An Old School Catholic Message Board

"Holy Shivers"

FutureSoror

Do you get that tingly feeling that comes from deep down?  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Often, more often in church or while I'm listening to moving music, I get this 'Soul Shiver' that seems to come from the soul, or from God. It's kind of comforting and gets me to turn my thoughts to God. I was just wondering how many people get this and what your thoughts are on it.

Happen in Church during the singing mostly, but happen when I pray before I sleep.

I break down in adoration though... crying and all... but this happens only when I am alone in adoration.

God bless,

Mikey

Yes...... esp as I am walking up to take Communion, or taking it. Sometimes tears come to my eyes............ the crying part can be embarrassing so I try to hide it.

It's interesting. I didn't expect a unanimous response, though I expected a lot of people to say yes. It's interesting how different people get them at different times. I get them while listening to music more than at church, but I'm a very musical person. I wonder where it really comes from?

I get it quite a bit. My favorite though is when it actually comes during a time of temptation, I usually think of it as God showing me what it is I really need to do or be thinking about! :)

Edited by WillT

It happens more when I am sad...very surreal feeling. I wouldn't trade the cross of sorrow for the world.

Our Lady of Sorrows, Pray for us! They who sow with tears shall reap rejoicing!