An Old School Catholic Message Board

Steubenville Experiences

stargirl3:16

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

Check out the SHelly and Angie show... There are our experiences!

[url="http://phorum.phatmass.com/index.php?showtopic=15246&st=125"]http://phorum.phatmass.com/index.php?showtopic=15246&st=125[/url]

well, i had an experience this past summer at steubie...I was at adoration, and I start crying really hard(like I did the past two years) and my eyes were closed during the whole hour. At some point, I saw in my mind three people before me. One of them was Jesus. He was in the center, and on his right was one of my friends who had died in a car accident that past fall. On the left was my dad. He died when I was two, and I missed him dearly.

After that experience, I thought that i imagined the whole experience. Then I thought to myself "if I really imagined it, I should be able to come up with it again." Well, i couldn't, and that's when I knew.

WestCoastCatholic

I was a Young Apostle over at a new site in Washington, called Steubenville NW, which was practically my hometown. God really put it on my heart to go, and though I didn't sign up for the program initially, they asked me to go about a week before it started, and praise God I was able to do it. The greatest experience of my life. I'd like to send out a thanks to all my buddies who made the experience what it was, and how God shined through y'all in a way I will never forget. Highly recommended that Young Apostle deal...

• 2 years later...
You_are_loved!

Hey i just happened to stumble onto this site randomly. I've been to the last 3 Steubenvilles, but in 2004 it was the first NW conference so we drove to that one my first time. I had a great time because it was just an awesome atmosphere. Everyone always says that Adoration is the best part, but honestly my favorite part about it is the Mass' themselves because it's very reverant and also you see a lot of visiting Priests, Deacon's, and sometimes the Bishop will come. That to me is just as awesome to witness as Adoration.

Another reason why i've gone so many times was by the grace of God. He allowed me to go 3 years in a row. Another thing that i love to see and have participated in is, they ask all of those who are descerning the priesthood to go down in front of the congregation of teens and parents. They also do this with those descerning to be a Sister. It is a very worthwhile trip. It also helps to go with a group that you can relate to and have a good time being around them.

This is all i have for you at 3:17 in the morning.

A Brother in Christ, God Bless.

PS. when someone asks you what time it is, don't just give them the time, also say It's (whatever time it is) and you are loved!! they will appreciate that. :)

Also in response to WestCoastCatholic: I still remember those hand gestures and song!!

RISE UP AND WALK IN THE LIGHT!! STAND OUR GROUND AND LET THE WORLD KNOW THAT WE WILL NOT LET THE DEVIL WIN!! NO NO!! WE WERE ROBBED OF OUR FAITH BY A WORLD THAT SAYS IT AINT COOL TO LIVE FOR JESUS CHRIST WHY DON'T YOU COME WITH US WE'LL SHOW YOU, EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW!!

I could continue, but i won't you get the idea!! Thanks for being a Young Apostle you Guys made it fun!!!

Guest eight_days_after

I attended Steubie Midwest two years ago, Steubie north last summer, and am going again to the Midwest this summer....

I have had some amazing experiences... I wont go into detail about the personal ones... but i will never forget an amazing conversation i had two years ago with some St. Louis peeps...

they had dyed their hair green, so of course i thought they were cool... and so i went up to them

and told them how cool they were

apparently i have an accent

hehe

i guess us minnesotans say things like minnesoooota

so they asked where i was from cuz i had a snazzy accent, and when they found out MN, they thought i was the coolest person ever, and it was awkward because there i was, telling them that they were cool, and they thought i was cool because im from MN...

a while later, i bit into a pickle, because it was lunch time... and then was asked a question... i could not speak for the longest time... and they could not stop laughing

I guess i just like amazingly cool Catholic peeps! =D

May you walk eternally in God's footsteps!! =D

Edited by eight_days_after

sarcasmguy126

yeah several!

I LOVE those Steuby retreats!! Several times i have been priveleged to rest in the Holy Spirit, if y'all know what i mean...anyone else?

i'm going again this year...i can't wait!

• 2 weeks later...
sarcasmguy126

[quote name='fin-sta' post='1199990' date='Feb 18 2007, 08:32 PM']I have never been but i really want to go. it is my first chois of collages.[/quote]

ditto about the college, but it's a bit far

1.) being a young apostle was AMAZING

2.) I go to Franciscan, it's awesome

3.) I've been to 6 Steubenville conferences (Set Free, Just Live It, Rise Up twice, Experience the Glory, Unchanging)

4.) During adoration while I was a young apostle at Steubenville East in Massachusetts, I felt God speaking to me, He told me to tell this guy that He loved him. I only talked to the guy a few times before, so I was very nervous to do it. The next day, right after the conference ended and he was cleaning up, I sat with him and told him the message, and he was like "Oh man, you don't know how much I needed that. I've been feeling very unloved lately, this girl won't date me, and I'm just bummed." So yeah, God rocks like that. That guy goes to FUS with me, and he's in my bio class, but we don't talk much. I guess I did what I needed to do.

God is [color="#FF0000"]love[/color]

• 3 weeks later...
ilovechrist

went to Steubie Atlanta in 04...
never got the opportunity to go back.
it was one of the best weekends of my life... so much spirit is present...
if you get the chance, [b]GO[/b]