CatholicAndFanatical Posted October 6, 2003 Posted October 6, 2003 I was watching tv over the weekend and saw a commercial for animals and the environment. The commercial goes like this. Scene is of a person holding a duck that is soaked in oil from an oil spill in the ocean. The workers are cleaning the duck off and the camera focus's on the duck and a commentator comes in.. Commentator: If he could talk. He would say how dangerous the environment is. Commentator paused for effect Commentator: If he could talk, he would say..blah, blah, blah. Ok anyway, this went on for the :30 spot for this commercial and im thinking..you know what, this weekend I have seen TONS of animal right commercials, from fur to seals..what about babies? What about humans. Im all for protecting the wildlife and such, but what really agrivates me is that half of those people at PETA are in support of Abortion, they'd kill baby humans but not baby rats..pretty rediculous.. So I am making a commercial..dont know how but by the Grace of God Im going to do it..so below is what I thought would be a good commercial.comments welcome, be constructive, im not steven spielburg, im steve catholicandfanatical ************************************ Right For Life Commercial: Ultrasound By Steve Scene 1 Opening music A live ultra-sound is the focus The heartbeat of the baby is very noticeable The baby is sucking her thumb The Commentator comes in: If she could talk, she would say how excited she is about coming into this world Commentator Pause for effect, about 2-3 seconds If she could talk, she would mention how she dreams of being close to you Commentator Pause for effect, about 2-3 second If she could talk, she would tell you how she just wants to be loved Commentator Pause for effect, about 2-3 second If she could talk, she would tell you that she’s not just a ‘fetus’ but a living, breathing human being with thoughts and feelings Commentator Pause for effect, about 2-3 second If she could talk, she would tell you how much she loves you Screen goes black and a message centered on the screen says Give Life a Chance Or Abortion is Murder Or Choose Responsibility Not Abortion Or Abortion stops a beating heart Right For Life endorsement comes up Approximately :30 ********************************************* ok, i spent a few hours trying to come up with something touching that the baby could say. So feel free to give ideas. I dunno, its an idea anyway..was just thinking how I could serve the babies that cant serve themselves.. oh yea, when i put at the end "Screen goes black and a message centered on the screen says.." those msg's dont come up at once..hehe, i was goign to choose one of those messages to come up, not all of them like that.. God Bless, CatholicAndFanatical
littleflower+JMJ Posted October 6, 2003 Posted October 6, 2003 steve your amazing!! i like that idea soo much..... that would be such a GREAT idea to really speak up for the unborn +JMJ
CatholicAndFanatical Posted October 6, 2003 Author Posted October 6, 2003 whoa, well thank you littleflower, made me blush, but really its God, not me. CatholicAndFanatical
Dave Posted October 6, 2003 Posted October 6, 2003 That's a wonderful idea, Steve! I get goose bumps just thinking about it.
littleflower+JMJ Posted October 6, 2003 Posted October 6, 2003 you know there are some COOL pro-life commercials thats been aired and have even won awards? check out www.shakethenation.org and click on the left where its says "TV ADS" theres three of them and they all gave me goosebumps when i watched them... +JMJ
CatholicAndFanatical Posted October 6, 2003 Author Posted October 6, 2003 thanks for the link, im there now checking them now
Mary's Knight, La Posted October 6, 2003 Posted October 6, 2003 I like the commercial I just wish I was optimistic enough to believe there might be a station that would air it. More than likely would flat out refuse, or shove it in the least watched spots.
BLAZEr Posted October 6, 2003 Posted October 6, 2003 Steve forward your idea to Michigan Right to Life and Arizona Right to Life, they produce a lot of commericials. Also, I'm sure that Fr. Frank would like to hear this idea. Send it to pfl@priestsforlife.org Attn: Public Outreach, Elisa DeStefano . . .
IcePrincessKRS Posted October 6, 2003 Posted October 6, 2003 There is a film school in Grand Rapids (I think...) that my brother in law Jake went to, and they actually make and AIR Pro-Life commercials. I've actually seen them on the TV before! Maybe if you sent your idea to someplace like that they'd actually get it on TV?
Qamidalash Posted October 6, 2003 Posted October 6, 2003 OO!! Wonderful idea; I totally agree that we need to represent our unborn family members! Do try to somehow get it aired!! St. Therese, pray for us!!
CatholicAndFanatical Posted October 6, 2003 Author Posted October 6, 2003 Thanks guys for the info.. Im on it like a slick MC Just track isnt God Great!! St. Therese pray for us! CatholicAndFanatical
Chastisement Posted October 7, 2003 Posted October 7, 2003 That was pretty spiffy. Only, one comment. Now, I'm all for the unborn and saving them, et al, but I really think one of the huge problems facing the Pro-Life movement today is we are seen to be all about the foetus and not enough about the woman. As true as it is "Abortion stops a beating heart" is really quite a bad slogan, it focusses everything on the baby and not anything on the woman in the situtation. "Abortion: One dead. One wounded". Is my fav. anti-abortion slogan.
CatholicAndFanatical Posted October 7, 2003 Author Posted October 7, 2003 "Abortion: One dead. One wounded". Is my fav. anti-abortion slogan. Yea that is a good slogan, and excellent point. My idea was inDouche to focus on the child rather than the mother. Perhaps I can try to think of another one where I could include the mother in there as well. CatholicAndFanatical
willguy Posted October 7, 2003 Posted October 7, 2003 amesome idea. My only comment would be that it may be too similar to the PETA one and they may try and get you on copyright infringement or something like that.
CatholicAndFanatical Posted October 7, 2003 Author Posted October 7, 2003 :blink: doh! could they do that with just the words? ooo, i bet they could. ok, well i'll look into that, back to da drawing board. thanks for telling me, id be apologeticing from behind bars or something, or from a card board box because id be sued for everything i own CatholicAndFanatical
Jake Huether Posted October 7, 2003 Posted October 7, 2003 There is a film school in Grand Rapids (I think...) that my brother in law Jake went to, and they actually make and AIR Pro-Life commercials. I've actually seen them on the TV before! Maybe if you sent your idea to someplace like that they'd actually get it on TV? Hey, I like your brother in laws name! ;)
Jake Huether Posted October 7, 2003 Posted October 7, 2003 How 'bout this: "If she could talk, she would say, "mommy, don't kill me". There that would include the mom.
jmjtina Posted October 7, 2003 Posted October 7, 2003 wow steve that's amesome! I would think you could do it, b/c SNL does it ALL the time......but I would definitely check up on that b/c it's a cool idea! i love shake the nation's commercials B)
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now