An Old School Catholic Message Board

Anti-christ Will Be The Next Pope?

Paladin D

Paladin,

You were wondering about the Secret of Fatima. It was given by Our Lady to three Portuguese children on July 13, 1917. I'll give you the message as Sister Lucy (one of the seers) presented it in her memoirs. The message is in italics, I've added some explanatory paragraphs in brackets to give context.

(Before giving the Secret Our Lady showed the three children a terrifying vision of hell, complete with fire, demons, and burning souls in eternal agony. When this vision ended Our Lady said):

"You have seen hell, where the souls of poor sinners go. To

save them God wishes to establish in the world devotion to

my Immaculate Heart. If what I say to you is done, many

souls will be saved and there will be peace. The war is

going to end, but if people do not cease offending God, a

worse one will break out during the reign of Pius XI. When

you see a night illumined by an unknown light, know that

this is the great sign given you by God that he is about to

punish the world for its crimes by means of wars, famine,

and persecution of the Church and of the Holy Father.

(This was a prophecy of the Second World War, which began in 1938, under the reign of Pius XI, when Germany annexed Austria.)

“To prevent this I shall come to ask for the consecration of

Russia to my Immaculate Heart, and the Communion of

Reparation on the First Saturdays. If my requests are

heeded, Russia will be converted and there will be peace; if

not, she will spread her errors throughout the world,

causing wars and persecutions of the Church. The good will

be martyred, the Holy Father will have much to suffer,

various nations will be annihilated. In Portugal the dogma of the faith will always be preserved...

(It is likely that this unfinished sentence is the beginning of the Third Secret. Sister Lucy has never revealed it publicly, but the entire text of the third Secret was sent to the Vatican in 1958. After telling the children the rest of the third Secret Our Lady concludes):

"In the end My Immaculate Heart will triumph. The Holy

Father will consecrate Russia to me, and a certain period of

peace will be granted to the world."

The Fatima Secret is commonly spoken of as three secrets. The first is the vision of hell and the remedy of devotion to the Immaculate Heart of Mary. The second Secret concerns the consecration of Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary, and the consequences if this is not done. The third Secret remains unpublished. The Vatican has declared that it has been published, but in the CDF document claiming this no account was taken of Our Lady's words beginning the the third Secret: "In Portugal the dogma of the faith will always be preserved..." or the rest of Our Lady's words.

From what has been said about the third Secret by those few who have read it, it seems to concern a great falling away from the faith. We don't know if an anti-pope is mentioned in the third Secret. Sister Lucy and Father Alonso, the Church appointed historian of Fatima, have hinted that it may concern instead "grave pastoral negligence of the upper hierarchy" and a "diabolical disorientation" that leads many religious and laity away from the faith.

Hope this helps.

In other words, Paladin, Our Blessed Mother warned that the gates of hell would do whatever they could to destroy her Son, Our Lord's Church. (Of course, Satan won't succeed in destroying the Church altogether, but he'll be happy with getting as many souls to leave the Church as possible. He'll spread whatever lies he can. He'll tempt every soul with their greatest weaknesses.)

One of our greatest protections against anything that would separate us from Jesus and His Church, is keeping close to His Mother.

She is the Woman of Genesis, whose Seed crushes the Serpent. She holds the Christ Child in her arms, both in the stable of Bethlehem, and at the foot of the cross on Calvary. She is the Woman of Revelation, crowned with a crown of twelve stars, and the moon under her feet.

And now, she, good and faithful servant, is united with her Son and Lord and Savior in heaven.

She intercedes for us in our necessities, just as she interceded with Christ on behalf of her friends at the wedding feast of Cana. Scripture shows that by her influence, loving request, and faithful trust in her beloved Son and Lord, her benefactors receive favors from Him that He might not otherwise have granted.

Jesus loves His mom that much. So, He will even consider special favors for those who also love His mom.

No, we don't worship her. But we believe that she is with Him. And we believe that she intercedes in a powerful way for us. And we believe that Christ would not break the commandments. He will always honor His mother.

We try to be like Christ, and we honor her as our own Mother.

That makes us brothers and sisters of Christ! :)

She is one of the Great Cloud of Witnesses who constantly pray before the throne of God on our behalf.

Boy, does that make Satan angry. :P

Pax Christi. <><

I want to make it very clear that the Third Secret of Fatima has been revealed.

