VeraMaria Posted September 2, 2004 Author Posted September 2, 2004 [quote name='T-Bone' date='Sep 2 2004, 07:41 PM'] I once spent a whole summer hammering siding to the side of our house. I love to hammer! Buy me a plane ticket and I'll come help! [/quote] I wish I could... My dad is helping to secure the bank he works at which is being turned into a shelter for Miami-Dade County My mom is trying to find batteries and water somewhere in miami...there's none left... so it's me and my brothers with the shutters...aka me, because my brothjers are chilling by the pool And me plus hammer = disaster sigh...wish some of u PM guys could come help
VeraMaria Posted September 2, 2004 Author Posted September 2, 2004 Great, now police cars with bullhorns are coming through the streets yelling that people MUST evacuate. problem is WHERE? everythings booked out, shelters are overcrowded, and planes arent leaving :ph34r:
Thy Geekdom Come Posted September 2, 2004 Posted September 2, 2004 [quote name='VeraMaria' date='Sep 2 2004, 07:07 PM'] I wish I could... My dad is helping to secure the bank he works at which is being turned into a shelter for Miami-Dade County My mom is trying to find batteries and water somewhere in miami...there's none left... so it's me and my brothers with the shutters...aka me, because my brothjers are chilling by the pool And me plus hammer = disaster sigh...wish some of u PM guys could come help [/quote] If there is no water left, shouldn't you be getting all the tap water you can, boiling it, and storing it in tupperware and bottles?
Thy Geekdom Come Posted September 2, 2004 Posted September 2, 2004 [quote name='VeraMaria' date='Sep 2 2004, 07:08 PM'] Great, now police cars with bullhorns are coming through the streets yelling that people MUST evacuate. problem is WHERE? everythings booked out, shelters are overcrowded, and planes arent leaving :ph34r: [/quote] Uhoh...forced evacuation...no good... Prayers, Vera!
VeraMaria Posted September 2, 2004 Author Posted September 2, 2004 yes, as well as filling up bathtubs with as much water as we can. that's what I;m doing... we probably will have power till tomorrow afternoon after that it depends how close the hurricane strikes. if it astrikes us or broward county, it could be no power for up to three weeks if it doesnt we might get it back sunday or monday I HATE THIS HURRICANE SOO MUCH okay, I'm done complaining. at least i have a place to stay, unlike many others
VeraMaria Posted September 2, 2004 Author Posted September 2, 2004 Thanks, now I feel bad for complaining so much... I just really hate all these storms :ph34r:
Piccoli Fiori JMJ Posted September 2, 2004 Posted September 2, 2004 I would probably be doing the same thing if I was in your spot Vera! Don't worry! Storms are VERY stressful! Relax and trust in God! I'm praying for you!
Andrea348 Posted September 2, 2004 Posted September 2, 2004 I really admire all you Florida peeps. I would be having a nervous breakdown right now if a hurricane was that close to my house. I'm praying for all of you.
Archaeology cat Posted September 2, 2004 Posted September 2, 2004 I can't imagine how the people in southern Florida are doing it! I live in Jacksonville, and no one's sure about how much we'll get of the storm, but I just keep praying, and holding on to my rosary (really helps me a lot!) and trying to joke about it. That's the only way I'm staying sane. But if it comes this way, I'm going all the way to my old homeland in KY!
VeraMaria Posted September 2, 2004 Author Posted September 2, 2004 [url="http://www.weather.com/maps/news/francescloseupsatellite.html?from=home"]http://www.weather.com/maps/news/francescl....html?from=home[/url] [url="http://www.weather.com/maps/news/atlstorm6/francescloseupsatellite_large.html"]http://www.weather.com/maps/news/atlstorm6...lite_large.html[/url] wooo....:ph34r: The bad thing is you feel helpless and stuck here you can't get out and there's this huge monster the size of FL coming towards us
Piccoli Fiori JMJ Posted September 2, 2004 Posted September 2, 2004 It's HUGE! I'm praying! I would loose my mind if I were you Vera!
theculturewarrior Posted September 2, 2004 Posted September 2, 2004 Vera, I'm going to offer God the sacrifice of closing phatmass and praying hardcore for all our Floridians. God bless, (PS: It will be a sinner's rosary tonight...must repent my latest phorum adventures.)
Piccoli Fiori JMJ Posted September 2, 2004 Posted September 2, 2004 anyone know what category it is at presently???????
VeraMaria Posted September 2, 2004 Author Posted September 2, 2004 TCW God Bless you all Miami's gone mad...what would I do without PM...it keeps me from thinking about the Hurricane....well, as much as is possible with the weather channel on full blast downstairs and the wind and rain picking up...
VeraMaria Posted September 2, 2004 Author Posted September 2, 2004 [quote name='FutureNunJMJ' date='Sep 2 2004, 08:55 PM'] anyone know what category it is at presently??????? [/quote] It's Category 4...but t's only about 10-15 mph from being a Category 5 :ph34r:
Iacobus Posted September 3, 2004 Posted September 3, 2004 I will be glued to the NHC site and the weather channel.
VeraMaria Posted September 3, 2004 Author Posted September 3, 2004 "Hurricane Frances will tear through the bahamas tonight and is expected to make landfall in Florida Saturday...we will keep you updated on the storm which by sheer size and power has come to be known as possibly the worst storm in the nation's history. Now let's go to the Midwest where the weather will be beautiful all through labor day weekend...so if you want sunshine and blue sky, head to chicago...blablabla" That was TWC today So don't bother paying attention to Frances out here...go and enjoy your "beautiful midwestern september"
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now