An Old School Catholic Message Board

Dear Ayed,

Cure of Ars

Dear Ayed,

I would like to talk with you about religion. I have never discussed religion with a Moslem before so I have a lot to learn. From what I have been taught we both believe in one God. We both believe in the Old Testament prophets. We both believe that Jesus was a prophet. There are also a lot that we don’t agree with. I want to start by talking about God and I have a question. As a member of Islam, what is the greatest and most important attribute of Allah? I think the discussion over this question will help us understand each other better. God bless

We both believe that Jesus was a prophet.

Actually, if you are a Christian, you do not believe that Jesus was a prophet. You believe He fulfilled what the OT prophets prophesied about. Jesus was the Son of God, not a mere prophet.

Actually, if you are a Christian, you do not believe that Jesus was a prophet.  You believe He fulfilled what the OT prophets prophesied about.  Jesus was the Son of God, not a mere prophet.

I did not say that he was only a prophet. The Catechism clearly teaches that he was a prophet though.

436: The word "Christ" comes from the Greek translation of the Hebrew Messiah, which means "anointed." It became the name proper to Jesus only because he accomplished perfectly the divine mission that "Christ" signifies. In effect, in Israel those consecrated to God for a mission that he gave were anointed in his name. This was the case for kings, for priests and, in rare instances, for prophets. This had to be the case all the more so for the Messiah whom God would send to inaugurate his kingdom definitively. It was necessary that the Messiah be anointed by the Spirit of the Lord at once as king and priest, and also as prophet. Jesus fulfilled the messianic hope of Israel in his threefold office of priest, prophet, and king.
Edited by Cure of Ars

My dear. Mr.Cure of Ars

I will , by Allah's will, contribute in this issue soon.

Could you mention any name of the Creator, Allah as I prepare answers for your question?I hope that.

Thank you in advance

ayed4all@hotmail.com

My dear. Mr.Cure of Ars

I will , by Allah's will, contribute in this issue soon.

Could you mention any name of the Creator, Allah as I prepare answers for your question?I hope that.

Thank you in advance

ayed4all@hotmail.com

I don't understand your question? Do you mean do I have a problem with using the word Allah for God? I don't just like I don't have a problem using the word Dios when talking with someone who is from mexico. Take your time if you have stuff going on. Allah bless

Edited by Cure of Ars

Ayed by the way. Here are a couple of Avatars that you might like. I would have used some with writing but I did not know what they said.

post-3-1064555325.jpg

Dear Cure of Ars

Hi, How are you ? How you doing?

I would like to say thank you for being a member of Islam--Islam is an arabic word means “absolute submission to only single Deity--God”

I cannot clearly read these images because they are small .

The attributes mentioned in the Qur 'an and the Sunnah(prophetic Hadiths--sayings)are of two types:

1. Individual attributes

2. Attributes of actions.

Individual Attributes

Those are the attributes that are fixed constituents of Allah, constant parts of His very being. They include knowledge, life, power, hearing, seeing, the face, the hands, speech, sovereignty, majesty, exaltation, self sufficiency, mercy and wisdom.

The Attributes of Actions

Those are the attributes connected with Allah's Will and Power, such as His occupation of the Throne, His descent, marveling, laughter, pleasure, love, detestation, wrath, joy, anger, stratagem and cunning.

Our obligation towards both types of attributes is confirming their ascription to Allah, Glorious and Mighty is He, in accordance with meanings that befit His perfection. Those are the real meanings that are devoid of any comparison, negation, or false interpretation.

Allah’s names , 99 :

Allah The Manifest The Last

The Just The Forgiving The Oft-Pardoning

The Singular The Highest The High

The All Knowing The Most Magnificent The First

The Mighty The Munificent The Extender

The Originator The Inward The All Seeing

The Generous The Judge, The Opener The Forgiving

The Oft-Forgiving The Most Forgiving The All Forgiving

The Director The Guardian The All-wise

The Judge The Most Forebearing The One who is Praised

The Truth The Reckoner The Shy

Al-Hayy ul-Qayyoom The Living The Deity

The Compeller The Beautiful The Bestower of Good

The Kind The Creator The Sufficient

The Most Great The All Aware The Sufficient

The Master & Owner The Preventer The King

The Most Glorious The Bestower The Most Strong

The Clear The Starter The Sufficient

The Everwaching

The Self Sufficient, The Rich

The Most Subtle,The Kind

The One Who Does What He Wills

The Recaller,The One Who Repeats Creation)