You can read it for yourself here:

http://www.cwnews.com/news/viewstory.cfm?recnum=13293

You should also read what the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith has to say about the third secret:

http://www.petersnet.net/research/retrieve...cfm?RecNum=2843

Now, some people dispute that this is the "real" third secret and that the Vatican is trying to cover up the gory prophecy that is really contained in the Third Secret. I say, "Hogwash!" Why would JP2 lie to us about this prophecy.

The point that John Paul II has driven home about this apparition is that Mary is with us at all moments of our lives and that she wants us to turn to her maternal care and to carry out Christs mission. Our Holy Father was shot on the anniversary of Fatima. He believes that Mary's intercession as Our Lady of Fatima, saved his life. He made the Saturday Devotion when he was young and all his life as a priest and bishop. He believes that Mary interceded to demonstrate how glorious her intercession is to those who turn to her and go with her to Christ.

Sorry, BLAZEr,

I must disagree with you. The third Secret of Fatima has not been revealed. If it had, we would know what Our Lady said after she told the seers, "In Portugal the dogma of the faith will always be preserved..."

Neither have the other Fatima prophesies been fulfilled, for Our Lady said that when they were Russia would be converted to the Catholic faith, and "a certain period of peace" will be given to the world. We continue to await both these events.

cmotherofpirl

Sorry, BLAZEr,

I must disagree with you. The third Secret of Fatima has not been revealed. If it had, we would know what Our Lady said after she told the seers, "In Portugal the dogma of the faith will always be preserved..."

Neither have the other Fatima prophesies been fulfilled, for Our Lady said that when they were Russia would be converted to the Catholic faith, and "a certain period of peace" will be given to the world. We continue to await both these events.

If the Church says it was revealed, it was revealed.

It is rather arrogant for anybody to set a time table for the Good Lord.

Gods time is NOT our time.

Sorry, BLAZEr,

That sounds like the kind of nonsense that the suspended priest Fr. Nicholas Gruner spouts, along with the false rumor that Russia hasn't been properly consecrated to the Immaculate Heart of Mary as Our Lady requested.

From what I've read of his posts since he's been here at phatmass, mark4IHM seems to deny the current authority of the Church. Keep that in mind when reading him.

God bless.

From what I've read of his posts since he's been here at phatmass, mark4IHM seems to deny the current authority of the Church. Keep that in mind when reading him.

God bless.

Thanks for the tip, dUSt. :)

Dave,

If the third Secret has been revealed, tell me the rest of Our Lady's words. I am not denying the authority of the Church, but merely being factual when I say that these words have not been revealed. In so doing I align myself with that notorious rebel Mother Angelica, who in her May 2001 television show said this about the third Secret:

"As for the Secret, well I happen to be one of those individuals who thinks we didn’t get the whole thing. I told ya! I mean, you have the right to your own opinion, don’t you, Father? There, you know, that’s my opinion. Because I think it’s scary. And I don’t think the Holy See is going to say something that does not happen, that might happen. And then what does it do if it doesn’t happen? I mean the Holy See cannot afford to make prophecies, because. I know, —I don’t know—my funeral . . . It’s not me, so don’t look at me . . . Something’s gonna happen soon. It could be twenty years before it happens. So to God “soon” could be a thousand years. We don’t know that."

If Mother Angelica has the right to her own opinion regarding the Third Secret, do not others like myself, or even Father Gruner, have that same right?

Dust,

May God Bless you for trying my patience, for in doing so you are my friend and benefactor.

Choosing to reveal or not reveal the third Secret of Fatima falls under the authority of the Pope, and if have denied this prerogative of the Holy Father, please show me where I have done so.

You were prudent to qualify your remark with the word "seems." For in fact I do not deny the authority of any Churchman, past or present. What I object to on occasion are abuses of authority or errors in the exercise of that authority. This is not merely a right, it is an obligation, as evidenced by the words of St. Thomas Aquinas and the life of St. Catherine of Siena, both Doctors of the Church.

Perhaps what bothers you is that I dare to point these things out at all. One of the reasons I do so is that silence regarding error and abuse can too easily become complicity, which gradually leads to indifference toward error and its consequent evil. Over time silence and complicity towards error and abuse can even cause one to become hostile to the truth itself, and desire to "shoot the messenger."

Peace to you.