Piccoli Fiori JMJ Posted September 30, 2004 Posted September 30, 2004 Guess what "Mommy"!??? I finished the first paragraph and I am having so much trouble trying to write this and making it 2 pages! I don't like being me sometimes...
StColette Posted September 30, 2004 Author Posted September 30, 2004 aww what's the paper on maybe I can help
Piccoli Fiori JMJ Posted September 30, 2004 Posted September 30, 2004 It is a critique on an essay from our english book about the internet and multiple identites on line... It's hard... I know I need to do it though!
Piccoli Fiori JMJ Posted September 30, 2004 Posted September 30, 2004 Jennie doesn't want to help? Well, there isn't much she can do other than encourage me some more!
StColette Posted September 30, 2004 Author Posted September 30, 2004 I'm sorry girlie I was in the Apologetics board lol What is the name of the essay in the book ?
Piccoli Fiori JMJ Posted September 30, 2004 Posted September 30, 2004 "Cyberspace and Identity" by Sherry Turkle...
StColette Posted September 30, 2004 Author Posted September 30, 2004 have you tried this source [url="http://wps.ablongman.com/long_behrens_wrac_8/0%2C7072%2C213244-%2C00.html"]http://wps.ablongman.com/long_behrens_wrac...3244-%2C00.html[/url]
Piccoli Fiori JMJ Posted September 30, 2004 Posted September 30, 2004 yeah I did earlier... It didn't help much... the article is so weird and confusing...
Thy Geekdom Come Posted September 30, 2004 Posted September 30, 2004 [quote name='FutureNunJMJ' date='Sep 30 2004, 01:35 AM'] "Cyberspace and Identity" by Sherry Turkle... [/quote] I've never read this essay and am merely going by the title, but I do wonder what Neil Postman would have said...
Piccoli Fiori JMJ Posted September 30, 2004 Posted September 30, 2004 [quote name='StColette' date='Sep 30 2004, 12:45 AM'] lol I agree it is weird [/quote] Did you read it or something?
Piccoli Fiori JMJ Posted September 30, 2004 Posted September 30, 2004 I have an itroduction, but I don't know if it sets up a critique... Sherry Turkle, in her essay “Cyberspace and Identity”, delves into the idea that one can have a core-self, but have many identities to correspond with the different facets to their moods and personalities online. She also focuses in on how this is normal among many people online, and even how it is healthy for a person. Although she does a fine job in explaining and displaying facts, but there is also issue of promoting a type of internet “schizophrenia”, which may seem harmless, and even healthy online can actually be socially fatal in real life. What do you think???
Thy Geekdom Come Posted September 30, 2004 Posted September 30, 2004 [quote name='FutureNunJMJ' date='Sep 30 2004, 01:59 AM'] I have an itroduction, but I don't know if it sets up a critique... Sherry Turkle, in her essay “Cyberspace and Identity”, delves into the idea that one can have a core-self, but have many identities to correspond with the different facets to their moods and personalities online. She also focuses in on how this is normal among many people online, and even how it is healthy for a person. Although she does a fine job in explaining and displaying facts, but there is also issue of promoting a type of internet “schizophrenia”, which may seem harmless, and even healthy online can actually be socially fatal in real life. What do you think??? [/quote] You may also want to look into the psychological term [i]cocktail personality[/i]. It's when a person reads the behavior of others and changes his or her own behavior not only to match it, but to become appealing to those around him or her as a friend or more. I think this is much more common on the internet than in real life.
Piccoli Fiori JMJ Posted September 30, 2004 Posted September 30, 2004 ah... I think that was in the article somewhere... I wish I read more indepth... this paper will be finished tomorrow at like lunch...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now