What prophet , Muhammad said about these names is this :

In the books of Sahih Muslim and Bukhari (8:419): Narrated Abu Huraira that Allah’s Prophet said “Allah has ninety-nine Names, i.e., one hundred minus one, and whoever 'ahsaha' [enumerates them, believes in them, ponders their meanings, worships Allah by them and supplicates with them, and acts by them according to one's belief in them] will enter Paradise; and Allah is Witr ("Odd", i.e. He is one, and it is an odd number) and loves 'the Witr' (i.e., odd numbers).

If you want the meaning of these names in Arabic and english , kindly, log on this :

http://99-names.com/99-names/SiteIndex.shtml

If you want to ask me personally , please do not hesitate either in private message or puplic.

Thank you in advance

Ayed

:)

ayed4all@hotmail.com

Dear Cure of Ars

Hi, How are you ? How you doing?

I would like to say thank you for being a member of Islam--Islam is an arabic word means “absolute submission to only single Deity--God”

I cannot clearly read these images because they are small .

The attributes mentioned in the Qur 'an and the Sunnah(prophetic Hadiths--sayings)are of two types:

1. Individual attributes

2. Attributes of actions.

Individual Attributes

Those are the attributes that are fixed constituents of Allah, constant parts of His very being. They include knowledge, life, power, hearing, seeing, the face, the hands, speech, sovereignty, majesty, exaltation, self sufficiency, mercy and wisdom.

The Attributes of Actions

Those are the attributes connected with Allah's Will and Power, such as His occupation of the Throne, His descent, marveling, laughter, pleasure, love, detestation, wrath, joy, anger, stratagem and cunning.

Our obligation towards both types of attributes is confirming their ascription to Allah, Glorious and Mighty is He, in accordance with meanings that befit His perfection. Those are the real meanings that are devoid of any comparison, negation, or false interpretation.

Allah’s names , 99 :

Allah The Manifest The Last

The Just The Forgiving The Oft-Pardoning

The Singular The Highest The High

The All Knowing The Most Magnificent The First

The Mighty The Munificent The Extender

The Originator The Inward The All Seeing

The Generous The Judge, The Opener The Forgiving

The Oft-Forgiving The Most Forgiving The All Forgiving

The Director The Guardian The All-wise

The Judge The Most Forebearing The One who is Praised

The Truth The Reckoner The Shy

Al-Hayy ul-Qayyoom The Living The Deity

The Compeller The Beautiful The Bestower of Good

The Kind The Creator The Sufficient

The Most Great The All Aware The Sufficient

The Master & Owner The Preventer The King

The Most Glorious The Bestower The Most Strong

The Clear The Starter The Sufficient

The Everwaching

The Self Sufficient, The Rich

The Most Subtle,The Kind

The One Who Does What He Wills

The Recaller,The One Who Repeats Creation)

What prophet , Muhammad said about these names is this :

In the books of Sahih Muslim and Bukhari (8:419): Narrated Abu Huraira that Allah’s Prophet said “Allah has ninety-nine Names, i.e., one hundred minus one, and whoever 'ahsaha' [enumerates them, believes in them, ponders their meanings, worships Allah by them and supplicates with them, and acts by them according to one's belief in them] will enter Paradise; and Allah is Witr ("Odd", i.e. He is one, and it is an odd number) and loves 'the Witr' (i.e., odd numbers).

If you want the meaning of these names in Arabic and english , kindly, log on this :

http://99-names.com/99-names/SiteIndex.shtml

If you want to ask me personally , please do not hesitate either in private message or puplic.

Thank you in advance

Ayed

:)

ayed4all@hotmail.com

I did not say that he was only a prophet.  The Catechism clearly teaches that he was a prophet though.

You are correct. Christ was a priest, prophet. I completely misunderstood you. My bad.