An Old School Catholic Message Board

"Holy Shivers"

FutureSoror

Do you get that tingly feeling that comes from deep down?  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='FutureSoror' date='Sep 19 2004, 09:23 PM'] It's interesting. I didn't expect a unanimous response, though I expected a lot of people to say yes. It's interesting how different people get them at different times. I get them while listening to music more than at church, but I'm a very musical person. I wonder where it really comes from? [/quote]
The Holy Ghost!

i dunno if it's really a "soul shiver" when i get 'em... whenever i pray, or i'm in the presence of someone praying/a holy place, i just kinda do this quick little shiver thing where my whole body just shakes quickly all the way up my spine. It's not a violent shake, but it is rather quick and sudden... I've always thought there might be some sort of association between it, but i've never been really sure as to whether or not i'm over analyzing it until now, when i read that i'm not the only one... lol

shweeetness

God Bless!
~nate

I get them as well...at different times but mostly during the mass when in meditation or in prayer or other times as well...but i definatly expereince them. *shivvers!*

Err it seems people don't get them violently. I tend to have spasms and the likes during Mass. It can be violent at times, and it doesn't cease for a while after receiving the Eucharist. Yes the music during Mass is usually when it happens, although during the creed it happens as well. When praying at night trying to ask for assistence to avoid sin, it's common.

God bless,

Mikey

TrinityAddiction

Just yesterday at mass, I was singing with the youth choir... "Lord, When You Came to the Seashore" to be exact, I was getting goosebumps up and down my arms like crazy... especially during the chorus...

"O Lord, in my eyes You were gazing, kindly smiling, [u]my name You were saying[/u]. All I treasured, I have left on the sand there. Close to You, I will find other seas.

The underlined is what really got it started for me... dont know why, but yes, I get them, too.

Yessum. I sure do. I get em holy shivers sometimes. And I loooooooooooove it. Kinda of reminds me of The Lion King.

"Mufassa!!!!!!!"
"Ooohooohooo....say it again."
"MUFASSA MUFASSA MUFASSA!!!!"
"OOOHOOOOOOO!"

.......heh heh :P

TrinityAddiction

[quote name='J.P.' date='Sep 27 2004, 11:28 PM'] Yessum. I sure do. I get em holy shivers sometimes. And I loooooooooooove it. Kinda of reminds me of The Lion King.

"Mufassa!!!!!!!"
"OOOHOOOOOOO!"

.......heh heh :P [/quote]
:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

I get them sometimes after the Consecration

Like goosebumps
Making me bow lower

Like a strange wind
Making me shelter my eyes

Like a call to surrender
Making my heart catch fire...

[quote name='J.P.' date='Sep 28 2004, 12:28 AM'] "Mufassa!!!!!!!"
"OOOHOOOOOOO!" [/quote]
:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

i usually get it when exposed to a new idea that i'd never considered, or never considered so deeply. it's like God's saying: "Yup, you can sink yer teeth into that one. THAT is TRUTH." It's not overpowering, but it encourages me to seek truth more than i would otherwise.

And, like everyone else here, i thought i was the only one!

Peace,
Joe