Iacobus Posted September 3, 2004 Posted September 3, 2004 [quote name='VeraMaria' date='Sep 2 2004, 09:26 PM'] "Hurricane Frances will tear through the bahamas tonight and is expected to make landfall in Florida Saturday...we will keep you updated on the storm which by sheer size and power has come to be known as possibly the worst storm in the nation's history. Now let's go to the Midwest where the weather will be beautiful all through labor day weekend...so if you want sunshine and blue sky, head to chicago...blablabla" [/quote] LOL! Come to the Windy City (LOL though it has less winds than Miami tm.) We have big shoulders!!! LOL!
littleflower+JMJ Posted September 3, 2004 Posted September 3, 2004 OH VERA! i hope your okay!! stay safe! sprinkle holy water all over the place! put scapulars on doors if you can...... praying!!
VeraMaria Posted September 3, 2004 Author Posted September 3, 2004 you mean the pathetic bunch of seeds I put on a string?
Thy Geekdom Come Posted September 3, 2004 Posted September 3, 2004 [quote name='VeraMaria' date='Sep 3 2004, 01:04 AM'] you mean the pathetic bunch of seeds I put on a string? [/quote] Are you serious? That's an AWESOME substitute for trying to remain covert!
VeraMaria Posted September 3, 2004 Author Posted September 3, 2004 (edited) The one I sent Jacob did have a cross on it, so it's technically a rosary. I died the string and strung the seeds on it, and there were some left so what I did is I made myself a bracelet with the ones left...it's a decade. No one nees to know... my mom said "Oh, what a pretty bracelet ()" and the seeds slide around, so I can pray the rosary throughout the day and start where I left off w/o anyone noticing Edited September 3, 2004 by VeraMaria
Thy Geekdom Come Posted September 3, 2004 Posted September 3, 2004 [quote name='VeraMaria' date='Sep 3 2004, 11:59 AM'] The one I sent Jacob did have a cross on it, so it's technically a rosary. I died the string and strung the seeds on it, and there were some left so what I did is I made myself a bracelet with the ones left...it's a decade. No one nees to know... my mom said "Oh, what a pretty bracelet ()" and the seeds slide around, so I can pray the rosary throughout the day and start where I left off w/o anyone noticing [/quote] Your mom complimented you?! That's brilliant!
VeraMaria Posted September 3, 2004 Author Posted September 3, 2004 I know, it cracked me up In one of the car rides in Canada she saw me slide one bead after the other around and she told me to stop fidgeting with my bracelet ("it's be a pity to break it") while I was praying the rosary
Thy Geekdom Come Posted September 3, 2004 Posted September 3, 2004 [quote name='VeraMaria' date='Sep 3 2004, 12:54 PM'] I know, it cracked me up In one of the car rides in Canada she saw me slide one bead after the other around and she told me to stop fidgeting with my bracelet ("it's be a pity to break it") while I was praying the rosary [/quote] That's something that needs to be put in Butler's Lives of the Saints someday under your name...
VeraMaria Posted September 3, 2004 Author Posted September 3, 2004 Haha, I wish.... Actually, not really...I'd much rather strive to be a hidden saint ... You're more likely to be a saint than I am Micah Actually, a lot of you seem to be very very /holy Maybe they will call a group the "PHatmass Saints of the 21st century" :rotfl:
Iacobus Posted September 3, 2004 Posted September 3, 2004 [quote name='VeraMaria' date='Sep 3 2004, 12:04 AM'] you mean the pathetic bunch of seeds I put on a string? [/quote] I like it better than the one my mum got me. My old Pio rosary went missing and my mum got me a nice glass (I think) one. I like it, it is pretty and all. But it is just... I don't know pretty? Yours is much more plain. And I like that. Hidden Saints are cool. I never want to be recongized as a Saint. Well I do... but I don't. I like it when people don't know what I did for them. So attention giving to the saints would be too much for me. But you never know.
Thy Geekdom Come Posted September 3, 2004 Posted September 3, 2004 [quote name='VeraMaria' date='Sep 3 2004, 01:09 PM'] Haha, I wish.... Actually, not really...I'd much rather strive to be a hidden saint ... You're more likely to be a saint than I am Micah Actually, a lot of you seem to be very very /holy Maybe they will call a group the "PHatmass Saints of the 21st century" :rotfl: [/quote] No. You're far holier than I. All you need is to learn to control your temper with your family's impatience and you're all set.
VeraMaria Posted September 3, 2004 Author Posted September 3, 2004 [quote name='Iacobus' date='Sep 3 2004, 07:01 PM'] Hidden Saints are cool. I never want to be recongized as a Saint. Well I do... but I don't. I like it when people don't know what I did for them. So attention giving to the saints would be too much for me. But you never know. [/quote] Same here. I want to help people though...like St Therese [quote]I like it better than the one my mum got me. My old Pio rosary went missing and my mum got me a nice glass (I think) one. I like it, it is pretty and all. But it is just... I don't know pretty? Yours is much more plain. And I like that. [/quote] Glad you liked it. You're the only person I know apart from myself who prefers simple, sturdy rosaries (wooden beads, for ex) to delicate pretty ones, lol.
Iacobus Posted September 3, 2004 Posted September 3, 2004 [quote name='VeraMaria' date='Sep 3 2004, 05:05 PM'] Glad you liked it. You're the only person I know apart from myself who prefers simple, sturdy rosaries (wooden beads, for ex) to delicate pretty ones, lol. [/quote] GMTA. Doesn't everyone?
VeraMaria Posted September 3, 2004 Author Posted September 3, 2004 Yep, it's coming towards you Mike....be careful!
MichaelFilo Posted September 4, 2004 Posted September 4, 2004 It maybe comming, but it won't be too bad. Maybe it's because I prayed the rosary for the first time in several months. Who knows? God bless, Mikey
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now