daugher-of-Mary Posted September 28, 2004 Posted September 28, 2004 I always use sir/ma'am (got that from my good Southern upbringing ), but living up North you have to be careful...some people take offense at being called sir/ma'am. At work I have to resort to calling folks "hon" when I'm serving dinner...drives me crazy. lol.
Iacobus Posted September 28, 2004 Posted September 28, 2004 I don't like being called "sir." Until the day I am knighted or get my MD, I shall be Mr. Simmering. I also hate being called junior and Jake as well as a host of other names. At least as I am not a tratioir Jennie.
Thy Geekdom Come Posted September 28, 2004 Posted September 28, 2004 [quote name='Iacobus' date='Sep 27 2004, 10:09 PM'] I don't like being called "sir." Until the day I am knighted or get my MD, I shall be Mr. Simmering. I also hate being called junior and Jake as well as a host of other names. At least as I am not a tratioir Jennie. [/quote] So, Jake, you really hate being called "sir," huh sir? Hehe...I think I'm gonna like this...
Iacobus Posted September 28, 2004 Posted September 28, 2004 Yes, Micah, I really hate it. I despise it. In fact, if you call me sir to my face I ignore you. And now I shall add a collary to that doctrine and expend it to cover the internet.
StColette Posted September 28, 2004 Posted September 28, 2004 [quote name='Iacobus' date='Sep 27 2004, 09:09 PM'] At least as I am not a tratioir Jennie. [/quote] What's a tratioir ? Anywho how can I be a "tratioir" since I didn't having anything to do with the Civil War, that would be like a Protestant saying I was part of the Inquisition or Crusades just because I'm Catholic.
Iacobus Posted September 28, 2004 Posted September 28, 2004 [quote name='StColette' date='Sep 27 2004, 09:45 PM'] What's a tratioir ? Anywho how can I be a "tratioir" since I didn't having anything to do with the Civil War, that would be like a Protestant saying I was part of the Inquisition or Crusades just because I'm Catholic. [/quote] Oh but you are.
StColette Posted September 28, 2004 Posted September 28, 2004 [quote name='Iacobus' date='Sep 27 2004, 09:47 PM'] Oh but you are. [/quote] are what ? part of the Inquisition, Crusades, Civil War ?
Paladin D Posted September 28, 2004 Posted September 28, 2004 [quote name='toledo_jesus' date='Sep 27 2004, 06:50 PM'] It's those northeasterners that are so weird. [/quote] I'm gonna blast you till you call me your daddy! *Is a northeasterner* Btw, most of those things would either annoy me or make me laugh. You southerners are an odd bunch!
StColette Posted September 28, 2004 Posted September 28, 2004 [quote name='Iacobus' date='Sep 27 2004, 09:51 PM'] All of the above stated items. And more. [/quote] explain yourself, sir !! Remember you're talkin to a lady
StColette Posted September 28, 2004 Posted September 28, 2004 [quote name='Paladin D' date='Sep 27 2004, 09:54 PM'] You southerners are an odd bunch! [/quote] Oh and northerners are normal I love yall but yall are just as odd dear
franciscanheart Posted September 28, 2004 Posted September 28, 2004 why is it that all those things describe me?!?! hahahahahahahahaha TEXAS (and LA) WOOOOOOOOOOOT
Guest T-Bone Posted September 28, 2004 Posted September 28, 2004 [quote]Only use landmarks and ramble on when giving directions. "Now go down Jeff Davis Highway and turn left at where the Chevron station used to be. I think they turned it into a Amoco. Or maybe a BP. Anyway, turn right there..." "You said left." "Did I? Well, turn left there and follow it until you see a big fish on your left. I remember when that fish used to be on the other side of town.."[/quote] I give directions like this... and these doozeys: The house that used to be blue The barn that fell down last winter There used be be a vacant lot, but they put in a coffee shop or some *darn* thing. I used to ride my bike there. Played some ball too, but I wasn't too good at it...
Guest T-Bone Posted September 28, 2004 Posted September 28, 2004 [quote name='azaelia' date='Sep 27 2004, 04:10 PM'] I HATE it when [b]anyone[/b] does this! :angry: Just tell me which route to take, in which direction, and when to turn right/left onto what road. [/quote] Its easier to remember landmarks than street names.
DancesforLove Posted September 28, 2004 Posted September 28, 2004 hehe I love messin with them good ol' yankee
azaelia Posted September 28, 2004 Posted September 28, 2004 [quote name='T-Bone' date='Sep 28 2004, 12:24 AM'] Its easier to remember landmarks than street names. [/quote] Maybe for [b]you[/b] I think I'm the most northeastern person here. How much more northeastern can you ge than Maine?
azaelia Posted September 28, 2004 Posted September 28, 2004 [quote name='T-Bone' date='Sep 28 2004, 12:50 AM'] Newfoundland? [/quote] I mean in America
Paladin D Posted September 28, 2004 Posted September 28, 2004 [quote name='StColette' date='Sep 28 2004, 12:08 AM'] Oh and northerners are normal I love yall but yall are just as odd dear [/quote] Didn't say we were [b]normal[/b], just that our "oddness" tends to be better than yours.
azaelia Posted September 28, 2004 Posted September 28, 2004 [quote name='Paladin D' date='Sep 28 2004, 12:58 AM'] Didn't say we were [b]normal[/b], just that our "oddness" tends to be better than yours. [/quote] Well, I don't know about you, but I think the omission of the letter R is pretty darned odd I mean seriously....CAH?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now