littleflower+JMJ Posted September 2, 2004 Posted September 2, 2004 [quote name='Scofizzle' date='Sep 2 2004, 04:05 PM'] grrrr......I hate it when professionals let money stand in the way of playing for the love of the game [/quote] money makes the world go round :globe: i dont like when players do that also!
Tony Posted September 3, 2004 Author Posted September 3, 2004 from Minnesota, Russia 3, USA 1. the USA got outshot by about a 2:1 ratio I know everyone goes to the quafterfinals but I would like to see the US win a game before that, they better beat Slovakia or its probably gonna be Canada in the quarterfinals! The pool crossover is in the semis I found out
Tony Posted September 4, 2004 Author Posted September 4, 2004 No the Aussies are not in it, no" oi oi oi "in any of the rinks.. Curious, does Australia have any players in the NHL? USA Won today 3-1 so their group phase will not go undefeated, most likely will end up in 3rd place but its not carved in stone, the Russians have to play Canada and Slovakia yet, will probably split those games. Sweden beat Germany 7-2 and will play Finalnd for the #1 seed, both teams have won both of their games.
Ash Wednesday Posted September 4, 2004 Posted September 4, 2004 Jag älsker ishockey!!! Nar jag åkte till Sverige i april, titta jag på tv och det fanns en ishockeysmatch med Sverige och Suomi. Ja ja ja!!! Jag älsker ishockey! (I love ice hockey!!!) [img]http://www.agicoa.org/images/sueded.gif[/img] [img]http://www.agicoa.org/images/finlandd.gif[/img]
Tony Posted September 4, 2004 Author Posted September 4, 2004 lol... too bad its not being televised its supposed to be on "ESPN Broadband" but I am on dial up
mattosika Posted September 5, 2004 Posted September 5, 2004 :cheer: [color=red]C[/color]A[color=red]N[/color]A[color=red]D[/color]A :cheer: BEATS RUSSIA 3-1 and remains UNDEFEATED
White Knight Posted September 5, 2004 Posted September 5, 2004 USA, USA, USA! *echos the word* hockey rocks, and I love Hockey too.
rachael Posted September 5, 2004 Posted September 5, 2004 hockey, by far, beats every other sport known to man. at least in my opinion.
Tony Posted September 5, 2004 Author Posted September 5, 2004 well Sweden and Finland ended a 4-4 tie, but Finland takes 1st seed on a pool goal difference tiebreak.. They got Germany in the quarer finals, Sweden has Czech Republic as pointed out, Canada beat Russia which gives them a perfect 6 points in the pool. Russia has Slovakia Next, if Russia wins or ties, they will play the US in the Quarterfinals. If Slovakia wins, that will leave 3 teams with a 1-2 record (2 points) so I wont know what will happen from then
Tony Posted September 6, 2004 Author Posted September 6, 2004 Russia beat Slovakia 5-2 to take the #2 seed.. all the pool games are done, not the real business begins! NA3 USA VS NA2 Russia (Tuesday) NA4 Slovakia VS NA1 Canada (Wednesday) E4 Germany VS E1 Finland (Monday) E3 Czech Republic VS E2 Sweden (Tuesday)
Tony Posted September 6, 2004 Author Posted September 6, 2004 Germany gave Finland a scare but Eloranta came through late in he 3rd period to give Finland a 2-1 win, they move onto the Semis.
Tony Posted September 8, 2004 Author Posted September 8, 2004 Czech Republic blows out Sweden 6-1.. and the USA also move onto the Semis by beating Russia 5-3!Keith Tkachuk had 4 of those US goals!
Tony Posted September 9, 2004 Author Posted September 9, 2004 Canada shut out Slovakia 5-0 in Toronto to close out the Quarterfinal round. The pool crossover now comes in effect, and it is low seeds vs high seeds, so the semis are USA VS Finland (Friday) Canada VS Czech Republic (Saturday)
Tony Posted September 12, 2004 Author Posted September 12, 2004 (edited) Well the FIns knocked off the USA 2-1 and Canada beat the Czechs in OT 4-3 Its Finland and Canada for the Championship on Tuesday Edited September 12, 2004 by Tony
Tony Posted September 15, 2004 Author Posted September 15, 2004 Canada are the World Cup Champions! They defeated Finland by a score of 3-2.. excelent game, just like a lot of the games during the tournament. If this is the last bit of hockey I get to see in a long time. I can say I ejoyed it.
mattosika Posted September 16, 2004 Posted September 16, 2004 :cheer: [color=red]G[/color]O [color=red]C[/color]A[color=red]N[/color]A[color=red]D[/color]A :cheer: I have to say being a hockey player myself it feels great to be CANADIAN knowing we have the best hockey players in the WORLD. I would like to applaud all the teams on their great effort in the tournament I pray theres a nhl league this year but it doesn't look promising. Looks like the minors will be my excitment this winter
mattosika Posted September 16, 2004 Posted September 16, 2004 theres not going to be any hockey this year. Whatever happened to playing a game because you just wanted to play the game and entertain ppl. When did making 12million a year to do something you love become a factor? Thinking about sports makes me sick. Who here who watched hockey and supported the nhl in whatever way will continue to support and watch after this lockout is done. I know after the last lockout in '94 it took yrs for me to fully support the nhl again. I just don't understand I'de love to say i wouldn't support them after this lockout but i know it won't happen, i'll watch hockey again one day and continue to buy jerseys ect.. St. Joseph I pray for all perfessional athletes, managers, owners, and everyone affiliated with sports
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now