Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Presidential Debates


Recommended Posts

Posted

[quote name='Brother Adam' date='Sep 30 2004, 10:08 PM'] So far, President Bush seems nervous. It's making me nervous :P [/quote]
I think it was the lies coming out of Kerry's mouth that were frustrating Bush.


When in a debate and someone is lying so bad to the crowd, it's hard to bite one's tongue. It would be like they were doing it in a rain storm at midnight and Kerry saying that it's a beautiful sunshining noon day.


God Bless,
ironmonk

Posted

[quote name='HartfordWhalers' date='Oct 1 2004, 11:32 AM'] LOL...

I'm sorry for that.

Just can't get one date out of my head: 1918... [/quote]
:crackup:



Uh...I mean....:unsure:


[not a Yankees fan] :ph34r:

Posted

[quote name='HartfordWhalers' date='Oct 1 2004, 12:21 PM']His[Michael Peroutka] platforms are: honor God, protect the family, and save the Republic (or restor it). We differ greatly on the last point, since I am for a Kingship. A Republic could be permissible if it had the same ends: namely a Catholic State, but it is much less likely to happen in that system, since the voters decide what is what, so the system can change at any whim of the Senators. Nevertheless, if it had the same end, it would be a viable but still (in my opinion) an inferior system.[/quote]
Intresting. How do you reconcile that with Vatican II when it came out in support of democracy and religous freedom?

Posted

[quote name='HartfordWhalers' date='Oct 1 2004, 11:21 AM'] Is that a sufficient explanation? [/quote]
Yes, thank you :)

Posted

[quote name='1337 k4th0l1x0r' date='Oct 1 2004, 09:33 AM'] but he'll send this country to hell in that time. [/quote]
that's why i'm leaving if he's elected.

i'm going to move closer to the Pope :cool: ... i might do it anyway, regardless of who is elected!

Ash Wednesday
Posted

So now that the networks are giving Kerry the debate nod, does that mean he's going to get more votes?

God, I hope not. I pray to God that he doesn't get in the White House. The 4th most liberal congressman becomes president and selects the next court justices?

Hello gay marriage, cloning, and all the abortion on demand you want.

The state of this world today upsets me so.

Posted

No way does it mean that (people aren't just going to do whatever reporters tell them). You have to wait for about a week to really see who won the debate anyway.

Ash Wednesday
Posted

As I stated in the other thread, they usually call the "winner" of the debate after the election and go back to "what really went wrong"... etc. ;)

White Knight
Posted

This Debate sould have crushed Kerry and the Democratic Party. If Bush would have been stronger than Kerry Last night, this Election would be over, because first appearances are everything, Yes, Bush can redeem himself, but its going to be hard.


I pray Bush appears to be stronger, later on down the line, I think everyone had high expections for Bush, and for the first time, they weren't met.

Ash Wednesday
Posted

Either that or low expectations of Kerry.

White Knight
Posted

Kerry was inpersonating Bush's Character in that Debate thats what I noticed, Kerry, if elected, will most likely do a 180 degree turn on what he said yesterday at the first debate.


Thats a bad thought too.

EcceNovaFacioOmni
Posted

Last night convinced me that John Kerry is a very dangerous man indeed. I pray the power of the US presidency never touches his hands.

Posted

i didn't watch. i was bowling. more fun, anyway.

Posted

I haven't posted in a while on here, but I can't hold off on this.

First off, I am in Rome and I was unable to watch the debate since it was on at 3:00 in the morning here. Reports seem to indicate that Kerry won, but I don't know how much effect it will have. The electorate is so divided, I think a lot of people have made up their minds.

Second, let me address this Michael Peroutka business. This guy has absolutely zero percent chance of winning the election. None, zip, zilch, nada, nothing. If you live in a state that is guaranteed to vote for either Bush or Kerry and your vote can't possibly change that, then by all means, vote for Peroutka and send a message. If you live in a state where the outcome is in doubt however (i.e. Florida, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, West Virginia, Michigan, Nevada, and New Mexico among a few others) then please, PLEASE, vote for Bush if you really want to make a difference in the pro-life movement.

Third, I don't have time to debate this, but I just want to say that the war in Iraq was just IMHO regardless of whether or not there was any link to al Queda, terrorism, or if they had WMDs. To those who claim it was unjust or simply do not support it, please justify your statement in light of Catholic social teaching that we are obliged to take action against moral evil. Have we forgotten that in the Iraq that was ran by Saddam Hussein, it was ROUTINE for young children to be killed in front of their parents, people were thrown into wood shredders, off of buildings, shot at point blank range, women were raped, men had electric charges hooked up to their testicles and were shocked, and women had the same done to their vaginal area. People were kidnapped against their will, kept in cold jail cells without food or water, were not given adequate restroom facilities, and were forced to urinate and defecate on themselves. Men were suspended from ceilings by their testicles, women had their breasts cut off, people were beaten, killed, and tortured for no reason whatsoever. Young girls were sold as sex slaves and people of all ages were forced to do slave labor. Those of you who are so opposed to this war, please, defend the above actions. Explain to us why you would rather see these things going on than the Iraqi people living in freedom. The only way the Iraqis were ever going to be free of Saddam was if he was forcibly removed, lest we forget he gave the proverbial middle finger to the U.N. 17 times when they issued resolutions demanding that he disarm. We have an obligation to defend our fellow human beings. As far as I'm concerned, this is something that should have been done years ago. How dare we wait so long!

