not think all parents have children so that they can share their love with their children. Many parents have children out of wedlock or children that they didn’t expect (accidents). The many children that are found abandoned (in dumpsters, mind you) or are put up for adoption because families cannot care for them. There are parents who abuse their children physically, emotionally and sexually. It would probably be a good idea to find a more universal moral example to comparing your relationship with GOD than the parent/child angle.

Questions: Is this how you want to understand and K(NOW) GOD?
Is it possible or fair to even compare GOD to earthly human relationships?

Rapheal writes: This is because of a misunderstanding of the word require as CatholicCrusader used it (this misunderstanding has happened among Catholics as well, so it is no big deal). It has several connotations. One is that something is needed if it is required for one's own sake. Another is if it is required of another person for another person's sake. God's requirement is the second. He requies our worship because He seeks our good. Our worship of God is truly what we need.

I disagree. The way that GOD’s worship as explained to me on PM can be compared to a human deficiency. Like someone who neglects to take a certain vitamin or medication. I personally am not worship deficient. I also believe that there are many other ways to express goodness or appreciation than to heap unwanted praise towards an entity who does not want/require/need it.

Question: If GOD does not require/want/need worship, why are some people still giving it to him?
Why would you give any entity something that they did not want/need/require?

Rapheal writes: To be made for God means that we were made for the purpose of being with Him and loving Him.

Yes but you have just explained that GOD could do without any one of us. That GOD does not need us to exist.
Questions: Could it be that the PURPOSE for GOD creating both spiritual and physical entities has gone unfulfilled?
If GOD is perfect and he created entities for this specific PURPOSE and the entities that were created do not respond/act/imitate the way GOD has willed, does not this make for an imperfect GOD?

Rapheal writes: God wants us to be happy.

I agree.
Questions: How far must we go to make GOD happy without losing ourselves in that search for happiness?
How do we K(NOW) what makes GOD happy will be the same things that make us happy?

Rapheal writes: I suppose that He didn't have to create us but Happy creatures are better than no creatures.

You are CORRECT, GOD did not have to create us.

Question: If you look at society as a whole are we happy creatures? Have we provided a happy environment where everyone can share in the same happiness?

Rapheal writes: God can destroy us if He wants, yes. Has God destroyed creation in the past? Not entirely. I don't see the point of this question, though.

But you agree that GOD has destroyed spiritual and physical existences in the past. Am I CORRECT in this assumption?

Questions: Why would a benevolent GOD do this to one of his PURPOSE filled creations?
If GOD is not happy with us and we are not happy K(NOW)ing GOD why has not GOD destroyed every generation through fire and flood, humans haven’t really changed that much since the times depicted in Genesis?

Rapheal writes: For a Christian to accept the happiness God offers, he or she must open up completely to God.

Question: How does someone open up completely to GOD?
How do you personally open up completely to GOD? (this question is optional in that as long as you do not mind sharing that information on these boards).

Rapheal writes: Likewise, there are many pleasures which are confused for happiness.

Likewise there are many pleasures that make people happy that other people do not understand why they make other people happy or happiness that other people cannot obtain to make them happy.
Question: How can a pleasure be confused for happiness as long as it makes that individual happy?
Isn't there some understanding/growth/enlightenment that comes to a individual after they realize that an experience does not make them happy?
How can GOD be unhappy in a pleasure that makes an individual happy? Isn’t this what GOD intended for mankind? To be happy?

Rapheal writes: However, I notice that you link happiness and fortune.

Question: How do you link this? What evidence do you imply that makes you arrive to this conclusion?

Rapheal writes: We were close to heaven in the Garden of Eden, but we chose to fall.

carrdero writes: Who is “we”?

Rapheal writes: The human race.

You are INCORRECT. I do not represent the human race. Never wanted the responsibility, never will. I also feel it is INCORRECT for other entities to represent me either. I am not responsible for the incident that took place in the Garden Of Eden or the wars that we have been through or the holocaust or the fact that slavery did occur in these states. I am absolved of all that (I K(NOW) because my lawyer says so). I can think up and commit my own original sins without the help of other entities, thank you. I also do not think that GOD fairly acknowledges us this way either.

Rapheal writes: You mean the angels, I presume? God works in different levels. Angels are higher than us. Humans are physical creatures with rational souls. I cannot answer why God created us in these levels, I only know that He did. What does it matter, really, why He did?

I want you to understand something Raphael that is very important, something that I truly believe in. There is no entity (spiritual or physical) that is higher/better/more important than any other entity. Every entity is equal (albeit unique) in GOD’s eyes. Anybody who K(NOW)s GOD understands this.

Rapheal writes: And thank you for your charity. I'm not concerned with your having any more questions. Most answers only bring more questions, at least for a while. Eventually, there will be more answers than questions.

