An Old School Catholic Message Board

What Is This Catholic Church?

Trooper4DaHolyG

If I wish to truly know what the Baptist church teaches, I will go to the Baptist Church(es) and ask.

If I wish to truly know what Muslims believe, I will go to a Muslim reference(s) and ask.

If I wanted to know the history of Malaysia, I would ask a Malaysian historian or go to a Malaysian document(s).

Then and only then would I go to another reference.  i.e. after I find out what Baptists believe from their own mouth would I go to another reference and see how that compares to the first.

Why would the Catholic Church lie about what they teach?

I COMPLETELY agree with you, marielapin. I was trying to put it into words, you did it for me :o:huh: :D !

Those people like Marc from the God fellowship site think they know it all though they've never heard it from the horse's mouth. <_<

Why would the Catholic Church lie about what they teach?

Exactly! ;)

Anyone who thinks that they are serving God the way God wants them to, is Catholic by desire and follows the Church founded by Christ unknowingly.

here's my biblical repsonse.

I've been reading proverbs lately... i've decided that the opposite of a wise person would be a fool.

here's my biblical repsonse.

I've been reading proverbs lately... i've decided that the opposite of a wise person would be a fool.

I'm not sure I understand. What does that passage from Proverbs have to do with what's being discussed?

Also in proverbs it says...

"trust in the Lord with all your heart

lean not on your own understanding."

God is much more smarter than us.

Are you saying it's wrong for Catholics to listen to the Church's teachings? When the Church teaches us, it's God teaching us. There's no conflict between the teaching of God and the teachings of the Church.

And as for leaning not on your own understanding, isn't this what happens when people come to all these different biblical conclusions? God doesn't guide people to different conclusions.

Trooper4DaHolyG

I also do agree with you Dave that God is not the author of Confusion, there is scripture to back that up. But who is being confused? I don't think any of us! We can't keep on having sissy debates, how do you know you are right? well how do you know you are right, its making me sick because its going around in circles!

I accept the fact all Christians are different, it makes us a unique and weird bunch.

If the Holy G spoke to me in the same way he spoke to you I would be shattered, I don't feel we're @ the same level (not inferring who is better or higher, just @ different levels).

The Bible to me is more than just litterature and fact, I hate fact because it is substantitaed by the world as true. I as a Christian want to be different in what I believe in, I want the only think that I fully believe in is my faith in Christ Jesus and the Bible as my source and tool of new refresing power. For I believe if the bible is read with fully understanding and importanty of the Holy Spirit it is a tool for Divine Healing, Freedom and Power.

Edited by Trooper4DaHolyG

I also do agree with you Dave that God is not the author of Confusion, there is scripture to back that up. But who is being confused? I don't think any of us! We can't keep on having sissy debates, how do you know you are right? well how do you know you are right, its making me sick because its going around in circles!

I accept the fact all Christians are different, it makes us a unique and weird bunch.

If the Holy G spoke to me in the same way he spoke to you I would be shattered, I don't feel we're @ the same level (not inferring who is better or higher, just @ different levels).

The Bible to me is more than just litterature and fact, I hate fact because it is substantitaed by the world as true. I as a Christian want to be different in what I believe in, I would not be the only think that I fully believe in his my faith in Christ Jesus and the Bible as my source and tool of new refresing power. For I believe if the bible is read with fully understanding and importanty of the Holy Spirit it is a tool for Divine Healing, Freedom and Power.

How do I know I'm right? It's not about me being right; it's about the Catholic Church being right. Jesus guaranteed that would be the case.

Yes, Christians are different in that they believe different things, but is that really what Jesus wanted? Not at all!

I never said the Bible was JUST literature and fact, and no one else has said that either. We believe it's part of the inspired, infallible Word of God. However, as I and others have said before, lots of people come to different conclusions about the Bible and yet say the Holy Spirit led them to it. Well, you say a particular passage in the Bible means one thing; we say said passage means something else. Who's right? Someone has to be wrong; we can't both be right. So isn't there a real possibility you could be wrong?

Trooper4DaHolyG

there is 100% no chance we are wrong in these intepretations

,because as much as much as you hate this phrase (oh the vanity) "The Holy Spirit leads us"

as what i said he is not just going to tell us different things, its not just what we believe, but also what we do and how we handle things and what convictional sins we have. The Holy G is relevant to our lives.

How do you know Jesus didn't want us to be different? We are unified by him, but different in this world. Do you not agree?

< in light of all this, I am not saying you are wrong >

Edited by Trooper4DaHolyG