OK, that should do it for my rant on that topic.

Finally, my last rant of the day. CBS has again reported on a false story to make the Bush administration look bad. First, they used documents that were forged to make it appear that the President had not fulfilled his National Guard duty. Now, they have run with a story circulated on the internet by some crazy e-mailer that the President wants to bring back the draft for men AND women ages 18-26. A couple of things, first of all, there is a bill before Congress to reinstate the draft, but guess who are the chief sponsors of it? Rep. Charlie Rangle from New York and Sen. Fritz Hollings of South Carolina, both of whom are extreme left-wing partisian DEMOCRATS! Secondly, CBS totally ignores the fact that the President can't do that to begin with. Just like anything else, it must originate in Congress, and then he can sign it. CBS is really getting rediculous. Their partisianship is so blatant it is funny. They ought to start calling themselves DNCTV.

Ash Wednesday
Posted

BOWLING!!!!

One of 'em shoulda just said "watch this!", show off those bowling shoes from behind the podium, or slam one of those shoes on the podium a la Kruschev, and then run out and do this:


[img]http://sportsposterwarehouse.com/warehouse/nixonbowling03lf-1.jpg[/img]

Posted

One more thing, then I'm headed to bed. It's late here. There is a lot of talk from the Kerry camp about Osama bin Laden. Ok, fair enough. I want him as bad as the next guy. But can we step back and consider the facts for a moment please?

Fact 1-Osama bin Laden was in control of al Queda when the bombing in Afghanistan started.

Fact 2-bin Laden had a severe kidney disorder severely limiting his mobility.

Fact 3-bin Laden released many taped addresses to Al Jazeera television shortly after the U.S. led invasion to oust the Taliban.

Fact 4-bin Laden has not been seen or heard from in nearly two years if my memory serves me correctly. (I could be wrong on this point, if that is the case, please correct me.)

Fact 5-bin Laden's second guy in command Al Zacarawi (sp?) has made a few videos recently and released them to the above named T.V. network.

Fact 6-U.S. forces dropped thousands of bombs on the mountains of the Torra Bora region of Afghanistan where OBL was believed to be hiding. Among these were 2,000 lb. bunker-buster bombs.

When we add all of this up, it is completly possible that bin Laden may be dead and his body in a million-and-one pieces. Personally, when I add up the fact that bin Laden was in the area, he was sick, we dropped so many bombs in there, and that he is only one man who has been really a nobody since 9-11 makes me believe anyway, that he is dead. I could be wrong. That's just my theory.

Posted

Well JP, I believe the guy in chrage of finding him under Bush basicly came out and said he thinks what you think.

Posted

[quote name='JP2Iloveyou' date='Oct 1 2004, 06:03 PM'] Third, I don't have time to debate this, but I just want to say that the war in Iraq was just IMHO regardless of whether or not there was any link to al Queda, terrorism, or if they had WMDs. To those who claim it was unjust or simply do not support it, please justify your statement in light of Catholic social teaching that we are obliged to take action against moral evil. Have we forgotten that in the Iraq that was ran by Saddam Hussein, it was ROUTINE for young children to be killed in front of their parents, people were thrown into wood shredders, off of buildings, shot at point blank range, women were raped, men had electric charges hooked up to their testicles and were shocked, and women had the same done to their vaginal area. People were kidnapped against their will, kept in cold jail cells without food or water, were not given adequate restroom facilities, and were forced to urinate and defecate on themselves. Men were suspended from ceilings by their testicles, women had their breasts cut off, people were beaten, killed, and tortured for no reason whatsoever. Young girls were sold as sex slaves and people of all ages were forced to do slave labor. Those of you who are so opposed to this war, please, defend the above actions. Explain to us why you would rather see these things going on than the Iraqi people living in freedom. The only way the Iraqis were ever going to be free of Saddam was if he was forcibly removed, lest we forget he gave the proverbial middle finger to the U.N. 17 times when they issued resolutions demanding that he disarm. We have an obligation to defend our fellow human beings. As far as I'm concerned, this is something that should have been done years ago. How dare we wait so long! [/quote]
:clap: :clap: :clap:

crusader1234
Posted

I havent been on here in a while (I worked during the summer or was at the lake, and other than that this place sort of got on my nerves)... but I'd just like to say that Kerry did a much better job at the debate than George Bush. Thats indesputable. Anybody who actually knows anything about debate can tell you that - regardless of who kills babies and who protects marriage.

I don't like Kerry becuase of the whole abortion/marriage deal, but on the foreign policy - as a foreigner mind you - front, Kerry is my clear favourite. My personal favourite part was when Bush said that "We had to attack! They attacked first!" And Kerry had to remind him that it was Osama, not Iraq, to which Bush replied "I know its Osama! Of course I know its Osama! Ha!"

Seeing as how peopel will totally misconstrue this post and decide that I'm some pro-abortion creep and decide to switch the topic to how Kerry is an immoral creep which makes Bush a morally sound godboy, I'm not quite sure I should be posting this.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...