Tony Posted August 30, 2004 Posted August 30, 2004 since there might not be an NHL season, this might have to do The World Cup of Ice Hockey started today, a 2 week long tournament with 8 teams in it North American pool: USA Canada Russia Slovakia European Pool: Czech Repbulic Finland Sweeden Germany Finland beat Czech Republic 4-0 today in Helsinki, USA VS Canada in Montreal and Germany VS Sweden in Stockholm is tomorrow all 8 teams make the playoffs/elimination phase, the pool games are just for seedings, home ice advantage, etc
mattosika Posted August 30, 2004 Posted August 30, 2004 (edited) :cheer: [color=red]G[/color]O [color=red]C[/color]A[color=red]N[/color]A[color=red]D[/color]A :cheer: Edited August 30, 2004 by mattosika
White Knight Posted August 31, 2004 Posted August 31, 2004 [font="Times"][b][color=red]U[/color] [color=blue]S[/color] [color=gray]A[/color][/b][/font]
mattosika Posted September 1, 2004 Posted September 1, 2004 (edited) :cheer: [color=red]C[/color]A[color=red]N[/color]A[color=red]D[/color]A :cheer: beats the USA 2-1 in a hard fought match Edited September 1, 2004 by mattosika
White Knight Posted September 1, 2004 Posted September 1, 2004 (edited) [b][color=red]U[/color] [color=blue]S[/color] [color=gray]A[/color][/b] will make a come back soon. Edited September 1, 2004 by White Knight
Tony Posted September 1, 2004 Author Posted September 1, 2004 yeah that was a good game, once USA actually started getting scoring chances. Sweden had beaten Germany 5-2
Tony Posted September 1, 2004 Author Posted September 1, 2004 Sweden 4, Czech Republic 3.. Was 4-0 after 2 periods though, Czechs made a nice comeback.. maybe that will carry them onto the elimination stages
let_go_let_God Posted September 2, 2004 Posted September 2, 2004 I don't know whether to root for the USA, Czech rep or Finland.
mattosika Posted September 2, 2004 Posted September 2, 2004 :cheer: [color=red]C[/color]A[color=red]N[/color]A[color=red]D[/color]A :cheer: BEATS Slovakia 5-1 [color=red]C[/color]A[color=red]N[/color]A[color=red]D[/color]A remains undefeated
mattosika Posted September 2, 2004 Posted September 2, 2004 EVERYONE IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHO TO CHEER FOR, CHEER FOR [color=red]C[/color]A[color=red]N[/color]A[color=red]D[/color]A BECAUSE WE ARE GOING TO WIN
Crusader_4 Posted September 2, 2004 Posted September 2, 2004 OF COURSE ONE WOULD BE CRAZY NOT TO CHEER FOR the big CA the big CA the big CANADA!!!
XIX Posted September 2, 2004 Posted September 2, 2004 I'm from America. But my favorite player is Martin Brodeur! One of them had better win. I wish they has "crossover" seedings so that Canada and USA could face each other for the World Cup, but what can ya do?
Tony Posted September 2, 2004 Author Posted September 2, 2004 [quote name='XIX' date='Sep 1 2004, 11:51 PM'] I'm from America. But my favorite player is Martin Brodeur! One of them had better win. I wish they has "crossover" seedings so that Canada and USA could face each other for the World Cup, but what can ya do? [/quote] I think it is still possible that USA Can play Canada in the Final, the quarterfinal round is criss-crossed I think 1st place NA vs 4th place Eur for example. That way any team could meet any team int he final... well mathmatically anyway
littleflower+JMJ Posted September 2, 2004 Posted September 2, 2004 tony rocks his always about sports, which i love!
Tony Posted September 2, 2004 Author Posted September 2, 2004 (edited) hehe yeah Flowery, I like a lot of sports.. I find many of them facinating, soccer and hockey are my faves though Finland 3, Germany 0 from Cologne USA VS Russia is tonight at 7ET.. cant wait! Edited September 2, 2004 by Tony
Scofizzle Posted September 2, 2004 Posted September 2, 2004 I dont really follow hockey to much....Why no NHL season this year? Are they on strike again
Tony Posted September 2, 2004 Author Posted September 2, 2004 [quote name='Scofizzle' date='Sep 2 2004, 04:54 PM'] I dont really follow hockey to much....Why no NHL season this year? Are they on strike again [/quote] yeah the contract ran out between the players and owners, need a new collecive bargining agreement.. Hopefully there is a season this year
Scofizzle Posted September 2, 2004 Posted September 2, 2004 grrrr......I hate it when professionals let money stand in the way of playing for the love of the game
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now