An Old School Catholic Message Board

My Husband Wants Us To Move

homeschoolmom

[quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Sep 10 2004, 03:30 PM'] Actually, this house is twice the size of ours and about a third of the price. If you'll notice, it's in Elbow Lake, MN (wherever the heck that is...) [/quote]
oops... I meant a fourth of the price... Oh, I wanna do this....

We soooooooo want to get out of the "suburban" life... with the keeping up with the Joneses, hour long commutes to work in heavy traffic, good income that only let's you tread water...

In this "new" life HSdad could get his PhD. and/or teach college (the U of M has a campus nearby), write, work at home... whatever... we'd see him so much more...

We'd get out from under the mortgage... we could breathe...

Oh, I stand corrected. The funeral parlor was in a town in Wisconsin near our college... the house in Nowhere, SD was a former school...

littleflower+JMJ

[quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Sep 10 2004, 06:12 PM'] We soooooooo want to get out of the "suburban" life... with the keeping up with the Joneses, hour long commutes to work in heavy traffic, good income that only let's you tread water...

In this "new" life HSdad could get his PhD. and/or teach college (the U of M has a campus nearby), write, work at home... whatever... we'd see him so much more...

We'd get out from under the mortgage... we could breathe... [/quote]
wow go for it hsmom!

i think it would be wonderful and a chance you should take........

im giong to need one like that if i plan to have the catholic dozen hahaha

i wouldn't let it pass me by.......go for it! sounds wonderful!

[quote name='Phazzan' date='Sep 10 2004, 10:23 PM'] Does it have a confession box? [/quote]
:lol: I dunno... but I could have one put in... It's been pretty much stripped of its churchiness... except for the stained glass window.

[quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Sep 10 2004, 10:31 PM'] :lol: I dunno... but I could have one put in... It's been pretty much stripped of its churchiness... except for the stained glass window. [/quote]
I hope there's an underground dungeon somewhere. That would be cool...

[quote name='Phazzan' date='Sep 10 2004, 10:37 PM'] I hope there's an underground dungeon somewhere. That would be cool... [/quote]
That would be cool... (but homeschoolers with a dungeon? Social services would have a field day with that!)

My neighbor wanted to know if there was a graveyard in the back...

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Sep 10 2004, 11:39 PM'] My neighbor wanted to know if there was a graveyard in the back... [/quote]
It would explain that low, low price. :lol:

I love it!!!!!! Using buildings not intended for homes as homes is a very cool thing. Some of my favs are firehouses, warehouses.........and of course Churches!!!!!!! DO IT!!!!!!