CatholicAndFanatical Posted October 7, 2003 Author Posted October 7, 2003 Thanks tina, im doing that now actually. Hopefully like SNL I can get away with it. that shake the nation was amesome, there was another one too that one an award. The first scene was the mom on the doctors table, she visioned about taking care of the baby, then the baby had its first B day, then school, then graduation, then marriage..then it all faded away and she was back at the doctors table..I thought that was pretty powerful. of course, it is alot better to actualy see it rather than me saying it, huh. God Bless, CatholicAndFanatical
willguy Posted October 7, 2003 Posted October 7, 2003 SNL does parodies, which are obviously billed as parodies. One of the problems you might run into is that, because the comercials are similar, PETA (or whoever made the original) could say that you are trying to attach them to pro-life issues. Not sure if they could sue or not, I'm just trying to help you cover your bases. Peace and God Bless, Willguy
PedroX Posted October 7, 2003 Posted October 7, 2003 Catholic and Fanatical, You might talk about how the mother will never hear the baby say mommy. Will never see the first steps, etc. Alternate pictures of the ultrasound with pictures of a pregnant woman. Ultrasound: If this baby could talk.... Pregnant Mom: She'll always wonder what it would be like to be called mommy. something like that. peace...
Dave Posted October 7, 2003 Posted October 7, 2003 I remember in the early 90s they had some pro-life commercials whose slogan was "Life -- what a beautiful choice." In one of them, a female voice-over was used, and she discusses how she always thinks about a baby she aborted and what he'd look like with each year and what he'd be doing. Scenes of a young boy doing all sorts of young boy things (one of them including pitching at a Little League game). The last scene shows him running toward his mother, and then he fades out like he was a ghost. With that, the voice-over says something like, "If you have an abortion and think it will just go away, it can't." Perhaps you ought to consider something similar?
willguy Posted October 8, 2003 Posted October 8, 2003 I saw one once. It had a 20-something woman sitting in a bed. A voiceover said "They told you there'd be no voices in the night. No crying down the hall. Nothing to keep you up at night. They were wrong." Interspirsed were clips of a little kid and sounds of a kid laughin,crying,playing,etc.
merrymexican Posted October 8, 2003 Posted October 8, 2003 Hey Steve, great ideas man! A friend of mine out here in AZ has an organization he started for this very reason. He is a long time advertising guy who is now working to promote human dignity by using positive media. Including producing commercials with pro-life messages. They are extremely well done and very powerful. He has them all available to see online. You all should check them out. www.virtuemedia.org His name is Tom Peterson... Steve and everyone... maybe you would want to email him your ideas. FOR A NEW CULTURE! In Christ merrymex
CatholicAndFanatical Posted October 8, 2003 Author Posted October 8, 2003 Thanks MM for the info, i'll send him an email today. Thanks for the idea's everyone. I havent found anything yet as to whether or not it would be copy infringment if I used the same style of words, but i've only emailed a few people. Im awaiting the word, i'll keep ya posted. God Bless everyone, CatholicAndFanatical
gunz25 Posted October 8, 2003 Posted October 8, 2003 I think its so amazing to use your creativity in this way. I don't really have any helpful links or don't know anyone who could help you on this project, but I can most definitely pray for a great outcome! (and that someone will be gracious enough to send it out on air!!) You never know...In Evansville they have started putting up billboards all around the city about pro-life issues and abstainence!! I would have never thought to see those messages on the side of the expressway! Just wanted to let you know that you are in my prayers! Keep us updated for sure!
CatholicAndFanatical Posted October 8, 2003 Author Posted October 8, 2003 Thank you gunz25 for the prayers, they are definitly needed. I to will be praying that someone will take this idea and be able to produce it God Bless, CatholicAndFanatical
CatholicAndFanatical Posted October 9, 2003 Author Posted October 9, 2003 MerryMexican, I have a response from Tom Peterson, the person you set me up with, and he is interested in hearing my idea's. He also asked how I found out about VirtualMedia and I explained what I was doing on this phorum and that you posted the name and website. Thanks again for the info, we'll see what comes of it. God Bless, CatholicAndFanatical
merrymexican Posted October 10, 2003 Posted October 10, 2003 C&F, You can let him know that it was Chris Faddis that told you about him... tell him I said hello. Glad you two got in touch. Aren't his commercials amesome?!?! God bless you and you are in my prayers... Here's to a NEW CULTURE! mm
musturde Posted October 10, 2003 Posted October 10, 2003 Sad to say, I doubt it would help. If you were in their place I don't think you would care if you saw a commercial like that. I say the best way to help, if you want to, is to join a pro-life movement.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now