Sorry didn’t read this last part until I wrote my post. I thank you for your answers and hope that there are other charitable PM members that will rise to the challenge of answering these questions. As you K(NOW) it is not only my signature that is at stake here. This is my life and my REALationship with GOD that is on the debate table. Any other information regarding my questions would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by carrdero

Thy Geekdom Come

I'm just curious and don't mean any malice by it, but why do you spell [i]know[/i] as [b]K(NOW)[/b]?

[quote]I think that this is inevitable benefit once people actually accurately get to K(NOW) GOD.[/quote]

Indeed, but of course, we can always get to know God better and better. He is infinite, after all.

[quote]This is true as long as you accurately come to K(NOW) GOD.
Question: How do you come to K(NOW) GOD?[/quote]

I should say that because God is infinite, we can never completely know Him. We come to know Him because He reveals Himself to us, especially in the Scriptures and in the Sacraments, but also in the Church and even in creation (for instance, we can rest assured that God is a caring God because He provides us with our needs instead of placing us on a barren world).

[quote]Once again I agree.
Question: How do you LOVE GOD? What active measures do you employ to show GOD you LOVE him?[/quote]

I have faith acting through love. God, of course, inspires this faith, He prompts it, if you will, but I respond with consent by opening up to Him and loving Him. Because of my willingness to love Him, His love will be made manifest in me in faith acting through love, i.e. declaring my faith, prayer (both public and private), showing charity to others in God's creation, etc.

[quote]Actually I believe there is more to this act of creation than just sharing himself but in essence I agree.
Question: How does GOD share Himself with you? (this question is optional in that as long as you do not mind sharing that information on these boards).[/quote]

I am open to discussing all things, so long as they do not scandalize others or otherwise cause me to sin. God shares Himself first of all with me by allowing me to exist. This is a willingness to allow me to live and in it, He shares existence with me and with all creation. In addition, God gives me His love, as I have felt many times and, even though I have turned from Him many times, God still shares Himself with me even to the point of coming among mankind to die for me. This is the greatest gift God gives us, because it allows all other gifts of God to reach us.

[quote]I disagree. I have had this conversation in another PM thread. Since you admit that you do not know of a single parent who would honestly tell you that they had a child for the reason you explain leads me to believe that there may be a perspective problem. Let me broaden your horizon. I do not think all parents have children so that they can share their love with their children. Many parents have children out of wedlock or children that they didn’t expect (accidents). The many children that are found abandoned (in dumpsters, mind you) or are put up for adoption because families cannot care for them. There are parents who abuse their children physically, emotionally and sexually. It would probably be a good idea to find a more universal moral example to comparing your relationship with GOD than the parent/child angle.[/quote]

I apologize. The weakness of my example was my mistake and it goes to the meaning of the word [i]parent[/i]. I have always used it to reference those who act as parents are meant to act, not just a biological relation.

[quote]Questions: Is this how you want to understand and K(NOW) GOD?
Is it possible or fair to even compare GOD to earthly human relationships?[/quote]

I can never understand God, but I can try to understand certain attributes of Him. Imperfect metaphors are the best that anyone can do to describe a Being so far beyond us. So no, it is not possible to compare God fully to human relationships, but I may learn things about God from attributes of creation. As to whether it is fair, I believe it is, because if it helps us to know and love God, then God must favor it, and everything God favors is just.

[quote]I disagree. The way that GOD’s worship as explained to me on PM can be compared to a human deficiency. Like someone who neglects to take a certain vitamin or medication. I personally am not worship deficient. I also believe that there are many other ways to express goodness or appreciation than to heap unwanted praise towards an entity who does not want/require/need it.

Question: If GOD does not require/want/need worship, why are some people still giving it to him?
Why would you give any entity something that they did not want/need/require?[/quote]

It is not unwanted praise. God wants our praise. He wants us to worship Him. The catch isn't that, but rather it is that He wants our praise for our good and not for His. He recognizes that we will be most happy when worshipping Him.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean in your comparison to a human deficiency. Please elaborate.

I give God praise and worship because I was created for that purpose. In all humility, which is perhaps the greatest of virtues, I worship Him because it is my place to worship Him. I worship Him because it is the joy of my heart. Our natural places in life are always the joys of our hearts.

[quote]Yes but you have just explained that GOD could do without any one of us. That GOD does not need us to exist.
Questions: Could it be that the PURPOSE for GOD creating both spiritual and physical entities has gone unfulfilled?
If GOD is perfect and he created entities for this specific PURPOSE and the entities that were created do not respond/act/imitate the way GOD has willed, does not this make for an imperfect GOD?[/quote]

And God doesn't need us to exist, but He does want us to.

God has not failed in His mission. God made a perfect and good creation. He gave us free will because free will is a good thing. We abused the free will. That makes us culpable, not God, for our fall. God, therefore, is not imperfect for our errors. Rather, He proves His perfection by His willingness to love us in spite of our errors.

[quote]I agree.
Questions: How far must we go to make GOD happy without losing ourselves in that search for happiness?
How do we K(NOW) what makes GOD happy will be the same things that make us happy?[/quote]

In answer to the first question, we must lose ourselves, in some sense, to make God happy. What makes God happy, as I have said, is when we pour out our being to Him. Essentially, when we open ourselves to God. This will make us happy as well.

