An Old School Catholic Message Board

Anti-catholic Humiliation

ironmonk

Opinion of the Article  

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I truly find it disturbing that we would try to beat this guy up through a barrage of emails. For the most part Iron Monk appeared to engage in a real dialogue with this man, but the rest of the posts here seem only to desire to beat this guy up.

As for his reluctance to acknowledge his wrong beliefs...Have any of you ever had to completely change something that you have held (both cognitively and emotionally?) tightly to for years? Those of you who are converts, how long did it take you to overcome all the little doctrinal hold outs. If it was overnight, then praise God, but please don't arrogantly assume that God grants all of us that grace. It took me ten years to finally understand enough to surrender to the truth, and if ever during that time I would have recieved emails like these, I never would have continued searching.

Pray during this season of Advent that God would prepare his heart to recieve Christ when He comes.

peace...

Confessionator741

WOOHOO for iron munk.... way to be sport

i love how things are so easily taken out of context..... i would love to see 4 lines before and 4 lines after....

B

CatholicAndFanatical

Pedro,

If it was merely someone like you and I taking something out of context thats one thing. To write a freaking book about it and purposly lie to people is another. He is wouding people with his book, spreading lies. You darn right im gonna email him and 'charitably' speak my mind. Its our job to defend the Church, as Catholics, we are to defend her and spread the truth. Do you suppose St. Paul would just let this guy go and pray for him? No, he would confront his evil and cast him out.

IronMonk, as usual you did great my friend, I have emailed him, by accident I think I wrote him several times..darn outlook.

Keep up the good work bro.

CatholicAndFanatical

CatholicAndFanatical

But then again Pedro, you are correct in the fact that conversion takes time..took me probably 4 years or so..but then again I didnt write a book spreading my twisted views either..I guess thats the difference. I pray he converts, but thats not my mission, its to get him to realize he is lying about the Church and therefore lying to his readers. He needs to change that.

Catholic and Fanatical,

When the title of this thread contains the word "humiliation", what am I to think, that this cause is noble? When the majority of the posts on here are disrespectful, am I to assume charity? When we stoop to that level, I fail to see the righteousness of our cause. I'm sorry that this one individual has caused so many of us to become angry and to descend into tit-for-tat and anti-Catholic baiting. I just know that we are better than this, and am saddened when we don't rise to the level that we are capable of.

peace...

Catholic and Fanatical,

When the title of this thread contains the word "humiliation", what am I to think, that this cause is noble?  When the majority of the posts on here are disrespectful, am I to assume charity?  When we stoop to that level, I fail to see the righteousness of our cause.  I'm sorry that this one individual has caused so many of us to become angry and to descend into tit-for-tat and anti-Catholic baiting.  I just know that we are better than this, and am saddened when we don't rise to the level that we are capable of.

peace...

And, this my dear, is why I consider you my brother in arms. :wub:

CatholicAndFanatical

Im not sure what you expect us to do. Ignore this type of behavior. I think the 'humiliation' part of the title was because this guy couldnt answer one bit of Max's questions, and when he did it was just something that was made up or taken out of context. The humiliation came from Max proving this guy hadnt a clue what was going on.

I doubt our emails are uncharitable, despite what we say here. Look on our "Pastor Ed" threads, Jake, Max and I talk and show our emails to this guy, we might spat off on the thread but our emails are informational, correct and filled with facts.

Im just not sure what you would like us to do. We cant ignore this, if we ignored everyone and went off on our happy way, we'd be over run. We have to speak up.

But what we say on the boards and what we do in emails are two different things.

Catholic and Fanatical,

When the title of this thread contains the word "humiliation", what am I to think, that this cause is noble?  When the majority of the posts on here are disrespectful, am I to assume charity?  When we stoop to that level, I fail to see the righteousness of our cause.  I'm sorry that this one individual has caused so many of us to become angry and to descend into tit-for-tat and anti-Catholic baiting.  I just know that we are better than this, and am saddened when we don't rise to the level that we are capable of.

peace...

First off, it is good to be humble, and we all need to be humbled when we are wrong and spreading out right lies.

Second, this guy is a liar, he knows he's a liar, and he continues to lie.

This has nothing to do with what he believes as a non-Catholic, this has to do with him continuing to lie about the Catholic Church teachings, after being corrected.

Sometimes 'baiting' is necessary to get people to look at something from a different angle.

Yes... this guy needs a barage of emails along with much prayer... this guy needs to stop lying about the faith.

Like the others wrote, this is not someone who is new to the bible or some joe blow that we came across.... this is a guy who claims he knows what the Catholic Church teaches... one would assume that if someone claims they know something, then they must have studied it... especially if they have a book published on the material... He has taken bits and pieces and clearly distorted them.

I truly find it disturbing that someone thinks that correcting someone is disturbing. If more Catholics corrected those who are wrong, or outright lie about our faith, there would not be so many ignorant Catholics leaving the Church, and more people would be saved by joining her.

Your Servant in Christ,

ironmonk