An Old School Catholic Message Board

Kerry loses his faith

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='SirMyztiq' date='Nov 6 2004, 11:12 PM'] Or if we have kids born forcefully and mothers then have to go into federal aid. Then we have a bunch of Republicans whining about it.

That and that was a very stupid and naive statement pirl. [/quote]
Since when was government set up to have health aid? It never was. It's the naive current government and supporters who hold that to be true.

I wish Bush got a lot more of the Catholic vote than he did. It seems a lot of Catholics are not listening in church.

the important thing is this shows a shift towards Catholics voting anti-abortion, if it keeps up next election it'll be 60%, the next 70%, etc. until the democrats stop supporting the most evil thing in the country today

[quote name='qfnol31' date='Nov 7 2004, 12:54 PM'] Since when was government set up to have health aid? It never was. It's the naive current government and supporters who hold that to be true.

[/quote]
Qfnol...

Ever since this Government was created the power has always belonged to the people and it was the Government's task to protect and protect the people's rights.
Health aid was introduced as a part to actually carry out the duties that the Government has always supposed to have. Besides nobody but the Republicans whine about it. Anyways the fact is that it exist and Republicans have a very hard time finding money for it.

Luthien I find it hard to believe that the reason why there isn't enough money for SS is that babies aren't being born. So more babies are dying that there are babies born? Hard to believe. And also provide me a link to where you get your cold facts.

"Then you shouldn't have had sex!"

Or how bout the girl doesn't really go along with the whole anti-premarital sex and she was young and stupid and had sex with a guy who easily seduced her into it. Happens alot and so you say that in order to fix this we must punish them by forcing them to have babies! That's not a reason to be a mother. "Those Catholics forced me too!"

That whole scope that you people have IS SHORTSIGHTED.
Anybody that judges the judgement of others based on what a book and a man who says he knows what he is talking about is shortsighted.

Abortion being used as "birth control" Perhaps, but then again you preach against better methods of "birth control" so what do you want. For all people to stop having sex and wait until marriage only to divorce 3 days later?

Abortion is hardly used as "birth control" It's more of a " I know I can't be responsible for this baby" and it's more of a responsability thing.

[quote name='Aluigi' date='Nov 8 2004, 12:15 AM'] the important thing is this shows a shift towards Catholics voting anti-abortion, if it keeps up next election it'll be 60%, the next 70%, etc. until the democrats stop supporting the most evil thing in the country today [/quote]
I highly doubt that will happen.

Todays teens are way more liberal than you would expect. And by 2008 there will be plenty more Democrats.

HomeTeamFamily

isnt there something in one of the founding documents of this country that states

"the right to life is self-evident"?????

HomeTeamFamily

[quote]Abortion is hardly used as "birth control" It's more of a " I know I can't be responsible for this baby" and it's more of a responsability thing.[/quote]

which totally takes the procreative element that is intrinsic in the sexual act out of it and makes it purely for pleasure.....that is not in Gods plan i know that much

[quote name='VoloHumilisEsse' date='Nov 8 2004, 12:21 AM'] isnt there something in one of the founding documents of this country that states

"the right to life is self-evident"????? [/quote]
From the Declaration of Independence:

[quote] We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.[/quote]

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='SirMyztiq' date='Nov 8 2004, 01:19 AM'] Or how bout the girl doesn't really go along with the whole anti-premarital sex and she was young and stupid and had sex with a guy who easily seduced her into it. Happens alot and so you say that in order to fix this we must punish them by forcing them to have babies! That's not a reason to be a mother. "Those Catholics forced me too!"

That whole scope that you people have IS SHORTSIGHTED.
Anybody that judges the judgement of others based on what a book and a man who says he knows what he is talking about is shortsighted.

Abortion being used as "birth control" Perhaps, but then again you preach against better methods of "birth control" so what do you want. For all people to stop having sex and wait until marriage only to divorce 3 days later?

Abortion is hardly used as "birth control" It's more of a " I know I can't be responsible for this baby" and it's more of a responsability thing. [/quote]
1. Babies are not a punishment. They are a gift from God, even illegitimate children.

2. It is shortsighted, rather, to imply that people should be allowed to do what is at the very least possibly murder and at the truth of the matter is genocide.

3. The Church does not preach against better methods of birth control. The Church preaches against all artificial birth control, none of which approach abstinence, the 100% effective birth control and NFP, the 98-99% effective "birth control" (although, I don't like to use that term, since his has the connotation of contraception). It seems to me that the Church is advocating the best, and why should we aim for any lower or expect any less?

4. A woman who has an abortion proves herself far more irresponsible by procuring an abortion than she does by carrying the child to term and letting the child live.

Having an abortion is the height of irresponsibility. It is not taking responsibility for ones own actions, and in turn, killing someone else because of it.

One who was responsible would say...I was stupid, I made a mistake, but I'm going to learn from this and have this baby.

It is not the baby's fault that the parents are irresponsible.