In answer to the second question, we know that God will be happy with what makes us happy because what makes God happy actually is that we are happy. In addition, our happiness lies in God alone, and God is happy with Himself.

[quote]You are CORRECT, GOD did not have to create us.

Question: If you look at society as a whole are we happy creatures? Have we provided a happy environment where everyone can share in the same happiness?[/quote]

Unfortunately, no. We must still do much work to acheive that. But Christ is happy, and being man, His happiness is representative of man's happiness. Since Christ is also infinite, then His representation of man is infinitely valuable. This is one of the beautiful things about Christ's being man. Even when the rest of us are sinners, Christ justifies us in the eyes of the Father so that mankind is seen as good.

As for what we have done in our society, everyone can share in the same happiness, which is in Christ, but many reject it.

It doesn't matter much what the rest of humanity is like as long as even one man is happy, then man is a happy creature. To import to this explanation a quote which really does not deal with this subject, "all the darkness in the world cannot extinguish the light of a single flame."

[quote]But you agree that GOD has destroyed spiritual and physical existences in the past. Am I CORRECT in this assumption?

Questions: Why would a benevolent GOD do this to one of his PURPOSE filled creations?
If GOD is not happy with us and we are not happy K(NOW)ing GOD why has not GOD destroyed every generation through fire and flood, humans haven’t really changed that much since the times depicted in Genesis?[/quote]

God has allowed destruction by nature by His hand, yes. But He has never entirely destroyed anything. And God's destruction is not aimed toward destruction, but toward remolding man to love Him, that is, punishment from God exists for the purpose of good, not evil. It is here to teach us humility and that we must trust in God.

A benevolent God would do this to reprove His creation, as a father punishes a child. The purpose of the punishment is to teach a lesson and make the us better people. God is also merciful and, although He most certainly has the right to destroy us completely from the earth, He does not because He still wants us to reach Heaven.

[quote] Question: How does someone open up completely to GOD?
How do you personally open up completely to GOD? (this question is optional in that as long as you do not mind sharing that information on these boards).[/quote]

A person opens completely to God first by God's initial graces acting in that person, inspiring him to conversion. Then a person, tasting the possibility of salvation begins the journey toward salvation by believing in God with faith acting through love.

I personally open up to God by going to Mass, prayer, charity, etc. This structures my life and impacts my soul and gears my energies toward God.

[quote]Likewise there are many pleasures that make people happy that other people do not understand why they make other people happy or happiness that other people cannot obtain to make them happy.
Question: How can a pleasure be confused for happiness as long as it makes that individual happy?
Isn't there some understanding/growth/enlightenment that comes to a individual after they realize that an experience does not make them happy?
How can GOD be unhappy in a pleasure that makes an individual happy? Isn’t this what GOD intended for mankind? To be happy?[/quote]

Pleasure intrinsically has nothing to do with happiness. Pleasure is a sensation, happiness is an internal feeling and mood. Pleasure can be sinful or it can be virtuous, but happiness is always virtuous. There is certainly such growth as you mention. A person should not return to something which does not make them happy (although many do). God intended mankind to be happy, yes, but there are many people who believe they are truly happy who are not. True happiness comes from God and nothing else.

[quote]Question: How do you link this? What evidence do you imply that makes you arrive to this conclusion?[/quote]

You seem to indicate that you use them interchangeably when you write, "happiness/pleasure".

[quote]You are INCORRECT. I do not represent the human race. Never wanted the responsibility, never will. I also feel it is INCORRECT for other entities to represent me either. I am not responsible for the incident that took place in the Garden Of Eden or the wars that we have been through or the holocaust or the fact that slavery did occur in these states. I am absolved of all that (I K(NOW) because my lawyer says so). I can think up and commit my own original sins without the help of other entities, thank you. I also do not think that GOD fairly acknowledges us this way either.[/quote]

You are a human being. You can do nothing but represent the human race. This does not mean that you are responsible for the sins of the Nazis, but it does mean that you are responsible for sin, as we all are, save Jesus and Mary. With all due respect to the occupation of law, your lawyer is no theologian. He cannot think that civil law extends to divine law and the simple way things work. In addition, God is always fair. God cannot be anything but fair.

[quote]I want you to understand something Raphael that is very important, something that I truly believe in. There is no entity (spiritual or physical) that is higher/better/more important than any other entity. Every entity is equal (albeit unique) in GOD’s eyes. Anybody who K(NOW)s GOD understands this.[/quote]

I understand your position, but cannot hold myself to it. There are different levels in creation. A rock is of little importance compared to a squirrel and a squirrel of little importance compared to a human. In fact, I can break a rock into two, but if I do the same to a squirrel, it is propery considered cruelty. At the same time, I can eat the meat of a squirrel (not that I ever have or would want to), but it would be terrible for me to eat a human. I know God and I understand this.