An Old School Catholic Message Board

My Husband Wants Us To Move

homeschoolmom

[url="http://www.edinarealty.com/Listing/ListingDetail.aspx?Search=1289cecc-307e-4376-a6f5-4617dc055838&Listing=3649111&Image=1&First=1&Last=2&pagesize=10&SearchType=geographic&ListingDistrictTypeID=&FirstLetter=&Sort=1&Cookies"]http://www.edinarealty.com/Listing/Listing...&Sort=1&Cookies[/url]

:unsure:

Thy Geekdom Come

Wow...that's kinda wierd...

$79,900 for 4730 sq. ft.? You've got to be kidding me...houses are cheap where you live...

My house is 3500 (including the finished basement) and it's worth $250,000!

I wish [b][i]I[/i][/b] could buy a cheap house...

:P

It's huge for the price. Actually, I would love to live in a church. It has stained glass etc. I'm quirky like that... plus it has two kitchens! a homeschoolers dream...

[quote name='Raphael' date='Sep 10 2004, 03:25 PM'] Wow...that's kinda wierd...

$79,900 for 4730 sq. ft.? You've got to be kidding me...houses are cheap where you live...

My house is 3500 (including the finished basement) and it's worth $250,000!

I wish [b][i]I[/i][/b] could buy a cheap house...

:P [/quote]
Actually, this house is twice the size of ours and about a third of the price. If you'll notice, it's in Elbow Lake, MN (wherever the heck that is...)

The last oddball house he wanted us to buy was an old funeral parlor.... $80,000... 5400 sq ft. So what if it's in the middle of Nowhere South Dakota...?

I'm thinking it would be really fun to live in an old church. The rooms are huge. What if it's like an Uber Lutheran town and they freak out cuz we turn the old Lutheran church into a Catholic home... statues in the garden...

And can you imagine inside? There's stained glass already... so, a few crucifixes and statues...

[color=red]
I really want to do this!!!![/color]

That would actually be really cool HSMom. I have a friend whose family lives in an old Baptist church. It's awesome, they have so much room.

I say go for it :cool:

As I'm sitting here churning this over in my mind, I'm thinking, "this would be sooooo cooooool..." We could buy it now, use it as a weekend place for a couple of years. then sell our house and move there!!!

:o
I just looked at the rest of the inside photos... there are maps hanging in the kitchen!!! These people even decorate like I do! I'd bet anything they're homeschoolers....