Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

I Feel Just Terrible


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

aww I promise she won't be in that much pain :) This type of operation isn't that serious :)

[quote]  The paws are bandaged before the cat regains consciousness.  Compression bandages are usually removed the day after surgery.  Most cats are sent home 1-2 days after the surgery.  Cats are in some pain during the immediate postoperative period, but most are comfortable by the time they are released from the veterinarian’s care.  For the first week or so, a newly declawed cat may step gingerly.  However, they recover rapidly and usually without complication.  The younger a cat is, the faster the recovery.  Young cats often show no discomfort within days after the procedure. [/quote]

Direct from a Veterinary Hospital site :) See kitty won't feel any pain, they say that they only feel pain right after the procedure but they are fine by the time they are discharge from the Vet hospital :)

Edited by StColette
Mrs. Bro. Adam
Posted

All depending. I talk to the vet, and they said that they don't drug the cats they do up, like other vets do, because if the cat's drugged up, they're not going to feel anything, and are going to make themselves hurt even more. So, I'm sure that she'll have some pain (she's about 2), and anytime my cat's in pain, it makes me sad :(

Posted

[quote name='Phazzan' date='Sep 15 2004, 08:33 AM'] Shame on you MBA! Just think about what you've put that poor cat through... :(

Poor poor cat :( [/quote]
don't be such a hater phazzan...our poor MBA is obviously stressed about the situation. Plus housecats don't need frigin claws..all they do is destry stuff with them

Posted

MBA your cat will still love you.

Posted

[quote name='Mrs. Bro. Adam' date='Sep 15 2004, 08:48 AM'] $$$$ She's already cost us over $200 in damages to our apartment, and we've lost the deposit because of her. She's an indoor cat, so she doesn't really need them to defend herself, cause she's not even allowed out of the apartment.


We would've had it done last year, but we didn't think we had the $$$ then, but she's cost us more than we can handle. So, she's gotta get declawed.


:sadder: I'm doing it because I love her. She's constantly getting scolded and getting in trouble for using her instincts, so, by getting her declawed, she won't be getting scolded or in trouble for scratching up things, cause her instincts are kicking in. I love her, and I know she's going to be in pain :sadder: [/quote]
I don't believe what you did was wrong at all... I'm sure your cat would rather be a house cat with no claws than a cat with claws outside. A small price to pay to live inside.

Mrs. Bro. Adam
Posted

I was talking to a friend, and thought, one advantage for her will be that she gets to play with me, her mommy, more cause her mommy, me, won't have to worry about getting scratched up! :)

Posted

We've always gotten our cats declawed. Inside is where cats belong. They live longer and happier lives. Outside cats die from disease, dogs, other cats, cars, etc. For those who haven't yet gotten their cats declawed, get just the front claws done. Cats will defend themselves mostly with their rear claws but need their front claws for climbing and hunting. Once a cat is declawed (even just the front) it [b]must[/b] be an inside cat. Keeping the rear claws is for just incase they accidently get out.

MBA, your cat will forgive you. They always do. :cool:

Mrs. Bro. Adam
Posted

:wub: Awww, jasjis, that makes me feel better...it really does! :wub:

Posted

I don't think she'll hold this against you. In fact, she will associate you with all the cuddling and spoiling that she's going to receive...

Mrs. Bro. Adam
Posted

Between 21 and 23 hours until I get to see her again! :)

Posted

Are you going to start a thread for pet owners whose pets are out of town?

Mrs. Bro. Adam
Posted

:laugh: I dunno..should I? ;) :laugh:

Posted

I'm thinking it would be a lonely thread... but anything goes on the Lame board...

Mrs. Bro. Adam
Posted
:cry: I got her today at about 2:15, and she cried all the way home :cry:


Her paws are pretty swollen, too! :sadder:
IcePrincessKRS
Posted

Just cuddle her Teresa. Erica will be better in no time. :wub:

Posted

[quote]We've always gotten our cats declawed. Inside is where cats belong. They live longer and happier lives. Outside cats die from disease, dogs, other cats, cars, etc. For those who haven't yet gotten their cats declawed, get just the front claws done. Cats will defend themselves mostly with their rear claws but need their front claws for climbing and hunting. Once a cat is declawed (even just the front) it must be an inside cat. Keeping the rear claws is for just incase they accidently get out.[/quote]


For those of you who are pro-declawing,you do know that the cut the ends of thier toes off, right? Sounds brutal and barbaric to me.

Mrs. Bro. Adam
Posted

I'm very well aware of that, however,Pete-ster, it's more brutal and barbaric for those who have indoor cats to leave them undeclawed, and cause their cats to get in trouble. It's not fair to the cats to get in trouble for using their instincts, now is it?

Mrs. Bro. Adam
Posted

Katie:

I would cuddle her, but I was told to leave her alone until she makes the move to show that she wants to be cuddled/be paid attention to.

IcePrincessKRS
Posted

Awww..... :( Well I guess you can talk to her soothingly then...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...