An Old School Catholic Message Board

Mrs. Bro Adam

mulls

Kilroy the Ninja

To what? What exactly was your question? Please post a debateable question - other than the ambiguous, is there anything you'd like to discuss - or I'm moving this thread.

Thanks.

I have two questions for Mrs Bro Adam:
1. If I was to make the same comment about Catholics on one of the phorums that you moderate here, would I be warned and censored?
2. When are you going to change your signature to conform with the phorum guidelines?

Actually, I don't think Mrs. Bro Adam is technically Catholic at this time. I'm not sure. If she is Catholic, it is very recent (within the last few months), though Bro Adam is Catholic now. (For some reason I don't think they joined the Catholic Church at the same time. It wasn't a big point to me becaus I saw how they were responding to God's grace so I knew it was going to happen.)

I think her sig is being interpreted as possibly offensive because you don't know the context of the story of her faith journey. It's generally known here, and I believe the question about her sig is a legitimate one if you are willing to be open-minded to an answer that is not hateful of Protestants. Both Bro Adam and Mrs. Bro Adam are devout, sincere, and committed Christians, whose response to the call of Christianity and Grace has led them to the Catholic Church. Wether they are Catholic or not, did not have much to do with them being moderators on the NFP Board. As Christians, their beliefs lined up with the Christian teachings of the Catholic Church on this subject and they asked to be moderators (and asked for the creation of that phorum) because of their passion and commitment to the subject.

Mrs. Bro. Adam

Ok...first of all, you all need to realize that the only time that I am on the internet is at work, and second of all, it very well may take a few days for me to reply. With that said, if you can allow yourself to be patient, and not get edgy or jump to conclusions, I will humor you and 'debate' whatever you'd like.

BTW- Wasn't it an unspoken rule that only those involved in the debate of the thread (i.e. the person addressed to be debated) were supposed to be the only ones posting on it? Just curious. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Mrs. Bro. Adam

[quote name='MorphRC' date='Sep 24 2004, 07:48 AM'] Mrs. Werent you a Protestant before? Dont you think it could come over as hypocritical to others? [/quote]
1. Yes, I was a Protestant before, and technically could still be called one. My reconciliation to the Church has not been made yet, however, I am in the process of it.

2. No. How can something true be offensive? Protestants, many, many of them, come to conclusions without studying the topic of Catholicism, or just studying it from another Protestant's point of view. When does one become unignorant? When they face the truth for what it is, not what others claim it to be.

Mrs. Bro. Adam

[quote name='mulls' date='Sep 24 2004, 10:05 AM'] just waiting for a response [/quote]
Was not at work and could not reply because I had no immediate, reliable access to internet. Plus, I have an order that is due at the end of the day, which won't be done until tomorrow.

FYI: After I finish responding to this thread, it is imperative for me to get off and finish the order for my customer.

Mrs. Bro. Adam

[quote name='mulls' date='Sep 24 2004, 10:37 AM'] fine.

Mrs. Bro Adam, please discuss your sig quote.

everybody happy now? [/quote]
Ignorant defined in the dictionary as:

[quote]
1. Lacking education or knowledge.
2. Showing or arising from a lack of education or knowledge: an ignorant mistake.
3. Unaware or uninformed. 
[/quote]

Protestant as defined in the dictionary as:

[quote]
1. A member of a Western Christian church whose faith and practice are founded on the principles of the Reformation, especially in the acceptance of the Bible as the sole source of revelation, in justification by faith alone, and in the universal priesthood of all the believers.
2. A member of a Western Christian church adhering to the theologies of Luther, Calvin, or Zwingli.
3. One of the German princes and cities that supported the doctrines of Luther and protested against the decision of the second Diet of Speyer (1529) to enforce the Edict of Worms (1521) and deny toleration to Lutherans.
4. protestant (also pr-tstnt) One who makes a declaration or avowal. [/quote]

It should now be quite plain.

Before you jump to conclusions let me ask you a few questions:

1. How many Protestants do I claim to be talking about in my sig?
2. At any time with my sig have I claimed to group all Protestants together?
3. Do I claim that I am talking about all Protestants in my sig?

The answer to each question is clearly no. Are there ignorant Protestants? Yes, many, many, many. Are there ignorant Catholics? Yes, there are those who [b]claim[/b] to Catholic who are ignorant?

What's up with my sig? Simply to show the frustration with those Protestants who are clearly ignorant of Catholic teaching, and claim that they worship and believe something contrary to what is taught.

Mrs. Bro. Adam

[quote name='MartinLuther' date='Sep 24 2004, 11:03 AM'] I have two questions for Mrs Bro Adam:
1. If I was to make the same comment about Catholics on one of the phorums that you moderate here, would I be warned and censored?
2. When are you going to change your signature to conform with the phorum guidelines? [/quote]
I shall ask a question in reply to your question.

1. Are you grouping all Catholics together into one group?

2. It is conforming with phorum guidelines. My signature is in no way an attack on any person, or group of people. If this statement were not true, then it would be an attack.

If my husband were to come up to me and tell me that I was ignorant in the area of electricity or deep deep theology, would he be personally attacking me with words? No, in fact he is simply stating that I do not have the knowledge in these areas.

[quote name='Mrs. Bro. Adam' date='Sep 24 2004, 02:25 PM'] Was not at work and could not reply because I had no immediate, reliable access to internet. Plus, I have an order that is due at the end of the day, which won't be done until tomorrow.

FYI: After I finish responding to this thread, it is imperative for me to get off and finish the order for my customer. [/quote]
this was not directed at you, it was responding to jasjis' response because everyone seemed to be getting all uppity for no reason.

i was merely stating that i was *patiently* waiting for a response and was not going to get involved with any senseless bantering, off the topic.