MichaelFilo Posted September 13, 2004 Posted September 13, 2004 Today I went into class, and an open discussion insued, in which I pointed out that nowadays womean and men work, but that women still play the caretaker of the home role, as it should be, as it was before, and as it will be forever. I of course stated that sometimes they are exceptions to the rule. I think I offended my teacher. Being an Iraqi born child, political correctness never was something I got, and being a Catholic, I despised the apathy for such things that would keep such topics left unmentioned lest someone be offended. Was I wrong for saying what I did? I don't think so, but you guys are more American than me, and could shed some light. God bless, Mikey
Socrates Posted September 14, 2004 Posted September 14, 2004 Heck no, you're not wrong! Keep standing up for what's right and fight the thought police!!! By the way, political incorrectness is not unAmerican! Political correctness is a neo-Marxist aberration (I'd say abomination!) that did not exist in America prior to the eighties or so. It's an attempt (began in universities) by radical leftists to control the thoughts of citizens, so that opposing their lies would be a "crime."
Kilroy the Ninja Posted September 14, 2004 Posted September 14, 2004 [quote name='Socrates' date='Sep 13 2004, 09:31 PM'] Heck no, you're not wrong! Keep standing up for what's right and fight the thought police!!! By the way, political incorrectness is not unAmerican! Political correctness is a neo-Marxist aberration (I'd say abomination!) that did not exist in America prior to the eighties or so. It's an attempt (began in universities) by radical leftists to control the thoughts of citizens, so that opposing their lies would be a "crime." [/quote] You are the man! Even if you might be a woman! Either way you rock! PC is the work of Satan!
track2004 Posted September 14, 2004 Posted September 14, 2004 I think that you have the right to say what you did, but sometimes in open conversations espically, its important to say that whatever you say is your opinion. Because personally, if you are so sure I, as a girl, should be in charge of the home stuffs, you had better not be expecting me to work. I would love to be a stay at home mom (when I grow up) but if that can't happen I expect my husband to help with the kids because I help with the income. I just think that in conversations with people personal beliefs need to be expressed as such. Just because you think that women should and always will assume that role, your teacher may not and even though you may be correct, she won't care what you say if you berate her and her role as a mother.
MorphRC Posted September 14, 2004 Posted September 14, 2004 If Immorality of sexuality doesnt bring down the West. PC will...
Phazzan Posted September 14, 2004 Posted September 14, 2004 I wouldn't go as far as saying political correctness is the work of Satan. It is a weakness.
MorphRC Posted September 14, 2004 Posted September 14, 2004 Ditto. PC was ok, IE: Dont call a black person N.. u know. But now its like you cant call a woman, woman, u gotta call her Lady or Ms, or Miss if she is a leso. its stupid
lifeteenchick527 Posted September 14, 2004 Posted September 14, 2004 [quote name='Paladin D' date='Sep 13 2004, 09:10 PM'] Political correctness is disgusting. [/quote] mikey...i have to agree with ^^ on this God Bless hope all goes well!!
White Knight Posted September 14, 2004 Posted September 14, 2004 Unfornunately this is one of the Liberial's strongest weapons against the Republician/Conservative party. Also, Dallas is correct, its disgusting all together.
franciscanheart Posted September 14, 2004 Posted September 14, 2004 Political correctness is a bunch of bolognia!! Don't worry about it! You were right!
Socrates Posted September 14, 2004 Posted September 14, 2004 [quote name='Kilroy the Ninja' date='Sep 13 2004, 11:14 PM'] You are the man! Even if you might be a woman! [/quote] I'm no woman! I'm a man, baby! (What are you? Kilroy sounds like a guy's name, but you've got that cute anime ninja-chick on your profile!)
musturde Posted September 15, 2004 Posted September 15, 2004 Well, what you said wasnt that offensive. I could see how it could be offensive but if some other person but the momma raises the child, how's he gunna end up? Now, Arnold's wife was talking about this. She said that a woman shouldnt be afraid to say she's a mom and a housewife. That's a hard job itself that women should be proud of. (She was on Oprah and Oprah gave her a high five and started getting all crayzee lol)
reelguy227 Posted September 15, 2004 Posted September 15, 2004 (edited) Political Correctness is a bunch of carp I tell ya .A bunch of carp !! Edited September 15, 2004 by reelguy227
BeenaBobba Posted September 15, 2004 Posted September 15, 2004 Hi Michael, No, I don't think what you said was offensive. Mothers are and will always be the primary nurturer. Women can do this best when they're at home with their children. (I'm not trying to say that women who work will neglet their children; I'm just saying that a woman staying at home with her children is ideal.) If I have to work for financial reasons, then I'll work (and expect my husband to help around the house). If I don't have to work, I'd much rather stay home with my future kids. I'd like to write, and I like that I could do that at home as well. God bless, Jen
MichaelFilo Posted September 15, 2004 Author Posted September 15, 2004 Thanks guys. I didn't want to anger the feminazis in my class. The teacher is a self proclaimed feminist, but not terribly that much, she just doens't like being told women have a role in life different from men >.<. God bless, Mikey
Paladin D Posted September 15, 2004 Posted September 15, 2004 Political correctness can have it's uses and does has a positive side to it. But overall, it's a wacked thinking.
BeenaBobba Posted September 15, 2004 Posted September 15, 2004 I've never understood radical feminism. I'm an intelligent woman (not to sound vain), and I could probably do well on the career path. To me, though, I'd much rather be a good wife and mother. It's just more important to me. My mom stayed at home with my brother and I, and I loved it. People would always ask her what she did for a living. She'd answer that she stays home raising two children. She's said that a lot of people would look down on her for that, and that annoys me. What's so trivial and unimportant about raising children, the future generation? It's one of the most important jobs! It seems to me that many women are realizing this nowadays, and it also seems that more women are staying home with their children. God bless, Jen
BeenaBobba Posted September 15, 2004 Posted September 15, 2004 Anyhow, I don't think the whole PC thing is necessarily bad, but what irks me is that many people take it too far. I mean, obviously, people shouldn't call African-Americans "n****r," but is there really a difference between black and African-American? PC culture would make it seem that there is, and I think that's ridiculous. I've heard people get offended when someone called a Mexican Mexican. I mean, honestly! God bless, Jen
reelguy227 Posted September 15, 2004 Posted September 15, 2004 Political correctness is yet again just plain stupid ,im so sick of liberals and their antics . Feminism is just plain stupid also ,what BeenaBobba said is what women should be ,good speech Beena by the way.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now