An Old School Catholic Message Board

Anti-christ Will Be The Next Pope?

Paladin D

I'm sure a lot of you have heard from many non-Catholics, that the Anti-Christ will be the next Pope. My mom claimed this, and said that prophets have foretold this...and that even John Paul II know this.

She brought up the Vision of Fatima thing (not sure exactly whats it called), but it happened in Spain. She said the remaining child that was still alive, told the Pope about the secret mystery about this, that only he knows now.

Sorry if I seem so vague, but I just heard this from my mom. Your thoughts?

Your mother is totally confused.

How could the sucessor a St Peter be the anti-christ?

She has probably been reading the tabloids again, They also claim Arnold ( the acxtor running for governor) has the alien (as in ET ) votes for the election.

Many people take the prophecies of Nostradamus and the alleged prophecies of St Malachi and every year come up with some fabulous claims.

She is also referring to Fatima, and the third secret which was published some years ago.

Its just a mishmash.

Like the new agers who claim to channel spirits etc.

Unfortunately there are people out there who believe anything they see in print or hear over the back fence.

How many Fatima secrets are there? Is the last child still alive to tell them all? And where can I find these, if they are published? Or they still remain as a secret?

Jack Chick claims that all the Popes are the Anti-Christ.

Many protestants believe this.

Schismatics don't believe their has been a Pope for 40 years.

Don't worry, the barque of Peter still sails, and God is still at the tiller.

peace...

How many Fatima secrets are there?  Is the last child still alive to tell them all?  And where can I find these, if they are published?  Or they still remain as a secret?

I believe there are 3 secrets, and they've all been published. And yes, the last child is still alive, but she's really old.

I don't think he's referring to Fatima, but rather to Garabandal. That was a town in Spain where some children claimed have a vision of Mary. Their vision was a lot of fire and brimstone and included something about a False pope (not an Anti-Christ, in the way you think). This vision has never received church approval, and some of the things the visionaries have said Mary requires of us are just silly, because Mary doesn't have the authority to make Church law. God gave the keys to Peter, duh.

On the whole subject of revelations, we have to remember that all PRIVATE revelations (visions, locutions, etc.) the Church has the final judgement and this means two things: A. The Church decides if its authentic or not and B. We have to understand the vision WITH the Church (cum ecclesia). That means it can only be interpreted according to the teachings of Christ through scripture and tradition. And tradition and scripture both say that the Gates of Hell will not prevail against the Church. If the Pope is an anti-Christ, then Christ is a liar. He would never give the keys of the kingdom to an nit-Christ.

Which brings up a whole other point. An anti-Christ is not the devil incarnate who has come to bring about the end of the world. Only God can do that, and he will do it in his way (which makes all that Protestant mumbo jumbo about giant scorpions stinging everybody seem very very silly, not like the God of the Gospels at all). An anti-Christ is anyone so corrupted by sin that they fashion their life in opposition to god's truths and love. In this way, Hitler can be seen as an anti-Christ, as well as some heretics, and all false prophets.

I don't think he's referring to Fatima, but rather to Garabandal.  That was a town in Spain where some children claimed have a vision of Mary.  Their vision was a lot of fire and brimstone and included something about a False pope (not an Anti-Christ, in the way you think).  This vision has never received church approval, and some of the things the visionaries have said Mary requires of us are just silly, because Mary doesn't have the authority to make Church law.  God gave the keys to Peter, duh.

Yeah, that's part of the whole Chastisement business, and although it hasn't recieved church approval, it hasnt' been completely denied either.

Anyho, in regards to the anti-Christ, given that our Pope is currently ensuring that the Cardinals about him are good, honest men, true to the teachigns of the church and faithful to God, it's unlikely that any less then ideal individual will inherit the position of Pope.

Anyho, in regards to the anti-Christ, given that our Pope is currently ensuring that the Cardinals about him are good, honest men, true to the teachigns of the church and faithful to God, it's unlikely that any less then ideal individual will inherit the position of Pope.

I just read an article today that says the Pope has appointed 104 of the current 112 Cardinals who are under 80 (only the ones under 80 can vote in the conclave). It is also suggested that the Holy Father might call a consistory in October (earlier than expected) and name some more Cardinals . . . likely, O'Malley of Boston and Rigali of Philadelphia . . . this is a good time for the Church!!

I just read an article today that says the Pope has appointed 104 of the current 112 Cardinals who are under 80 (only the ones under 80 can vote in the conclave).  It is also suggested that the Holy Father might call a consistory in October (earlier than expected) and name some more Cardinals . . . likely, O'Malley of Boston and Rigali of Philadelphia . . . this is a good time for the Church!!

duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude!!!!!!!! if O'Malley of Boston was the Pope!!!!!

DUUUUUUUUUUDE! i love that guy! ever since i saw his homily in his initiation mass as archbishop of Boston..... yeah, that guy should definitely be the next pope

.......... of course if that's the guy God wants for the job

Yeah, I've heard that it was that St. Malachi stuff that talked about the pope after the next pope being the last pope and the end of the world happening.

What are these St. Malachi prophecies???????

I don't know Bishop O'Malley very well, but I do know that he is well respected and loved by Bishop Chaput and Fr. Benedict Groeschel. So that gives him props in my book. Whoever the next Pope is, I pray that he is burning with an evangelical zeal like JP2.

When I was in college I remember hearing a professor in the Theology Department, (who I will not disclose as being Fr. Richard McBrian), say that this Pope was out of touch with the world and cold and mean spirited and all sorts of other slanders. He then went on to talk about how loving and gentle John XXIII was and how much the whole world loved John XXIII compared to how the whole church hates JP2 . .. and I remember thinking

"Uh, is this guy on crack? We LOVE JP2" Richard McBrian is an idiot, but I thought . . . well, I don't blame him for loving John XXIII and then I thought . . . I probably will never speak ill of any pope, but man, I don't know if I will love them as much as JP2. JP2 is MY pope. He became Pope exactly one month before I was born. He's the only Pope I've ever known, and I love Christ and the Church because JP2 has taught me how to love them. Everytime I look at JP2 I feel all happy, I get all weepy like when I look at a picture of my grandpa. When I see JP2 I see Jesus . . . with all his love, and wisdom, and suffering. Everytime I look at JP2, now that he is old and ill, I think: This is what it means to follow Christ, to work for him, with Him, right up there on the Cross. WHen I was young JP2 was young and vibrant and preaching to the whole world with a zeal like Paul . . . now he is old, and weak, and suffering . . . and I think "He's preaching to the whole world like Jesus, Crucfied in his Body, but not in his heart"

Let's hear it for JP2 . . . may God make him healthy and strong for us!

Man,

Yeah, I've heard that it was that St. Malachi stuff that talked about the pope after the next pope being the last pope and the end of the world happening.

What are these St. Malachi prophecies???????

St Malachi was an Irish Saint who made several prophecies concerning the Church. Some were added after his death and attributed to them. THe trouble is distinguishing better the two. Most credible church historians discount all of them for that reason.

Read Trial, Tribulation and Triumph by Desmond Birch if you want to learn about Church accepted prophecy.